Many people are allergic to animals. People with a hereditary hypersensitivity (atopy) contact with allergens contained in the saliva, dander
Dandruff: where it comes from, and what to do
(skin particles) or the urine can cause allergic reactions. As a rule, are allergic to dogs, cats and horses caused by a heightened sensitivity to the protein contained in saliva and animal dander, and allergic to rabbits, hamsters and guinea pigs caused by a heightened sensitivity to the protein in the urine
The protein in the urine - a sign of danger, which should not be underestimated
Causes of allergies to animals
The proteins contained in the dander, saliva or urine of domestic animals, cause an allergic reaction when contact with the eyes and the respiratory tract. Animal allergens can lead to allergic rhinitis
Rhinitis: a runny nose - is quite serious
, Asthma, atopic dermatitis or urticaria. The most common allergy is allergic to cats and dogs, but can be an allergic reaction to rats, mice, guinea pigs, hamsters, parrots, horses, cows or poultry.
Animal allergens are proteins, which are in contact with the skin or in the airways cause an allergic reaction that stimulate the release of histamine into the bloodstream. Histamine causes swelling and irritation of the upper respiratory tract and the characteristic symptoms of allergies. Predisposition to allergic reactions is often genetic.
Dandruff and saliva of pets
If an allergic reaction to pet, a person can not be around pets - dogs, cats, guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, and other animals with fur - otherwise he having symptoms such as sneezing, nasal congestion, itchy eyes, and asthma.
Contrary to popular belief, allergic reactions are not caused by animal fur of animals.
- An allergic reaction is actually caused by the substances contained in the saliva of the animal, its urine, and especially in dandruff.
- Substance-allergens form a crust on the fur of the animal, which they get from the saliva when the animals are washed after defecate, licking or scratching. Vysohnuv allergens into the air, which are connected to other components of house dust.
Many small animals, which are taken to keep the house, cause allergic reactions.
- The most common allergy causing dogs and cats.
- Birds can also cause allergies, but less frequently than other animals.
- Fish, reptiles and amphibians can also cause allergies.
Allergic reactions may provoke the following actions:
- Touching the animal.
- Staying in the same room with animals.
- Stay in the room with furniture, carpets, bedding, curtains, cupboards, cells which were animal allergens.
- Cleaning the cells, cleaning trays and Recreation animals.
- Touching the toys and other things of the animal.
Symptoms of allergies to animals
If inhaled allergens pets may experience the following reactions:
- hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis), characterized by sneezing, runny nose and nasal congestion.
- itching and burning in the eyes, watery eyes;
- Asthma, characterized by coughing and wheezing;
- Eczema in children, characterized by itching and redness of the skin;
- urticaria, characterized by itchy reddish rash on the skin.
Exacerbation of symptoms of allergy
- The polluted air, tobacco smoke and car exhaust contribute to the development of asthma.
- The presence of any other environmental allergens (e.g. pollen).
Diagnosis of allergy to animals
Often the doctor enough to know when and where the patient has developed symptoms. To confirm the diagnosis makes skin allergy tests and a blood test.
Changing your lifestyle if you are allergic to animals
If you notice at the symptoms of allergies, you should avoid situations that provoke their appearance, and, of course, allergens if they are known. It is desirable to have in your home:
- I had pets;
- It was a minimum of furniture, carpets and other no-frills;
- walls, floors and wooden surfaces are kept clean. The floor must be polished. If you need to regularly clean the walls, woodwork and floors.
- used sheets and blankets that can be washed regularly, for example, cotton sheets, washable mattresses and synthetic blankets and pillows. Do not use wool or cotton blankets.
- only plastic or wooden chairs, armchairs instead.
- Use plastic curtains (if possible). Vacuum them every day.
- regularly (at least twice a week) is dry cleaning. If possible, use a vacuum cleaner without the dust bag.
- there were no objects on which dust accumulates: stuffed toys, pillows, dried flowers, trinkets and so on.
Complications allergy animal
- Increased susceptibility to other diseases of the respiratory tract.
- Ear infections.
- Sleep disorders
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
- Exacerbation of asthma, increased risk of severe asthma attacks.
Prevention of allergies to animals
- If you suffer from a severe allergy to a pet, you'll probably still have to give it in good hands. You have to take this difficult decision, otherwise your life will sooner or later turn into a living hell.
- Carefully remove the animal and clean the litter at least once a week to get rid of dandruff and hair of the animal.
- Regularly wash the bleach place where you would normally sit your pet.
- Set home HEPA filter for air - it is well captures allergens.
- Try to keep the house "exclusion zone", which never and under no circumstances can penetrate a cat or a dog.
- Nabroste all mattresses, bedspreads, pillowcases and blankets to protect against dust covers. Wash them regularly to avoid accumulation of allergens.
- Choose as simple decorations and curtains, which will not accumulate dust and animal dander. Do not forget to clean them regularly. When caring for your pet, wear a mask.
- Do not allow animals to get into your bed or climb on furniture. As far as possible, avoid physical contact with a dog or cat.
- Do not buy carpets and coverings that hold the hair and dander, replace them with rugs, which are easy to clean.
- At least twice a week, make a cleaning of the apartment or house with a vacuum cleaner with a special filter, trapping allergens.
- Every week, bathe your pet and wash it a good shampoo. We need to take care of him every day.