Diet after childbirth: the main thing - is the health of the baby!
August 22, 2010
There are women, who almost immediately after birth figure becomes the same as it was before pregnancy. If you are not one of those rare lucky, you probably are not very happy with forms that have emerged after the birth of the baby. This can be corrected if you follow the simple advice and persevere.
Do not sit on a diet too soon
Your body needs time to recover from childbirth. Wait 6 weeks postpartum before the survey, and then, if the doctor says that you are all OK, you can start to lose weight. If you are breastfeeding, it is best to wait with diet two months after giving birth.
If you start losing weight immediately after delivery, it will slow down the recovery process, and you'll quickly get tired - and you need a lot of energy to take care of the baby and in parallel to cope with other duties. In addition, the diet may affect the production of breast milk. If you are patient, you will get a pleasant surprise - it received the required time, the body is then easy to lose weight, especially if you are breastfeeding.
Set realistic goals
Remember that back exactly the forms that were before pregnancy is possible only rare women. For most women, there are irreversible changes - the skin becomes less elastic abdomen, thigh - wider and waist increases. It should be understood that this is almost nothing you can do, and we must learn to accept your body for what it is, it is now, after gave birth to a new man.
Lose weight slowly
- Severely restricted diet you are contraindicated. To stay healthy and cheerful, a woman needs not less than 1200 calories a day, and most require 1,500-2,000 calories. If you consume less inevitable fatigue and mood swings - usually not for the better. Breastfeeding mothers need to consume daily is not less than 1800 kcal, and the majority - from 2000 to 2700 calories to nutrients and enough energy and your own body, and the child.
- Rapid weight loss while breastfeeding
Breast-feeding: feed - and no nails!
more dangerous because while in the blood, and hence breast milk fall toxins that have accumulated for a long time in the body. (It may be heavy metals such as lead and mercury, and polychlorinated biphenyls, dioxins, solvents which are in fairly large quantities ingested by the inhabitants of the regions with poor environment).
- Organize your diet so as to lose no more than 0.5-0.7 kg per week, and in any case, do not consume fewer calories than you need.
- A woman who cares for a newborn can be difficult to find time to eat. But skip meals can not in any case - First, it would lead to a decline in strength, and secondly, it is likely that you will then not be able to contain and "compensate" his attack is gluttony.
- To lose weight, you do not need to eat less. On the contrary, there should be more frequently (5-6 times per day) in small portions.
- Do not skip breakfast, even before pregnancy, you almost did not eat in the morning. The first meal determine how metabolism works
Improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting
throughout the day. If full breakfast, and the metabolism will run "at full speed", and this means more rapid and efficient digestion and active fat burning.
- Include in your diet low-fat dairy products, legumes, whole grains, fish and lean meat. Eat as many fruits and vegetables - fresh, cooked, stewed, baked, grilled. Avoid trans fats - they are especially a lot of fried foods, chips, cookies, and simple carbohydrates, which are rich in white rice, pasta, chocolate bars, biscuits, cakes and other high-calorie treats.
How to lose weight using the Okinawan diet: the nuances in the diet
April 13, 2012
Recently, there are many conversations about the Okinawan diet. Named after the Japanese island, which is known for the high number of people who live to 100 years or more, while maintaining excellent health, this diet focuses poluvegetarianskoy diet, regular exercise
Myths about exercise: do not believe
As well as a healthy lifestyle. The level of cardiovascular disease, stroke and cancer in Okinawa is the lowest in the world, as seen in menopausal women a decade later than in the West. In 30% of their dietary intake of fat and salt minimized. Soy products, fresh vegetables, fish and an active lifestyle are the main principles of the Okinawan diet, while the level of stress
How to beat stress? Create an oasis
and alcohol consumption remains low.
Lose weight on the Okinawan diet
- Spend 30 minutes alone each day to relax and relieve stress. Take a nap, listen to soothing music or just relax. Many people overeat when they are tense or worried. Daily timeout can break this cycle.
- Drink at least six glasses of water daily. This will help you feel full and keep the small portion sizes, increasing weight loss.
- Control your salt intake. Okinawans seldom consume more than three teaspoons of salt / sodium a day. Avoid adding extra salt when cooking and limit its use at the table.
- Under this plan, the ratio of your daily diet should be as follows: Sweets: 0 to 3 servings / Meat, poultry and eggs from 0 to 3 servings / Vegetable oils and condiments: 1 to 2 tablespoons / Oily fish, such as sardines, tuna, mackerel and salmon: from 1 to 3 servings / fruits, soy products, legumes, tea: 2 to 4 servings / Vegetables, rice, noodles, bread, whole grain, from 7 to 13 servings
Follow the Okinawan principle Hara Hachi Bu - eat until sated by 80%!
Japanese weight loss secrets
As a result of a study conducted to determine the group of people with the highest life expectancy, it was found that residents of the Japanese island of Okinawa have the highest life expectancy in the world. The main reasons were named their diet and their relationship to food. Their mean body mass index (BMI) of 21, 5, i.e. within the lower normal limit, far below the average BMI of 28 in the United States. The Japanese diet can tell us a lot about weight loss and its maintenance.
The Japanese eat a lot of fish, which, along with soy is one of the main sources of protein in their diets. Fish and soy filled with nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids and isoflavones, and are low in calories and fat, while having a high content of protein. The Japanese traditionally eat very little meat and poultry, and only a small amount of protein a day. Only 10 percent of their daily calorie protein is, in contrast to 25 to 35 percent of the daily caloric intake of the average American.
Fruits and vegetables make up the bulk of the Japanese diet
The Japanese diet - not too much salt?
With an emphasis on diversity and color. They are used in food all five colors of fruits and vegetables: red, green, yellow, white and blue / purple. This fact can easily bring their daily number of servings of fruits and vegetables to nine per day, nutritionists approve of. Since these products contain little fat and calories can be eaten to satiety and thus lose weight.
The Japanese eat a variety of foods in small portions. They also use chopsticks to help eat food slowly, giving the body more time to feel satiety. Hara hachi bu, or eating until sated by 80 percent - a common practice in Japan, which helps control portion size and calories.
Cooking and meal
In Japan, used a simple cooking methods such as steaming, stir-frying, pan-grill and boil over low heat, making food less fatty and high-calorie, but also helps to retain nutrients in food. Soups based on broth served at the start of each meal that has been displayed in the studies, it helps reduce the total amount of consumed calories in food and to accelerate the feeling of satiety.
Daily exercise is an integral part of the Japanese way of life. People in Japan usually go on foot or ride a bike. In fact, the program is 10,000 steps a day, it has become popular more than forty years ago. Make exercise a regular part of your day, it is easy to find 30 minutes a day recommended by doctors exercise needed as part of a healthy lifestyle. It should add a little more time on strength training exercise, then weight loss will be even faster.