- Inflammation of the bladder - inconvenient and unpleasant
- Folk remedies
Bladder infection or cystitis - is infectious inflammation of the bladder wall, it is localized in the mucosa. When inflammation of the bladder is also possible inflammation of the urethra, as the infection of the urinary tract, and without it. The causative agent of infectious cystitis are bacteria: E. coli, staphylococcus, streptococcus, enterococcus, Trichomonas vaginalis, Chlamydia
Chlamydia: insidious and widespread disease
, Mycoplasma, mycobacterium tuberculosis, gonorrhea (gonorrhea) and pale treponema (spirochete). If the bladder is healthy, not in the urinary tract bacteria.
However, bacteria can enter the bladder, most often through the urethra, and, in rare cases with the blood.
Cystitis suffer equally men and women; male bladder inflammation may lead to an increase in prostate cancer. Women, especially young girls, the cause of the inflammation may be personal care products, as well as soap, shower gel and bath foam. Women are more susceptible to this disease than men. At risk are diabetics, people suffering from kidney disease, the elderly and people living with HIV and AIDS.
Inflammation of the bladder - a serious condition that requires immediate treatment. In most cases, cystitis
Cystitis: urgently take action
It takes quite painful, delivering significant discomfort.
In the absence of timely treatment may be complications such as renal failure, pyelonephritis and sepsis. Some women abandoned cystitis can cause a variety of problems during pregnancy, including low birth weight and premature birth. Therefore, it is important as soon as possible to see a doctor, found himself the signs of inflammation of the bladder.
Why there is inflammation of the bladder
For the urinary system are the kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. All these bodies play a role in removing waste products from the body. Renal function - filtering wastes in the blood and regulate the concentration of various substances. By ureters move urine from the kidneys to the bladder, which accumulates until eliminated from the body through the urethra.
The cause of inflammation of the bladder can be an infection, damage to the inner lining of the bladder an acute urinary stone, chemicals, with thermal and chemical burns.
Infectious cystitis occurs when the bacteria enter the body from the outside through the urinary tract and urethra and begin to actively proliferate.
The urinary system is designed to protect the body from these "invaders". The bladder secrete a substance that prevents bacteria and their attachment to its walls. Urine also has antibacterial properties that inhibit the growth of bacteria. However, certain factors increase the risk of getting bacteria in the urinary system and the development of a full-fledged infection.
Bacterial infections of the urinary bladder in women may be a result of unprotected sexual intercourse. During sexual activity, bacteria can get into the bladder through the urethra. Infections of the lower urinary tract vulnerable to even women who are not sexually active, since female genitalia are often "home" for the bacteria, pathogens of cystitis.
In most cases, the agent is cystitis Escherichia coli (E.coli). New strain of E.coli, resistance to antibiotics, causes severe inflammation of the bladder in women
Inflammation of the bladder in women: frequent phenomenon
That is difficult to treat.
The main types of infections
There are two main types of bacterial infections of the bladder:
- Community-acquired (community-acquired) infections of the bladder. These infections occur in the domestic environment. Most often the victims of community-acquired bladder infections are women aged 20 - 50 years for men in this age, this type of infection are less common. However, in men older than 55 years are possible community-acquired bladder infections because of the increase in the size of the prostate.
- Hospital (hospital) infections of the bladder. These infections occur in a hospital setting, especially in men who have concluded urine through the catheter. This is a common practice before elective surgery and diagnostic procedures.
Bladder Inflammation may cause one or more of the following symptoms:
- Frequent urination, which can start almost immediately after emptying the bladder;
- Pain or burning during urination (if it is the only symptom, the inflammation is likely to affect only the urethra and bladder were not affected);
- Discomfort and pressure in the lower abdomen. Sometimes there is also bloating;
- Pain in the pelvis and / or in the back;
- Urine with a strong odor, turbid and / or contain traces of blood;
- Increase in body temperature is usually negligible.
If the bladder infection spreads to other organs of the urinary system, including the kidneys, can cause such symptoms:
- Frequent urination at night;
- Fever is usually maintained for a period of two days or more;
- Lower back pain;
- Nausea and vomiting.
- These symptoms can persist for more than one week.
Symptoms of bladder infections in children
Inflammation of the bladder in children may be a more serious disease than younger women, since it is more likely to affect the kidneys (the younger the child, the greater the probability). Children should be checked for inflammation of the bladder when you have these symptoms:
- Persistent high fever, the cause of which is unclear, especially if it is accompanied by problems with feeding, weakness and lethargy;
- Frequent painful urination, sometimes - strong odor of urine (in most cases, however, children's urine in inflammation of the bladder does not have such a strong smell that on it it was possible to determine the presence of inflammation - this requires specialist advice);
- Bedwetting or weakening of control over urination during the day for children who have previously successfully to control urination;
- Abdominal pain and / or in the back;
- Turbid urine (when urine transparent symptoms available in the baby is likely to be caused by other disorders);
- Vomiting and stomach pain
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
(most often found in infants).
Symptoms of inflammation of the bladder in the elderly
Older people may lack the classic symptoms of inflammation of the bladder - pain in the abdomen and back, frequent urination, and so on. Sometimes older people do not notice them, since these symptoms may be present in them, and to the onset of inflammation due to various conditions associated with aging.
Inflammation of the bladder in the elderly can cause symptoms associated with changes in mental activity, such as the creation of confusion. It may be accompanied by nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, cough, and / or shortness of breath. Comorbidities may cause additional symptoms, making the picture confusing disease, and making it difficult to diagnose.