Abdominal pain during pregnancy: what can be called - Other causes
July 2, 2012
- Abdominal pain during pregnancy: what can be called
- Other reasons
Other causes abdominal pain during pregnancy
The cause of abdominal pain may be other disorders and diseases not related to pregnancy. Most often it is a viral infection, food poisoning
Food poisoning: how to avoid becoming a victim of its own stomach
, Appendicitis, passing kidney stones, hepatitis
Hepatitis - the scourge of our time
Gap cysts, cholelithiasis, and pancreatitis. And cholelithiasis, and pancreatitis are due to the formation of gallstones, which often occurs during pregnancy. Often the cause of the pain can be intestinal obstruction caused by the pressure of the growing uterus on embryonic intestinal tissue. This occurs most often in the third trimester of pregnancy. Also during pregnancy can occur cysts rupture, causing sudden severe pain in the abdomen.
The most common causes of abdominal pain that do not require medical attention
It is not always the pain and discomfort in the abdomen is a cause for concern for pregnant women. For example, for the mother is normal to feel abdominal cramps before or immediately after orgasm. But if seizures are brief and do not cause much inconvenience, nothing to worry about.
- Flatulence and bloating - a common problem for pregnant women, because of the hormones is disturbed digestion, and the enlarged uterus presses on the stomach and intestines.
- Constipation - another reason for lower abdominal pain in pregnant women, caused by hormones again: because of the hormones moving food through the intestinal tract slows. In addition, the enlarged uterus presses on the rectum, preventing normal chair.
- The stretching of round ligaments causing short sharp (cutting), or dull aching pain on one or both sides of the abdomen. As a rule, the round ligament sprain occurs in the second trimester when the uterus supporting ligament stretches and thickens, adapting to an increase in uterine
The increase in the uterus - when the rate goes into pathology
. This woman also feels sudden pain that make sudden movements, for example, rising from a sitting position, coughing, turning over in bed, or selected from a bath. If after resting pain does not stop, you should consult your doctor.
- Spasms Braxton-Hicks (training bout) in the second half of pregnancy, many women have cramping abdominal pain - contractions of the uterus, called Braxton Hicks contractions. They do not have regular intervals and cause dilation of the cervix. Braxton Hicks contractions can cause intrauterine fetal movement or accidental contact with a pregnant stomach. And that's fine, but if the pain does not subside (four episodes of fights per hour), and anxiety intensified, should inform the obstetrician-gynecologist.
How can eliminate abdominal pains
These tips will help eliminate discomfort and pain in the abdomen
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
Arising from the natural flow of pregnancy:
- Walk or do some light exercise - this will help remove the pain caused by an accumulation of gas.
- Take a warm (but not hot) bath or shower, or put on your stomach a warm heating pad wrapped in a towel.
- Feeling the pain, bend so that the discomfort has disappeared.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Dehydration can cause Braxton Hicks contractions.
- If the pain caused by the Braxton Hicks contractions, lie down for a while and try to relax. Rest will help to focus and identify the symptoms.
- abdominal pain in pregnancy
Sinusitis in pregnancy - what it should be done - during lactation
March 20, 2013
- Sinusitis in pregnancy - what should be done
- When lactation
Treatment of sinusitis during lactation - how to avoid the possible negative consequences
Often during the postpartum women there is an exacerbation of existing chronic diseases, including sinusitis. Inflammation may also develop acute, causing the development of symptoms of intoxication. If a woman is breastfeeding, the treatment of sinusitis during lactation should provide in the first place in terms of the safety of a possible negative impact on infant
Baby man, though with a little finger
Is it permissible to use this period of antimicrobials
If there is the need for the appointment in the sinus during lactation
Breast-feeding: feed - and no nails!
antibacterial agents, in order to reduce the risk of complications of therapy is recommended to give preference to local forms of drugs. In the pharmaceutical market can find drugs that are used in the form of aerosols, with the total effect does not occur on an organism, they do not come into breast milk.
These topical preparations that can be used for medicinal purposes in the sinus, is "Bioparox." This antibiotic, which has local anti-inflammatory action, is active against a large number of strains of microorganisms:
- fungal flora
- Some species of anaerobic flora
It has demonstrated activity against mycoplasma infection pathogens and other microbial strains. The drug is not absorbed from mucous does not enter the bloodstream and therefore can be successfully applied nursing women. To use the aerosol packaging is a special tool, via which the active substance enters the nostril. During inhalation enter the nozzle into the nostril, while close the opposite nostril and push the cartridge during inspiration. The duration of treatment should not exceed ten days. If there is no clinical recovery during this period of time, it is necessary to resolve the question of changing the method of treatment.
Which treatment is most favorable
The choice of treatment of sinusitis during breastfeeding is primarily determined by the clinical picture of the disease, it should be borne in mind that this method must be safe in terms of the impact on the child. First, we should restore the drainage function, that is to create conditions for the outflow of the contents. If the swelling of the mucous is pronounced, it will discharge hole closing sinuses, resulting in pus will accumulate. In order to reduce the severity of edema prescribe various vasoconstrictor nose drops
Vasoconstrictor nose drops - use with caution!
. For breastfeeding women can not use most of the known drugs, is therefore recommended to apply a drop of children. It is important to observe the necessary condition - droplets can not be used for a long time, quite a five-day course of treatment.
If sinusitis occurs in a complicated form, it can be a question of carrying out a sinus puncture. Good effect have various means of traditional medicine. It is recommended to drink herbal tea of raspberry, lime. They have anti-inflammatory properties, as well as eliminate the effects of intoxication in acute sinusitis. You can also do inhalations with propolis, potatoes, pine buds. In lactating women need to prevent the development of allergic reactions in the child, so in the case of individual intolerance of the product (eg, raspberries, honey) it is better not to use. In an infant this may cause diathesis
Diathesis in children - an integrated approach