- Algomenoreya - with age and can not pass
- How is
Abdominal pain during menstruation - a problem familiar to most women. Its medical name - algomenoreya. Typically, painful spasms occur in the lower abdomen, but sometimes the pain may spread to the lower back and hips. In some cases, the spasms can be very intense, but most women experience a dull and long-lasting pain in the abdomen. Usually, pain appears soon after the onset of menstruation, and in most cases lasts for 12-24 hours.
Doctors suggest that about three-quarters of young women, and about half of adult women regularly experience pain and discomfort during menstruation. About one in five women the pain is so severe that it interferes with normal daily activities to cope with.
In the same month a woman may then cause severe pain, the place is completely painless. Along with the pain in the abdomen, lower back and hips, algomenoreya can cause the following symptoms:
- Lethargy, fatigue;
- Dizziness, lightheadedness;
Although the majority of women the pain comes with the beginning of menstruation, for some it occurs a few days earlier. Also, certain patients the pain ceases not through the usual 12-24 hours and a few days after the start of menstrual bleeding. As a rule, the most heavy bleeding accompanied by the most severe pain.
With age, the monthly usually become less painful.
Some women notice that postpartum menstrual flow with less discomfort than it was before the baby is born.
Abdominal pain during menstruation is the result of uterine muscle. In fact, this muscle contracts all the time, but most of the time, these cuts are so weak that they do not cause any sensations. During menstruation uterine muscle begins to contract more intensely, resulting from the body of the output of the mucous membrane of the uterus (the endometrium).
Uterine muscles result in compression disposed in the wall of the uterine blood vessels. As a result, blood flow in the uterus (and hence oxygen supply) is temporarily limited, and with a lack of oxygen tissue of the uterus begin to secrete substances that are triggers of pain signals.
At the same time, the body produces substances called prostaglandins under. They cause a further reduction of the uterine muscles, and as a result, the pain becomes stronger.
So far it is not known exactly why some women, menstrual cramps are stronger than others. It is assumed that some women organisms accumulate prostaglandins, and it is stronger spasms than others.
Violations that may cause abdominal pain during menstruation
In more rare cases, the causes can be algomenoree the following violations:
- Endometriosis. In patients with endometriosis, the endometrial cells begin to grow in other areas of the body, most often - in the fallopian tubes and ovaries. During menses, these cells, like normal endometrial cells are removed from the body, which leads to a particularly heavy and painful menstruation.
- Uterine fibroids - benign tumors in the uterus, which can also cause heavy and painful menstruation.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease. Violations of this type are caused by bacterial infection of the uterus, fallopian (uterine) tubes, and ovaries, and cause severe inflammation. One of the consequences of pelvic inflammatory disease may be severe pain during menstruation.
- Adenomyosis. In this disorder tissue, which normally forms the inside of the uterus begins to grow into the wall of the uterus. Because of this, particularly menses can be painful.
- Intrauterine device. This method of contraception sometimes leads to abundant and painful menstruation, more often - in the first months after the spiral has been set.
If algomenoreya caused by various diseases, patients typically has one or more of the following symptoms:
- Irregular periods;
- Intermenstrual bleeding;
- Unusual thick vaginal discharge
Vaginal discharge: normal or disease?
Or discharge with an unpleasant odor;
- Pain during sexual intercourse.
The above violations and the symptoms are more common in women aged 30 to 45 years. Even if you have monthly almost always accompanied by painful sensations, diseases affecting the reproductive system, can change the nature of pain. For example, in some patients the pain becomes much stronger, or it lasts for a longer time than it was before. If you notice such changes, you should contact your gynecologist.
For most women, abdominal pain during menstruation is a normal feature of the menstrual cycle. However, if the pain is severe, or its character has changed in recent years, it is necessary to pass inspection. You should also consult your doctor if painful menstruation
Painful menstruation - the impact on quality of life
accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Increased body temperature;
- Strong and sharp pain in the abdomen
Sharp abdominal pain
- A large number of clots in menstrual flow;
- Thick and have an unpleasant odor vaginal discharge.
At the reception, the doctor will examine your medical history and ask you to describe the symptoms. It may also ask questions about your menstrual cycle and sexual activity. These questions should be given as detailed as possible and, of course, frank answers, because it will help your doctor quickly determine the cause of your problem.
Gynecological examination. Although the vast majority of cases algomenoreya not caused by any violations, the doctor will conduct a pelvic examination to identify or rule out potential problems. Examination of genitalia sometimes helps detect signs of certain infections and structural abnormalities, as well as to decide whether there is a need to appoint any additional diagnostic procedures.
If during a pelvic exam
Gynecological examination: an important component of women's health
They showed signs of any violations, or if the pain during menstruation can not alleviate with the help of analgesics, to determine the causes algomenoree can be used the following methods:
- Ultrasound examination - a painless procedure that allows the doctor to detect many abnormalities in the reproductive system of the patient.
- Laparoscopy. During this procedure, the abdominal cavity makes a small incision into which a laparoscope. It can be used to examine in detail how the internal organs, and, if necessary, to take tissue samples. Usually, laparoscopy is performed under general anesthesia.
- Hysteroscopy - examination of the uterus using a special tool - the hysteroscope, which is inserted into the uterus through the vagina. It can help you identify and resolve a number of anomalies that may cause pain during menstruation.