Sage - "cvyaschennaya grass" - Effect
May 14, 2014
- Sage - "cvyaschennaya grass"
- In terms of botany
- Healing properties
Effect of salvia
Sage is one of the most popular medicinal herbs. Since antiquity, this plant is used to treat a variety of diseases. Salvia is especially useful for women: for centuries, this plant has been used for the treatment of infertility, as well as for the maintenance of female beauty
The mystery of female beauty - mystery and femininity
. But you need to use sage with caution: in its composition contains poisonous substances.
Children and sage
Can you give sage children? It depends on the application of the drug infusion or decoction. Inside Sage desirable to use even the adults and kids swallow a decoction of the plant should be much less.
Do not forget that in the sage has hallucinogenic and poisonous substance thujone. These toxins contained in the decoction of sage in a small amount, and is unlikely to cause poisoning, but it is better not to risk the health of your baby. Doctors do not recommend to give young children a decoction of sage even gargle with angina: crumbs might accidentally swallow the toxic medicine.
Children older than five years can be given cough lozenges with sage and tea with sage. It should be borne in mind that the sage has expectorant action, so the drugs with him usually cause increased cough, and only then to facilitate the patient's condition.
Kids after a year you can swim in the water with the addition of sage. Such baths with Sage has a calming effect, they are useful for itching and skin irritation. Showing children and a bath with sage and sea salt.
From olden times sage was used to combat infertility, both male and female. Since the plant contains plant hormones, sage has the ability to change the hormonal balance in women, which in some cases leads to the onset of the long-awaited pregnancy. Sage is for women who dream of motherhood - the ancient, centuries-tested remedy. With Sage solved the problem of infertility even the ancient Egyptians.
Naturopaths know that sage improves hormonal, if women have estrogen deficiency. In addition, under the influence of this plant improves the function of the female reproductive system. At the same time, be aware that estrogen deficiency - is not the only possible reason for the inability to become pregnant. And if infertility due to other causes, the receiving infusion of sage can not only help, but and harm health. Therefore prior to treatment sage it is mandatory to consult a gynecologist and pass the examination.
Sage infertility take twice a day for 60-80 ml. Some herbalists recommend a mixture of sage brew with lime for faster results. The dosage regimen is selected phytotherapeutist individually, but usually start drinking sage on the fifth day from the beginning of the month and drink it within 10 days, then make a break. More than three months can not continue treatment. Once pregnancy occurs, you should immediately discontinue treatment because of sage broth is very dangerous to the fetus.
During pregnancy and lactation
Breast-feeding: feed - and no nails!
Sage can not drink. But to stop lactation use it often. In particular, sage is used in a situation, if for some reason (e.g., due to disease) is an urgent need to stop breast-feeding. The use of infusions into the sage is considered a very effective means: the milk quickly stops producing.
Sage for men
Strong sex sage can also be useful. It is believed that the plant helps in the treatment of male infertility, although the official science has not yet confirmed these data. In addition, sage tea is considered to be an aphrodisiac
Aphrodisiacs - cause desire where necessary
: In small doses, it has a stimulating effect on men. Moreover, to achieve the desired effect is not necessarily a man to drink large amounts of sage - just dried herbs spice food or drink a couple of spoonfuls of broth before eating.
At the same time we enjoy the stronger sex sage doctors do not recommend. This plant comprises in its composition a substance similar to the female hormones. According to some reports, the excessive use of salvia can cause impotence
Impotence - a female perspective on the problem
and other unpleasant consequences.
Seabuckthorn - to heal wounds quickly
March 19, 2009
It is hard to find other fruits, which contain the same amount of natural vitamins, like buckthorn. This plant is used in folk medicine, where there are many recipes for sea buckthorn from a variety of diseases. Physicians also appreciate and often prescribe drugs from the sea buckthorn - sometimes they are useful vitamins and mineral complexes.
Sea buckthorn - herb
Seabuckthorn - a shrub or small tree, reaching a height of three to four meters of branches covered with small thorns and green leaves slightly elongated.
Buckthorn is pollinated by the wind, blooms in late spring. The fruits are small (8-10 mm), orange-yellow or reddish-orange, oval-shaped. The plant is found in Russia, in Europe and southern Siberia, near bodies of water, often on sandy soils.
Chemical substances contained in sea buckthorn
Fruits of sea buckthorn contain 2, 8-7, 8% fatty oil, ascorbic acid, carotene (provitamin A), B vitamins
B vitamins: the body useful helpers
, Vitamin E, folic acid, phylloquinone (vitamin K is involved in the biosynthesis of clotting factors), sugars, tannins, organic acids (oleic, stearic, linoleic and palmitic), which are actively involved in metabolism
Metabolism: The basis of life of all living things
In the bark of sea buckthorn contains serotonin, also called "hormone of happiness" because of the fact that it helps to improve mood.
Sea buckthorn has healing properties. It is able to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and making them less permeable to improve tissue metabolism
Improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting
Has an antioxidant effect (prevents oxidation of the tissues, and hence aging).
Buckthorn reduces inflammation of tissues and promotes healing of wounds, it can improve the course of any chronic disease due to the large amount of vitamins contained in it. The bark of sea buckthorn has antitumor properties.
What diseases can be treated with sea buckthorn
Buckthorn fruits used in the form of an oil, juice, water infusion or decoction, syrup. The healing properties of sea buckthorn is widely used to reduce pain associated with inflammatory processes, for rapid wound healing.
Inside buckthorn is used for the treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system, chronic diseases, blood diseases, gastritis, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer, lack of vitamins.
Outer fruits of sea buckthorn as an oil and water extracts used for skin diseases, long non-healing ulcers and wounds, burns, in gynecological practice, with radiation damage of the skin and mucous membranes, with injuries and defects of the cornea, inflammatory, and radiation injuries, burns the eyes. Compresses the leaves of sea buckthorn is used in rheumatoid arthritis - they reduce pain in joints
Joint pain - how to understand what is going on?
, Infusions of fruit - with alopecia (drink and rub into the scalp).
In ENT practice sea buckthorn oil is used for the treatment of sinusitis (it is introduced into the maxillary sinus), laryngitis, pharyngitis (inhalation, lubrication of the mucous membrane). Inhalation of sea buckthorn oil used for the prevention of occupational respiratory diseases working in hazardous occupations.
How to cook sea buckthorn
The medicine from sea buckthorn can be made at home:
- buckthorn oil: of seabuckthorn fruit squeezed juice, the pulp is dried, pulverized and poured vegetable oil (1 kg buckthorn 1 5 kg of oil) and pushing at room temperature, stirring occasionally for three weeks, and then carefully decanted liquid portion; sea buckthorn oil is stored in the refrigerator;
- broth buckthorn (used for diarrhea): 1 tablespoon of finely chopped leaves and branches, pour a glass of cold water, bring to a boil, heat 5 minutes on low heat, insist 30 minutes, strain and drink; if necessary, the reception can be repeated;
- the juice of sea buckthorn: washed fruit add water (2 cups water to 1 kg of sea buckthorn, but water can not be added, then get juice concentrate), warmed to 80 ° C for an hour and squeeze, then pour the juice into bottles or jars and pasteurized ;
- buckthorn with sugar: banks fill buckthorn (1 kg), sprinkling sugar (400-500 g), put in a cool place for 6-8 hours, then the banks are supplemented with sugar and sea buckthorn pasteurized at 85 ° C (half-liter jars - 15 minutes, liter - 20);
- Frozen sea buckthorn (retains all the properties of fresh) fruit wash, dry and put a thin layer in the freezer; when they solidify, it can be folded in a bag and store in the freezer;
- buckthorn jelly: fresh berries rubbed through a fine sieve, using a juicer get juice, heated to 70 ° C, add sugar (850 g per 1 liter of juice), stir, bring to a boil and lightly boiled over low heat; Ready jelly is poured into clean, dry jars, cover with cheesecloth and leave to cool, then cover with parchment paper and tie;
- jam of sea-buckthorn fruit of well-washed, then pour boiling solution of sugar (1, 5 kg of sugar to 1 cup of water), allow to stand for 3 hours; then separated from the fruit syrup and boil while independently then pour it again buckthorn berries and refluxed for 10-15 minutes and then poured into sterile jars and tightly capped.
Seabuckthorn - a great folk remedy for the treatment of many diseases, and for promoting good health.