Validol is the drug of choice for cardioneurosis - pain in the heart, occurring against the backdrop of nervous disorders. Often it is taken with nitroglycerin during strokes, and also as a sedative with nervousness. It will validol and seasickness. However, an overdose of this drug is undesirable.
What is the danger of overdose validol
Validol - a reflex action of the drug. When taken under the tongue, he is active in the cold receptors located in the oral mucosa. This causes a reflex release into the blood of some biologically active substances - histamine, kinins, endorphins and enkephalins.
Endorphins and enkephalins is difficult to overdose - a morphine substances (endogenous opiates), which have a slight analgesic, vasodilatory effects and improves mood. Allocated endogenous opiates in small quantities and when taking an overdose of validol can not be.
But validol overdose may be followed by the release into the blood of a large number of histamine. Histamine - a biologically active substance which is produced in allergic reactions. It can provoke an allergic reaction not only to Validolum, but also to any other substances, including the drug.
Validol Overdose can lead to elevated blood content of kinins. Together with histamine, endorphins and enkephalins kinins dilate blood vessels. At low or labile (changeable) arterial pressure this can lead to a sharp decrease.
Furthermore, kinins cause irritation and light stimulation of the exocrine glands - lacrimal, salivary, gastric mucosa. This gives rise to lacrimation, hypersalivation, nausea and sometimes vomiting.
On the central nervous system (CNS) validol has an inhibiting effect and an overdose can cause CNS depression, including the vital centers - the respiratory and cardiovascular activity. After absorption into the blood validol enters the various tissues, and then metabolized by the liver and excreted in the urine as glucuronides.
Symptoms of overdose
Validol overdose is extremely rare, as it is non-toxic drug. However, do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Validol usually prescribed for one - two tablets two or three times a day, the maximum daily dose - 6 tablets of 50 mg. When you receive more validol possible overdose.
Overdose validol often manifested as nausea, vomiting, watery eyes, and hypersalivation
Increased salivation - deviation from the norm
- Effects caused by kinins. In addition, the characteristic signs of low blood pressure - headache and dizziness
Dizziness - if the ground is slipping from under his feet
Sometimes, especially with a sharp transition from horizontal to vertical, possible loss of consciousness.
In overdose possible validol oppression CNS, including those located in the medulla oblongata respiratory and circulatory centers. In adults, these disorders is not seen, but the children, especially small validol
Validol - old, but reliable
it is not necessary to give - menthol can cause them to respiratory disorders.
Overdosing validola can be accompanied by allergic reactions (result of histamine released into the blood), as Validolum itself or any other material. Allergies often in the form of urticaria and angioedema - growing and merging maculopapular rash, swelling passing into the subcutaneous tissue, a spectacular area of the larynx and accompanied by respiratory disorders.
What if I overdose
No specific antidote. If you suspect an overdose validol patient should wash the stomach and take any antihistamine - suprastin, tavegil, Claritin
Claritin - histamine receptor blocker
and so on. If after that the patient's condition does not improve, you need to call an ambulance: the patient may require inpatient care.
As validol interacts with other drugs
With most drugs validol blends. But at the same time it is undesirable to use with medications, have a depressing effect on the central nervous system.
Very good validol combined with nitroglycerin - vasodilator effects of the latter is enhanced and prolonged. Can also enhances the effect of drugs, lowers blood pressure.
Validol - this drug has no toxic effects on the body, so it is an overdose is extremely rare. Yet taking it in large quantities is not recommended.