Femoden - not only prevents but also treats
January 28, 2010
Oral contraceptives or hormone pills to prevent unwanted pregnancies have become part of our lives. Their regular intake not only prevents pregnancy, but also regulates the menstrual cycle, it reduces the pain and heavy bleeding, treat premenstrual syndrome.
Hormonal contraceptive Femoden
Femoden - Low-dose combined (contains two hormonal agents) monophasic (ie containing all the same dosage tablets packaging drugs) Oral (Oral) contraceptive.
The mechanism of action Femoden due to its constituent hormones:
- ethinylestradiol (synthetic analog of female hormone estrogen, particularly estradiol); a large amount of estrogen inhibits the production of pituitary hormones, which actively contribute to the maturation of the egg in the ovary and ovulation (release of an egg from the ovary for fertilization);
- gestodene (a synthetic analogue of the female hormone progesterone, superior strength and selectivity of action not only progesterone
Progesterone - norm and pathology
But all its known synthetic analogues); gestodene inhibits oocyte maturation and ovulation
Ovulation - How to determine as accurately as possible?
Reduces the susceptibility of the uterine mucosa for the introduction of a fertilized egg, increases the viscosity of the mucus, located in the cervix, which prevents the penetration of sperm into the uterus; High activity gestodene can be used in low dosages in which it does not exhibit androgenic (caused by the influence of male sex hormones, such as hairiness of male type) properties and has practically no effect on the lipid and carbohydrate exchanges.
When taken regularly Femoden and has a therapeutic effect, normalizing menstrual cycle and contributing to the prevention of a number of gynecological diseases, including tumors. Regular intake Femoden not affect the future fertility of women (pregnancy occurs after stopping treatment), as well as the health of the unborn child.
Indications for admission
Assigns Femoden obstetrician-gynecologist after a thorough examination of women. The indication for its reception is to prevent pregnancy and functional (without disturbing the structure of the body), uterine bleeding.
Take Femoden daily at the same hours on a tablet for three weeks, then take a week break, which causes rejection endometrium and bleeding, and then begin taking pills from a new package. At reception you can not miss a single day - this is a very important condition, which ensures the effectiveness of the drug.
In the first two weeks of Femoden it recommended to additionally use other methods of contraception (eg, condom or barrier), since the effect of the drug is completely towards the end of the second week of admission. If the first three weeks of spotting appeared, it is not an indication for discontinuation of the drug, but if bleeding is severe, you should consult your doctor. To the doctor should contact in the event that three weeks after the cessation of taking the pills did not begin bleeding.
Contraindications Femoden are:
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- failure of the liver against the backdrop of serious diseases, including congenital; jaundice of unknown origin or pruritus during a previous pregnancy;
- thrombosis (blood clots) and embolism (blockage of blood vessels to tear thrombus);
- severe diseases of the cardiovascular system (cerebrovascular accident, including stroke, coronary heart disease, hypertension, atherosclerosis, heart disease, myocarditis);
- diabetes with vascular changes;
- some types of anemia;
- cancer of the breast, uterus and cervix;
- lipid metabolism disorders, including obesity;
- otosclerosis (hearing loss) with hearing impairment during pregnancy;
- inflammatory diseases of the internal female reproductive organs;
- tendency to uterine bleeding;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- age over 35 years;
- Smoking - smoking women taking hormonal contraceptives may develop a variety of vascular complications - heart attack, stroke, etc., the risk increases with age and depends on the number of cigarettes smoked.
Side effects that may occur while taking Femoden
When receiving Femoden may experience some side effects:
- on the part of the gastrointestinal tract: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
, Jaundice, benign tumors of the liver;
- hormonal disorders: breast tenderness, weight gain, change in sexual desire, uterine bleeding;
- Central nervous system: headache, depression
Depression - a little more than a bad mood
- on the part of the cardiovascular system: blockage and inflammation of the veins, blood clots and blockage of the separation of blood vessels;
- From the senses: blurred vision, hearing loss;
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, swelling of the eyelids, conjunctivitis, poor tolerance of contact lenses;
- with the skin: the appearance of age spots (chloasma) on the skin.
Admission Femoden should be stopped immediately if abdominal veins, pain in the legs, pain in the chest when breathing or coughing, very severe headache, sudden hearing, vision, or sensitivity of the movements. Admission Femoden must also stop for 1, 5 months before the planned surgery.
Pharmatex - does not affect hormones
August 17, 2008
Pharmatex - a vaginal contraceptive device that is both spermicidal and has an antiseptic effect. The active ingredient is benzalkonium chloride.
Farmateks produced in the form of vaginal tablets, suppositories, ointments and tampons
How to use sanitary pad - basic precautions
. They need to be inserted into the vagina before intercourse. Medicine damages or kills the sperm entering the vagina, thereby preventing unwanted pregnancies. With proper use of the drug active spermatozoa do not penetrate into the uterus and fallopian tubes, where fertilization can occur. Thanks antiseptics farmateks theoretically may protect against certain sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
In laboratory studies have shown that it can fight the bacteria that cause gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia and genital herpes. However, it will not protect you from a lot more dangerous STDs such as syphilis
Syphilis - punishment of Venus
and HIV. If you are not sure about the health of your partner, it is strongly recommended to use barrier methods of contraception. Reliability Farmateksa as a means of protection against unwanted pregnancy is relatively low, especially compared with contraceptives such as hormonal pills and intrauterine devices. Therefore it is recommended to use them in conjunction with additional means to prevent pregnancy.
Pharmatex no negative effect on the microflora of the vagina and the hormones.
It is used for local protection after childbirth, lactation, after abortion, as well as irregular sexual life, as a replacement for hormonal contraceptives.
The forms of the drug
Available in the following dosage forms:
- vaginal capsules; 18 bezalkoniya chloride, 9 mg;
- vaginal cream; bezalkoniya chloride, 1, 2%;
- vaginal cream; bezalkoniya chloride 54 mg;
- vaginal suppositories
Vaginal suppositories - for contraception and treatment of inflammation
; 18 bezalkoniya chloride, 9 mg;
- vaginal tablets; bezalkoniya chloride 20 mg;
- vaginal swabs; bezalkoniya chloride 60 mg.
Contraindications and precautions
Pharmatex can not be used in women with hypersensitivity to benzalkonium chloride. If you start after the drug irritation of the vagina and / or allergic reaction to the partner, should abandon the drug. If symptoms persist for a few days, consult your doctor. If, after using Farmateksa you or your partner will any other unusual symptoms should also consult with a specialist.
If you are taking any medications, including non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, and herbal products before taking Farmateksa strongly recommended to consult a doctor or pharmacist. Some drugs may weaken the effect of Farmateksa. Furthermore, it should be borne in mind that soap and other anionic surfactants reduce the activity of spermicides. Before re-intercourse, as well as after bath and shower, use a new dose Farmateksa.
Interaction with Drug
Any drug administered vaginally, can inactivate the local spermicidal action Farmateksa. Soap and soap solution neutralized with spermicidal action of benzalkonium chloride.
Pharmatex significantly reduces the risk of pregnancy, but does not eliminate it completely (about 75%), which is why it is recommended to use in conjunction with other methods of contraception, calendar, or barrier.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Any adverse effects associated with the use of the drug during pregnancy was found. Examination teratogenic properties of the final product gave negative results as well as the examination of the teratogenicity of the active substance. In addition, studies have shown that the benzalkonium chloride is not absorbed into the bloodstream.
Since it was proved the absence of penetration of the active substance in the blood and breast milk, the use of a spermicide lactation
Breast-feeding: feed - and no nails!
It poses no danger.
Keep farmateks should be at room temperature in a dry, dark place, away from children and pets.