- Rigevidon - not recommended for women after forty
- Indications and contraindications
The principle of action of hormonal contraceptives
In a woman's body produces two types of female hormones: estrogen and progestin (progesterone). Estrogens promote the maturation of the egg in the ovary and its exit from the ruptured follicle, first in the abdomen and then into the fallopian tube to meet with sperm. Progesterone begins to be developed on the site of the ruptured follicle, which has turned into a new hardware - the corpus luteum. The task of progesterone - to prepare the uterine lining for the introduction of the fetus and to prevent maturation of new follicles, which can prevent the development of pregnancy. It was on this property - braking follicle under the influence of progesterone and construction principle of all hormonal contraceptives. Almost all modern drugs of this series also contain progestins and estrogens. The latter is necessary to enhance the effect of progestogens.
Hormonal contraceptives but can be different in its composition and dosage of drugs contained in it. There hormonal contraceptives that consist of one progesterone (single component), but nowadays often produced combined contraceptives, which are composed as progesterone
Progesterone - norm and pathology
Estrogen - the key to bone health
. Monophasic kontratsptivy consist of drugs that are taken in the same dose throughout the cycle. There are drugs that change the dosage during the cycle (two- and three-phase preparations).
Hormonal contraceptive rigevedon
Rigevidon is a combined low-dose monophasic oral contraceptives. One tablet contains rigevidon 0, 15 mg of levonorgestrel (synthetic progesterone), and 0, 03 mg of ethinyl estradiol (synthetic estrogen). This is much lower than, for example, in such contraceptives as trikvilar and triziston. Like all hormones, rigevidon has an inhibitory effect on ovulation
Ovulation - How to determine as accurately as possible?
Preventing unwanted pregnancies. Due optimally small amount of active substances, side effects are rare. Admission Rigevidon has no negative effect on subsequent pregnancy.
Indications for use
Rigevidon appointed only after examination and on prescription, the indication for its use are:
- protection from unwanted pregnancy;
- menstrual irregularities, including painful menstruation;
- functional uterine bleeding;
- predominance of estrogen in the woman's natural hormonal background.
Contraindications rigevidon are:
- idiosyncrasy of the drug;
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Breast-feeding: feed - and no nails!
- condition after suffering a hepatitis;
- diseases associated with impaired liver function;
- inflammatory diseases of the bile ducts (cholelithiasis, cholecystitis);
- Chronic colitis (inflammation of the colon);
- disorders of lipid metabolism (obesity);
- severe cardiovascular diseases, including hypertension;
- endocrine diseases (diabetes, etc.).
- the tendency to form clots in the blood vessels;
- malignant tumor.
Side effects that may occur while taking Rigevidon
When taken at the beginning of Rigevidon may occur violations of the gastrointestinal tract (nausea), breast tenderness, irregular appearance scant vaginal discharge. It usually does not require discontinuation of the drug, since the future of his state of normal reception. The frequency of irregular uterine bleeding (as scant and abundant) is reduced for subsequent courses receiving rigevidon, over time, they usually stop. When excessive bleeding should stop taking the drug and consult a gynecologist.
Side effects can manifest as changes in body weight (increase or decrease), headaches, mood variability, fatigue, changes in sex drive, skin rash, leg cramps. Smoking may increase the frequency and severity of adverse events.
But in some cases it requires removal of the drug:
- If a pregnancy;
- in case of thrombophlebitis;
- when a disturbance of cerebral circulation;
- myocardial infarction;
- when suddenly encountered visual impairment;
- with strong persistent headaches;
- with any serious illness.
Precautions should be taken rigevidon women over the age of 40 years, the presence of varicose veins, seizures, permanent high blood pressure, mild diabetes, mental disorders, accompanied by mood changes, benign tumors of the uterus and breast.
Admission Rigevidon should be stopped 6 weeks before any elective surgery.
Rigevidon quality low-dose hormonal contraceptive marketed known pharmaceutical company Gedeon Richter (Hungary).