- Is it possible to get pregnant immediately after menstruation - Dispelling the myths
It is believed that five days before menstruation and the same afterwards - safe period during which the conception of the child is not going to happen. But in fact, the answer to the question of whether it is possible to get pregnant immediately after menstruation, is yes.
The probability of conception is always present if during sex partners were not protected. This is due to the fact that ovulation in women can occur any day of the cycle, and the sperm may be stored in its body about one week
What happens in a woman's body during the menstrual cycle
The menstrual cycle is controlled by several hormones. They are produced in different parts of the female body:
- Gonadotropin is responsible for the release of the egg. This biologically active substance produced in the hypothalamus;
- Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) secreted by the pituitary;
- Estrogen and progesterone
Progesterone - norm and pathology
produced in the ovaries.
During the first, follicular, phase of the menstrual cycle, the hypothalamus produces gonadotropin, which is under the influence of FSH from the pituitary gland is released. The latter substance is carried with the blood through the body and stimulates the beginning of the maturation of eggs in the ovaries.
Follicles are sacs within each of which there is one egg. Under the influence of FSH, about twenty members of the female sex glands begin to mature. In this one follicle (rarely two) are growing faster than the rest. FSH also stimulates the production of estrogen. Under their influence, thickens the inner shell of the uterus - the endometrium.
Then comes the second, ovulatory phase of the cycle. At this time the release of luteinizing hormone, follicle wall is torn, and the mature egg is released from the ovary and into the fallopian tube.
The third phase is called the luteal or secretory. It includes a time after the ovulation and the beginning of a new menstrual bleeding.
In the ovarian follicle, from which came the egg turns into a corpus luteum. This gland produces estrogen and progesterone whereby lining of the uterus becomes thicker and acquires a spongy texture. This structure provides a reliable endometrial attachment thereto of a fertilized egg if pregnancy occurs. At this time, the pituitary production of FSH temporarily stops, and therefore the new follicles do not mature.
If conception occurs, the fertilized egg from the fallopian tube and enters the uterus is attached to the wall of the body. Progesterone levels remain high.
In those cases where the pregnancy has not occurred, the corpus luteum begins to contract, and the content of female sex hormones in the blood decreases. In endometrium produced prostaglandins - substances that disrupt the endometrium and cause reduction body. The endometrium together with the unfertilized egg comes out, that is, menstruation begins.
Which days of the cycle a woman can get pregnant
With regular menstrual cycle duration of twenty-eight days, the highest probability of pregnancy exists in the period from the tenth to the seventeenth day. This time period is called "fertile window." On other days the probability of conception
How to increase the probability of conception: the first steps to improve reproductive function
It is significantly reduced.
But many women have found violations of menstrual function, so the time of ovulation is difficult to determine. Thus pregnancy can occur in almost any day of the cycle.
In some cases it is possible to get pregnant immediately after menstruation
The causes of pregnancy in this period, there are several. These include:
- Short menstrual cycle. If the duration is less than twenty-one days, ovulation may occur in the coming days after the end of menstruation. It is important to bear in mind that, under favorable conditions, the sperm can be stored in the fallopian tubes of up to seven days and wait for the release of the egg there;
- Too long periods. If your period lasts more than seven days, there is a possibility that after the end of the egg is already mature and ready for fertilization;
- Irregular menstrual cycle. Women with such features ovulate every cycle takes place on different days, so the egg can become mature both during menstruation and immediately after them;
- Spontaneous ovulation. At the same time in a single menstrual cycle at different times of the two mature egg. This phenomenon is considered to be rare and not fully understood. It is assumed that there is a genetic predisposition to spontaneous ovulation. The probability of conception increases significantly with time at any cycle.
Sometimes pregnancy occurs in the middle of the menstrual cycle, during ovulation, as it should be normal. The fertilized egg is attached to the wall of the uterus, the endometrium but some still rejected. At the same time the following menses come, and she believes that the conception to them was not. Later, when she will calculate the anticipated date of the pregnancy, the girl decides that fertilization occurred after menstruation.
In diseases of the cervix during intercourse or after contact may begin bleeding. If this occurs during the expected month, the woman is not alarming. But the probability of conception
Conception, ovarian cycle, fertilization and genetics of a child
During this period there.
Even in healthy women can sometimes be a violation of the menstrual cycle. This is affected by stress, colds, or climate change, for example, during the journey or holiday. Under the influence of these factors can change the level of hormones that are produced in the pituitary gland and the ovaries. Therefore, the time of ovulation
Ovulation - How to determine as accurately as possible?
It may move, and it is difficult to predict. If the egg gets into the fallopian tube through a short period of time after the end of menstruation, pregnancy can occur.
The probability of conception is always present if during sex partners were not protected. This is due to the fact that ovulation in women can occur any day of the cycle, and the sperm may be stored in its body about one week. Therefore, if the couple is not planning pregnancy, should not forget about contraception.