Inflammation of the pancreas
Diabetes and pancreas - the things you need to know
- Pancreatitis - fairly common ailment. In his treatment of the crucial role played by diet, without a recovery is not out of the question. What can and what can not be eaten with pancreatitis - this is not a casual interest in those who had to deal with inflammation of the pancreas.
Features of the disease
Pancreatitis is characterized in that the enzymes produced by the pancreas does not arrive in the intestine and gland destroy itself. The result is a toxic compound that with the blood spread throughout the body and can cause serious damage to internal organs.
The most common cause of pancreatitis - alcohol abuse. We all know that from the abundant libations suffering liver, pancreas, but alcohol-based beverages do not cause less harm. In addition, acute pancreatitis may occur as a complication of gallstone disease. Among other reasons, the disease is called intoxication, viral, fungal and parasitic infections, complications after surgery, trauma.
In acute pancreatitis
Acute pancreatitis - is easier to prevent than to treat
there is a strong constant pain in the upper abdomen, which is accompanied by uncontrollable vomiting. Sometimes the pain radiates into the left half of the body. In some cases it may be jaundice
Jaundice - if the eyes are shining suspiciously
When acute pancreatitis is not cured properly, the disease can become chronic. In this case, the intensity of the pain is less, but the pain are regularly arise periodically exacerbation. Pain, dyspeptic symptoms, weight loss, poor health - this is an incomplete list of symptoms of chronic diseases. Unfortunately, chronic pancreatitis is almost not treated, but a lifelong diet can improve the quality of life.
Acute pancreatitis in many cases can go on their own: the pancreas has an amazing ability to recover. But to eliminate the consequences of acute inflammation of the body needs complete rest.
Hunger, cold and quiet
Treatment of acute pancreatitis can be reduced to a simple formula - 'hunger, cold and quiet. " Cooling of the abdomen to relieve the suffering of the patient, and the refusal of food and rest will help the pancreas to recover quickly. Of course, the treatment should be done only under the supervision of physicians: acute pancreatitis - an indication for urgent hospitalization.
Of course, the fast life is not necessary. Recovering patients are transferred to the sparing diet, which helps to organ damage as soon as possible to restore their function. Those who suffer from chronic pancreatitis
Chronic pancreatitis - why you need a strict diet
, Shows a special diet, which also has its own characteristics.
Certain foods can trigger an attack of pancreatitis. Patients should abandon such products as:
- Alcohol, including alcoholic beverages;
- Fatty food. From animal fats such as lard and lard should be abandoned entirely, plant, you can leave at the minimum level - no more than a teaspoon of vegetable oil per day. At the same amount it may be natural butter, which is added to the ready-made meals. Banned all fried foods, any fast food, margarines and products containing them (for example, sweets industrial production), nuts, seeds, avocados;
- Red meat - beef, pork, lamb. Under the ban as the kidneys and brain. Small quantities can be consumed lean chicken breast or turkey. Occasionally you can afford to lean veal or beef with a minimum fat content;
- Rich broth. We'll have to forget about the soup, Sherpa ear. Only vegetable soup can be pureed can be transparent, but without the addition of meat;
- Sugar. It can replace fructose or honey in small quantities;
- Sweets: candy, chocolate, ice cream, cakes and pastries;
- Carbonated drinks (even sugar-free);
- Canned food, pickles, hot and spicy dishes, smoked foods with artificial additives.
Products made from white flour significantly limited and possibly replaced with whole-grain bread. Any bread should be slightly stale, lush fresh pastries excluded. Under the ban, and baking. You should also limit the spices.
And what can be?
The food you can eat fruits, vegetables, grains, low-fat dairy products, lean meat, fish, bean curd. Eggs are used in moderation, it is best to cook them boiled or scrambled eggs to cook (steam or fried in a dry frying pan without fat). Egg whites can not be limited, but more than one yolk per day have not recommended.
No restrictions can be consumed low-fat dairy products (yogurt, fermented baked milk, yogurt, cottage cheese). You can have moderate amounts of low-fat, non-sharp cheeses.
Useful porridge - knitting or pureed. Kashi prepared from buckwheat, oats, rice or semolina in the water or on the water with milk. No restrictions can have a variety of pastas.
Vegetables should be eaten boiled or baked in the form of potatoes, squash, peas, pumpkin, beets, carrots, cauliflower. Fruit is desirable to choose a sweet, fully ripened. Admitted and sour apples baked form. It is also possible to prepare fruit jellies, mousses, fruit drinks and juices. The main thing - do not add sugar.
When and how have
Diet for pancreatitis is of considerable importance. Nutrition should be a fraction - 5-6 times a day in small portions. It is not necessary to wait for satiety: Overeating is dangerous for the pancreas.
And the temperature of the food is important. Meals do not have to be either scalding-hot nor cold. A perfect choice - the food body temperature or slightly warmer.
The diet in chronic pancreatitis rather meager, so the body can experience a lack of certain vitamins and minerals. The problem is solved with the help of pharmacy drugs that the doctor prescribes.