Ginger in folk medicine - a runny nose and relieve pain
August 18, 2011
Both Eastern and domestic traditional medicine have accumulated extensive experience in the use of ginger for the treatment and prevention of various diseases and correction of some states, such as motion sickness. It is necessary to take advantage of this experience, but with all the indications and contraindications.
Recipes ginger for the treatment and prevention of colds
Ginger perfectly relieves cold, but it can not be used at high temperatures. For the treatment of the common cold are suitable recipes:
- to reduce the symptoms of colds: Take a quarter teaspoon of powdered ginger, pour a glass of boiling water for 5-7 minutes, strain and drink with lemon and honey;
- to relieve puffiness and nasal congestion: Grate fresh ginger root on a grater, squeeze the juice; take a teaspoon of juice combine with a teaspoon of honey and take this mixture three times a day;
- to relieve hoarseness: a teaspoon of ginger juice mixed with a teaspoon of lemon juice, a little salt the and take three times a day;
- to relieve a headache at the front (inflammation of the frontal sinuses: half a teaspoon of ginger powder to dissolve with water, spread on cloth attached to the forehead area for 15-20 minutes, then wash skin thoroughly;
- Tibetan herbal tea to relieve cold; Ingredients: half a liter of milk, half a liter of water, 10 grains thoroughly pounded cloves and cardamom, half a teaspoon of dry ginger and ground nutmeg, two teaspoons of green tea without aromatic additives, a teaspoon of Darjeeling tea; water pour into an enamel bowl, put on fire, add the cloves, cardamom, ginger and dry green tea; boil for a minute, add the milk, bring to a boil, add the Darjeeling tea, and when the boil - nutmeg; boil for 1-2 minutes, for 5 minutes, strain and drink in the morning without adding anything more than tea.
Recipes ginger for the treatment and prevention of diseases of the digestive system
Ginger is well helps relieve pain and spasms in the stomach and intestines, but in any case can not be used for stomach bleeding and processes:
- diarrhea and spastic pains in the gut: combine half a cup of yogurt with an equal volume of boiling water, add a quarter teaspoon of ginger powder and ground nutmeg and drink;
- to relieve nausea and vomiting: taking a mixture of a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with an equal volume of onion juice;
- to reduce diarrhea and abdominal pain: rub a little ginger juice in the area near the navel.
Recipes ginger for the prevention of motion sickness
- to relieve symptoms of motion sickness in any transport: 30-60 minutes before going inside to take half a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger and then drink a glass of regular tea or mineral water;
- for removing signs of motion sickness for pregnant women should drink ginger tea normal health.
Recipes ginger to treat external diseases
- boil for a breakthrough: Mix half a teaspoon of ginger and the same amount of turmeric
Turmeric: the benefits and harms of the Indian saffron
with water to a paste and then apply to the composition of the boil
Boils and carbuncles - will warm compress
- to reduce the swelling and pain of hemorrhoids: to take twice a day, a teaspoon of aloe juice
Aloe - its amazing healing properties
with eighth of a teaspoon of ginger powder.
Recipes ginger to relieve pain
- to relieve pain in the muscles of the back: two teaspoons of ginger powder, a teaspoon of turmeric, half a teaspoon of chili mix, pour a small amount of warm water, put on a napkin, attach to the sick part of the body, fasten, leave for 15 to 20 minutes;
- ginger bath to relieve stiffness and pain in the muscles: two tablespoons of ginger powder to fill a liter of water, boil for 10 minutes, strain and pour into the tub; take a bath until cool;
- to relieve pain in the joints in rheumatoid arthritis: take overnight 30 ml of castor oil and drink cup of ginger tea.
Recipes ginger tea
Ginger tea drink for 30 minutes before the meal, in which case it immediately vsasyvantsya in the gastrointestinal tract and enter into the biochemical processes that are an integral part of the overall metabolism. Recipes of ginger tea:
- Wellness tea to strengthen the body's defenses: sliced thin slices of ginger
Ginger and the most unexpected, but pleasant useful properties
fill with water, boil for 10-15 minutes, cool, add honey and lemon juice, drunk as ordinary tea;
- tea for weight loss: a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger mixed with a teaspoon of grated garlic, pour a glass of boiling water for 15-20 minutes, strain and drink during the day before eating; at night so it is better not to drink tea.
Ginger - a great tool for the treatment and rehabilitation of the body, but you need to approach it with caution.
Sage - "cvyaschennaya grass" - Contra
May 14, 2014
- Sage - "cvyaschennaya grass"
- In terms of botany
- Healing properties
For many herbal medicine taken lightly, considering that the plant can not cause any harm to health. This is not true. Herbs and therefore used in the treatment, which may have an impact on health, and this influence is not always benign. As with any other agent with sufficient efficiency, herb sage has a number of contraindications. Even if there are no contraindications, you can not use salvia more than three consecutive months.
For example, you can not use sage in case of hypersensitivity to any of its components. An allergy to sage relatively rare, but allergic reactions sage treatment must be immediately stopped.
It is impossible, even in small doses, salvia use during pregnancy and lactation. Sage has the ability to suppress milk production in lactating women. Due to the high content of phytohormones treatment Sage is contraindicated in certain gynecological diseases, such as polycystic ovary syndrome
Polycystic ovaries - watch their menstruation
, Elevated levels of estrogen, amenorrhea
The absence of menstruation (amenorrhea) - ambiguous symptom
(absence of menstruation).
It is not necessary to use drugs and sage with a lack of progesterone
Progesterone - norm and pathology
. Although in this situation a couple of lozenges cough herbs will not lead to unpleasant consequences, the systematic use of sage threatened violations of follicular development.
Not recommended sage treated hypothyroidism - a violation of the thyroid gland
The thyroid gland - is responsible for your hormones
. You can not use sage and low blood pressure - hypotension. Hypertension, however, the plant should also be used with caution. In such cases, side effects from sage may be too detrimental to health.
Also, do not give drugs with sage, including sage tablets for sucking, children under five years. This is due to the fact that the drug substance contains sage - salvorin hallucinogen-A.
Using sage is unacceptable and in certain diseases of the kidneys, for example, acute nephritis and pyelonephritis. With great caution and only after consulting a doctor can use sage suffering from nervous disorders, particularly epilepsy.
Manufacturers mints cough with sage do not recommend these drugs for patients with diabetes. In this case, the risk is not salvia as such, and excipients, such as sugar based candy that do. Use to gargle natural sage tea without added sweeteners and may be due to diabetes.
Opinion of doctors
Traditional healers are advised to use salvia from a variety of diseases, the official medicine as it relates to the medicinal plants with caution. In particular, doctors do not recommend the use of inner sage. Yes, and externally to use a decoction or infusion of sage must be carefully pre-consulted with a doctor. In some cases, pre-treatment is necessary to pass a series of tests to ensure the absence of contraindications.
Possible damage to sage depends on its concentration. If you accidentally eat a lollipop, the other with a sage extract or sample dishes seasoned with this herb, much harm to the body is not. Even sage tea, if you drink it in moderation, do not adversely affect the health, especially if consumed sage mixed with other herbs. At the same time systematic internal use concentrated infusion of sage, especially in the presence of contraindications, can cause serious harm to health. Therefore it is very important to know how to use sage that the treatment has brought only benefits.