Fast diet: to be or not to be?
May 2, 2010
If you urgently need to lose weight in a week and lose a few kilos, you will come to the aid ekstress-diet - nutrition program designed for rapid weight loss. However, to comply with a fast diet is not easy, because it is built on a strict restriction of calories consumed. However, today express diet gained enormous popularity as a means of fast (but short!) Weight loss. Fast diet used by many Hollywood celebrities before important events when you need to look perfect on the red carpet before the lenses of photographers, but they are suitable for ordinary mortals.
Fast diet - fast weight loss
How effective fast diet? In the short term, their effectiveness is indisputable, but they are absolutely contraindicated for long-term use. This is a diet and nutrition program is not providing a stable weight loss and preservation of the results. Express-diet can be followed in a few days (3-14 days), or may cause serious health problems.
Many people are hard to tolerate rapid diet because of a significant reduction in calorie intake. In addition, fast diet, especially the really effective, make it difficult to control hunger. However, despite all these shortcomings, the express diet really help to lose weight in a relatively short period of time.
Here are some popular fast diets that really "work":
- Lemonade Diet: Did you know that this diet helped popularize itself Beyonce? With the lemonade diet pop diva has lost about 8 kilos in just 8-10 days. The actress had to lose weight quickly to get the lead role in the musical "Dreamgirls", later received the "Oscar".
- Lemonade Diet, in addition to its direct purpose (weight loss) has another function - effectively removes toxins and waste products. Strict adherence to this diet has a "side effect" in the form of cleansing the body
Cleansing the body - comprehensive restoration
. Lemonade Diet implies a complete rejection of solid food for at least 10 days. It is also often referred to as a program of forced starvation. In lemonade diet need to consume 6-12 glasses of lemonade per day. Studies have shown that on the lemonade diet, you can lose 3-4 kilos in 10 days.
- Broth diet: to lose weight on a diet of broth takes willpower and mental discipline, because it allows only breakfast. To increase your intake of fluids, allowed to drink chicken soup in unlimited quantities at any time of the day. Breakfast can include fruit salad and low-fat yogurt, oatmeal and skim milk. This diet is designed for a very short period of time (no more than 3-5 days). The sharp decline in the number of calories consumed - a distinctive feature of broth diet, it is due to this, and there is a loss of weight.
- Scarsdale Diet: This low-calorie diet gives excellent results and helps you quickly lose weight. Diet developed a dietitian from the American city of Scarsdale, and has been for a long time. Diet drinks are only allowed to eat sugar-free, there are a lot of grapefruit and other fresh fruits, as well as taking appetite suppressants herbal preparations. The effect is achieved by chemical reactions in the body, and not due to control or limit the number of servings consumed calories. Diet designed for 14 days and involves the use of certain food three times a day. Snacks between meals are forbidden. On the Scarsdale diet, you can lose 3-7 kilos in 2 weeks.
Advantages fast diets
- Most fast diets are designed for a short period of time, so they are easier to observe.
- Since almost all fast diets are based on restricting calorie intake, they do provide weight loss.
- Since the majority of express diets emphasis on the use of fresh fruits and vegetables, you get all the necessary body vitamins, proteins, minerals.
- Exclusion from the diet of complex carbohydrates, fats, sugar and other harmful substances helps maintain normal blood sugar levels.
- Some well-designed fast diets include all the essential nutrients (carbohydrates, fats, proteins) and therefore less likelihood of complications.
- Some quick diets also help cleanse the body of toxins, and, along with weight loss you improve the condition and skin tone.
- Rapid weight loss motivation and serves as a springboard for further weight loss is an effective way to move to a healthy diet
Healthy eating - do not limit yourself to eating
Disadvantages fast diets
- Some quick diets, including cabbage and chocolate diet create a shortage of essential vitamins, minerals and proteins.
- Fast diets high in protein and low in carbohydrates can lead to a deficiency of the electrolyte.
- Possible side effects of express diets: low blood pressure, kidney stones
Kidney stones: identify and treat
, Weakness and apathy, insomnia
Insomnia - constant companion stress
- Most fast diets completely excluded from the diet of carbohydrates and fats, which may result in a shortage of energy.
- Shortage or excess fluid in the body may lead to dehydration or diarrhea.
- After the end of a fast diet is necessary for a long time to make up for a deficiency of vitamins and minerals in the body.
- In the long term, quick diets can lead to serious health problems.
- After graduating express diet to lose weight quickly returned, if not respect the principles of healthy eating. Thus, fast diets often have the opposite effect.
Diet for mononucleosis - saving immunity
June 11, 2014
Mononucleosis - a viral infection that attacks the immune system. Mononucleosis causes weakness and malaise for a long time, often several months. Mononucleosis mainly affects adolescents and young adults. The key to recovery - this is rest, drinking plenty of fluids and a healthy diet for mononucleosis, strengthens the immune system.
Antioxidants - are vitamins and minerals, which are contained in foods, and is removed from the bloodstream harmful substances called free radicals. Free radicals - is a natural byproduct of metabolism that can cause oxidative damage to the body. Antioxidants prevent this damage, restore it and improve the body's immune defenses.
Experts say that a common antioxidants include vitamin A and carotenoids, which are in the red, yellow and orange fruits and vegetables; Vitamin C as part of citrus, green leafy vegetables, strawberries and tomatoes; vitamin E in the composition of nuts, seeds, whole grains and vegetable oils; as well as selenium, which is found in fish, shellfish, red meat, beans, eggs and chicken. Other antioxidants include phytochemicals, such as lycopene, lutein and flavonoids.
Experts recommend to change the power in the mononucleosis, eating less saturated fat and animal protein, reducing the amount of dairy products high fat, and eating healthy fats. The most important recommendation on diet - eat more fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Green leafy vegetables, broccoli, peppers, oranges, cabbage and spinach are rich in antioxidants
Antioxidants: the truth about the notorious benefits
. Increasing fiber intake from whole grains such as rice, cereals, wheat and beans, too useful, do not forget to drink plenty of water to cleanse the body.
Diet for infectious mononucleosis
Here are some guidelines to help you eat well, to strengthen the immune system by mononucleosis:
- Drink plenty of fluids. To treat different diseases, including mononucleosis, most doctors recommend to eat during the day a lot of fluids. In addition to eight glasses of water a day, such liquids such as fruit juice, broth, vegetable juice, herbal tea, barley water, coconut milk, and so on, need to be used at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Eat small portions. Overloading the body with three large meals a day can lead to digestive problems, which may increase the symptoms of mononucleosis
Symptoms of mononucleosis - easy to make a mistake
. Therefore, the best diet for mononucleosis consists of six small meals a day, allowing the patient to cope with the infection in the body.
- Eat more healthy food. Many experts argue that if mononucleosis is important to follow a healthy diet, not many people know exactly what it is best to have at this time. For patients with mononucleosis it is absolutely necessary to have a lot of whole grains, cereals, seafood, eggs, fresh fruit and vegetables. Fruits, which are an important part of the diet in the mononucleosis - a banana
Bananas: the benefits and harms health
Apples, strawberries, oranges and other citrus fruits. Vegetables that should be consumed in large quantities - a spinach, cabbage, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli and other green leafy vegetables. Some seafood rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which have anti-inflammatory properties. This salmon, tuna, mackerel, haddock and other cold-water fish. In addition to these products, are also very useful cereals such as brown rice and wheat. Other products that are useful for mononucleosis - are eggs, chicken, beans, and red meat.
- Eliminate unhealthy foods. Semi-finished products, in which a lot of salt, sugar and saturated fats should be excluded from the diet when mononucleosis. It also includes soluble products, fast food and processed foods. Beverages containing caffeine, such as coffee, cola, tea, may aggravate the condition, so they are best avoided. Alcohol can have a negative impact on people with mononucleosis. It should be excluded until they are cured.
Diet for mononucleosis in children
Here's a list of foods that are recommended for children under mononucleosis. Keep in mind that each case needs an individual approach, and every doctor will give recommendations.
- Increase the amount of products with high nutrient density
Products that contain the most nutrients per gram, help recover and strengthen the body. Try to give your child more of these products:
- Fresh fruit, fruit smoothies from the berries of different colors
- Vegetables fresh as possible
- Increase the number of products with antimicrobial activity
Foods such as garlic
Garlic health: almost a panacea
and onions, kill bacteria, and even viruses. Try adding just crushed garlic in a dish before serving.
- Avoid stimulants such as coffee, tea or energy drinks
Caffeine overload the body, which is already struggling with toxins, so limit your use of this type of beverage. Children ideally should not consume energy drinks, and even sports drinks. Water suitable for children most.
- Avoid foods rich in simple sugars and sugar
Be careful with sugary foods and drinks, such as sugary fruit juices and many breakfast cereals. Choose cereals and bread from whole grains.
- Be careful with saturated fats
Remember that you need to get energy from the foods that are rich in various nutrients. Therefore, limit foods such as chocolate, cakes, meat products and spreads, fast food. Instead, choose low-fat dairy products (for children older than 2 years), beef fillet, walnuts and yogurt.
- It is necessary to drink a lot
Give your child plenty of water. Pay attention to the child's urine: it should be relatively transparent. If the urine is dark and has a smell, it may be a sign of dehydration.
Diet after mononucleosis
Since the power recommended when mononucleosis is relatively healthy and nutritious, many people follow it and after illness. Because this diet restricts the intake of fat, sugar, salt and cholesterol, people also followed her to lose weight. However, while this diet is quite useful and safe, and most people can stick with it, it is always better to discuss with your doctor how to eat after mononucleosis, and in general, before changing dietary habits. This is especially important for those who have other diseases in addition to mononucleosis.
If your diet does not provide the body with the necessary nutrients, perhaps you'd better take vitamin supplements. Before you do this, you need to consult a doctor, so he recommended daily dose.