Using teats or pacifiers: Timely failure
January 11, 2012
The decision to use a pacifier or not, and how long to use it, is totally dependent on adults. In this regard, there are different opinions as that of parents and doctors. On the pros and cons of pacifiers has been said a lot. What are the features of their use at different ages?
Sucking movements are very important for the newborn. This process calms them, he sucks his chest, finger or pacifier. One of the benefits of using dummies that her child is more likely to fall asleep in his bed, than you have on hand.
No need to feel guilty if you give your child a pacifier. You have every right to make that choice. Eventually, with the help of a child can not stop crying and calm down in a doctor's office where strangers in white coats scare him.
Many children up to three to five months, do not realize that you can suck his own fingers on if they did so while in the womb. If they do not give the nipple, they eventually will understand how to use fingers. Wean the child from this will not be easy, because the pacifier in a pinch, you can just pick up, but with the fingers is much more difficult ...
- Use of pacifiers reduces the risk of sudden infant death syndrome
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome - the cause has not yet been found
- Try a day or two to lay baby to sleep without a pacifier, but be sure to give him her when necessary.
- Using a pacifier, you can reduce the frequency of night feedings, but gradually the need for them will disappear altogether. Before the night to feed him, offer him a pacifier. If that is not enough, so he woke just need to suck, not hunger.
- Never smear on nipple anything sweet that improve its taste.
- Never force a child to take a pacifier if he does not want.
If you want your child refused to pacifiers, before it becomes a strong habit, start to gradually reduce its use when he was three or four months.
Four to twelve months
At this age, many children are still very strong need to suck, and thus they can be much easier to put to bed, giving them a pacifier.
The habit of falling asleep with a pacifier in his mouth begins to form at the age of four or five months, so if you do not want your child to get used to, start to give him a pacifier less often.
- If a baby cries at night, before giving a pacifier, give him time to calm down, he tried alone. Exactly how much time to give, depending on age. For four months the baby will be enough ten minutes. Look at his watch - ten minutes of loud crying in the night may seem like a whole hour.
- When a child falls asleep, remove the pacifier from his mouth, he was not used to sleeping only with her.
- Give your child a pacifier only when he lies in bed.
- From time to time, put your baby to sleep without a pacifier. It may be that the habit is not as strong as you thought, and after ten minutes of crying baby fall asleep fine.
- If you are going to continue to use pacifiers, keep them next to the crib, the child did not use them when awake.
Advice for those who want to wean a child from pacifier:
- Replace the dummy beautiful blanket, a pillow or a toy.
- Just stop giving your child a pacifier at bedtime and calms it in other ways - sing lullabies
Lullabies: universal hypnotic
, Tell tales and so on.
- Do the tip of the nipple in a small hole. Within a week, gradually expand the hole. Sucking a pacifier will be less pleasant and probably the child of her own refuse.
Children older than one year
If your child used a pacifier from birth, the habit of falling asleep with her had already fully formed.
- No need to overnight again to give him a pacifier if he lost it. Any child older than nine months can learn to do it yourself.
- If the child sleeps with the lights on, it will be easier to find the pacifier.
- To avoid possible damage to the teeth, it is recommended to stop using pacifiers before the child turns two years.
To the child refused Dummy:
- Start with the recommendations already mentioned, for example, let alone a pacifier at bedtime
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
and take her away when the child goes to sleep, and so on.
- If your child is more than two years, you can tell him about the "fairy pacifiers," which picks up pacifiers and gives them a new children. Instead, the fairy may leave a small toy or something else that will delight your child.
- If the child is more than three years, begin to reward him every time he would be able to sleep without pacifiers.
- Do not buy new soothers and try to get the child did not see them in stores or pharmacies.
Crisis Born to come into this world hard
November 11, 2011
The crisis that is going through the first everyone - it is a crisis of birth. For nine months the fetus was one with his mother, but the day has come and it is born, the umbilical cord and the baby crossed perceived by others as an individual. No one remembers what he experienced in the first days of its existence. Psychiatrists, plunging people into hypnotic sleep
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
Receive information about the beginning of human life - a frightening mixture of sounds and pictures. This is really critical period is often called the crisis of birth.
What is a crisis of birth
The crisis of birth - a state of transition from a fetal to extrauterine life
. This is the biggest upheaval in human life: the transition from darkness to light, from the constant heat in the cold with temperature changes from passive consumption of nutrients through the umbilical cord blood, the active sucking, from the close comfort, accompanied by the soft sounds of rumbling mother's intestines or heart - to space, filled with unfamiliar and often unpleasantly loud sounds
. This is not a gradual transition and a catastrophic
. Instantly, with the first cry and breath, straighten out the baby's lungs, it begins to breathe, begin to function circulation and reducing his heart begin to move them blood
. Instinct makes the child's limbs pressed to his stomach, reducing heat transfer, while moving to the mother's breast, the smell of milk in search of food
. Experimentally proved that a newborn child can crawl up to a meter, always moving toward the heat and the smell of the mother
Medical and psychological characteristics of the crisis of birth
Newborn baby without a mother nature can not survive today, of course, the role of the mother can perform any adult, trained child care, but the mother plays a key role in the successful overcoming of the crisis was born.
The newborn has a few dozen innate reflexes to help him adapt to the environment, such as sucking and swallowing reflex.
If you hold your finger on the cheek, the baby first days of life there and then starts to turn his head to the side and open his mouth, searching for the mother's breast. If you put a child of the same age in the water - it will float. Adaptation abilities of the newborn are very large. Some people of the north decided to bathe the child after birth in the snow - it is believed that it helps him to be healthy.
On the other hand, the Bedouin tribes living in the desert, bathed newborns in the urine of animals for the same reason. Coming into this world, the child is adapting to the conditions in which the falls.
How to help your child survive the crisis of birth
Born child is completely dependent on adults, without which it is doomed to destruction. And it is in their will to make the crisis of birth is not so painful for the child. To do this, not so much:
- Calm and confident mother. The woman in the last months of pregnancy should clearly know that she is loved, and the house has everything you need for her and the child. She must know where the maternity ward and when to come back.
- During labor, a woman should be surrounded only by the goodwill of the people. The room temperature should be comfortable. Debated arguments about the dangers of spinal anesthesia for the child is not found scientific evidence, but the woman at the same time more calm, so you can at this stage to believe that the use of it more than harm.
- Immediately after the birth of a child must be in the mother's body and immediately attached to the mother's breast - it helps to more quickly adapt to the child and experience the friendliness of the world.
- Separation of mother and child, even short-term - is unacceptable! The child must always feel the warmth of the mother to be able to immediately satisfy your hunger and to feel safe.
They say that the crisis comes to an end with the birth of the first child's smile. Let the smile appears much earlier in the faces of the new inhabitants of our planet.