Criminal abortion: issues relevant at all times
March 24, 2011
- Criminal abortion: issues relevant at all times
- Responsibility and punishment
- The immediate impact exerted on the uterus
Every year 1, 2 million Russian women deliberately interrupt the pregnancy, and thirty thousand of them become infertile. Many of these women become infertile as a result of illegal abortions, the number of which is about one hundred and eighty thousand.
When can an abortion
Russian law permits abortion up to the tenth week of pregnancy. If the expectant mother is sick with tuberculosis
Tuberculosis - a full recovery is not guaranteed
or suffering from a mental disorder, it can terminate a pregnancy for more than twelve weeks.
There are also a number of social factors that allow a woman to have an abortion up to the twenty-second week of pregnancy. Such factors include rape, imprisonment, poverty, death or severe disability of the husband.
But, despite this, unsafe abortions take place in the Russian everywhere - according to unofficial estimates of the number of ten to fifteen percent of the total, or about one hundred and eighty cases of abortion.
Twenty-five percent of deaths among pregnant women are the result of the commission of illegal abortions, but studies show that in 2009, only twenty-eight cases of abortion were disclosed. In 2007 such cases were twenty-seven. And during those two years, at least ten cases of illegal abortions reached the court.
According to RIA Novosti, the average cost of an abortion on gestational age twelve or more weeks in a clinic in Moscow is 500-850 dollars.
Some clinics even offer discounts on illegal abortions in the Russian women's favorite holiday - International Women's Day.
The number of abortions in Russia is almost equal to the number of newborns during the year. According to the Russian Ministry of Health, in 2008 the country was born 1, 7 million children and has been made 1, 2 million abortions.
Experts say that the low birth rate in Russia is coming to a critical point. In 1992, the abortion rate began to decline. The reason for this decline was the inadequate health care, social issues and the high level of alcohol. The Government does not deny that the problem exists and is making efforts to solve it. Since 2010 the Government has presented statistics according to which for the first time in fifteen years, the population has increased.
Historically, women all over the world trying to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, regardless of whether it is permitted by law. However, they are often subjected to risk their health and safety, self-causing miscarriage or performing an illegal abortion. Although between the legality of abortion and involuntary abortion
Miscarriage - can you protect yourself from it?
there is no connection, there is a strong relationship between the legality of abortion and their safety.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) defines unsafe abortion "a procedure for terminating an unwanted pregnancy either by persons who have no need to perform this procedure skills or in an environment that did not meet the minimum medical standards, or both of these conditions together" .
- Of the forty-six million abortions performed each year around the world, twenty million occur in countries where abortion is illegal.
- According to WHO, in countries where abortions remain unsafe, they are a major cause of maternal mortality - from six hundred thousand annual deaths worldwide related to pregnancy, seventy-eight thousand cases are caused by unsafe abortions.
- Approximately two hundred nineteen women around the world die every day as a result of the commission of unsafe abortion.
- Six months after Guyana in 1995 legalized abortion, the number of patients hospitalized as a result of septic or incomplete abortions decreased by forty-one percent. Earlier, septic abortion was the third, and incomplete abortion - the eighth in the list of causes of hospitalization in public hospitals of the country. A year after, in 1990, Romania has officially allowed to abortion, the death rate associated with the commission of abortions fell from one hundred forty-two to forty-seven cases out of a hundred thousand cases of live birth. These are examples of the positive impact of the policy of legalizing abortion on women's health.
- The legalization of abortion allows women to abortions carried out in a timely manner, thereby reducing the risk of complications. In 1970, one of four abortions in the United States committed in the pregnancy more than thirteen weeks. To date, eighty-eight percent of all abortions are done before the end of the first trimester.
Medical abortion: the timing of it is impossible to break
August 14, 2012
Abortion is still "the most reliable method of contraception," especially in Russia. It might seem like simple: there is an unwanted pregnancy, it is necessary to interrupt and end the problem. Today, there are lots of ways to get rid of "trouble." One method of abortion is a medical abortion. Certainly, it has many advantages, and the risk of complications after the event is minimized. But, nevertheless, not all women who want to get rid of unwanted pregnancy, know that the effectiveness of medical abortion depends on the timing of the meeting. Furthermore, after crossing a certain threshold (the excess of the pregnancy), medical abortion is not carried out, and, moreover, is contraindicated.
Abortion (medical abortion) is carried out up to twelve weeks. According to some indications interrupt pregnancy, and at a later date (later a medical abortion) - thirteen to twenty-two weeks. There are two types of surgical abortion:
- mini-abortion (vacuum aspiration
Aspiration: the main thing - do not get confused
fetus at a delay menstruation to twenty-one days, or a period of three to four weeks of pregnancy);
- curettage and removal of the fetus (held up to twelve weeks of pregnancy with the expansion of the cervix and removing the fetus and placenta pieces with special surgical tools).
Medical abortion (medicinal, pharmacological abortion) - this is the termination of pregnancy, which is conducted with the use of drugs. For the medical termination of pregnancy are different drugs: inhibitors of progesterone synthesis
Progesterone - norm and pathology
(Elostan), synthetic analogs prostaglandins (misoprostol), antiprogestins (mifepristone), cytostatics (methotrexate). The most popular drug for medical abortion is mifepristone, which suppresses the production of progesterone and causes uterine contractions. Mifepristone is often given in combination with a prostaglandin analog, which increases the effectiveness of medical abortion.
Dates of medical abortion
Induced abortion in all cases is a powerful hormonal stress
How to beat stress? Create an oasis
for the body, especially after medical abortion. Hormonal disorders can then affect not only the woman's menstrual function, but also in its ability to conceive, and childbearing. Therefore, the sooner medical abortion was performed, the less likelihood of side effects and complications. The most safe and effective is considered an abortion up to four weeks, so the ovum still not firmly attached to the lining of the uterus, and in women have not yet occurred pronounced hormonal changes.
It is believed that medical abortion
Medication abortion: take a pill and get the problem
You can hold up to eight weeks, or up to 49 days delayed menstruation. The Russian Federation is allowed to interrupt the pregnancy with the help of drugs up to six weeks, or within 42 days from the first day of the last menstrual period.
For another method of medical abortion may include the use of Postinor (postcoital contraceptive). The drug has multiple mechanisms of action, one of which is an abortifacient effect - a violation of the process of implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterine lining, which causes an interruption of the very early pregnancy. Postinor should be taken no later than 72 hours after unprotected intercourse.
As noted above, the effectiveness of drug abortion depends on the duration of the meeting (the lower the gestational age, the better it flows interrupt). Thus, termination of pregnancy in term two - three weeks up to 98% efficiency, medical abortion in term of five weeks is successful in 93% of cases, and abortion in a period of six weeks, is only effective in 89% of medical abortions.