- Toothache - itself does not take place
What hurts in the tooth
Teeth are made from the root (it is inside the gums) and crowns (which form the surface of the tooth, projecting above the gum). The basis of the hard tissues of the tooth up. In the crown - a dentin and a hard tissue - the enamel that covers the crown of the tooth. The root of the tooth is covered with dentin and cement. The hard tissues of the tooth is no nerve endings, so any disease processes and manipulation in the area are harmless.
Under the hard tissues of the tooth crown of the tooth cavity is filled with a soft cloth or pulp, permeated the small blood vessels and nerve endings rich. At the root (or roots if several) have channels which communicate with the cavity of the tooth, they are also filled with the pulp. Any inflammation or manipulation in the field of remote channels, or very painful.
The root of the tooth is held in the cell by means of special jaws periodontal ligaments, which are also located within the blood vessels and nerves, so periodontal inflammation also causes severe toothache.
Toothache with pulpitis
Pulpitis - an inflammation of the tooth pulp. Pulpits may be acute or chronic. There is a pulpit in violation of the integrity of the hard tissues of the tooth and the penetration of infection in the tooth cavity. The pulp can occur when:
- the destruction of dental hard tissues of tooth decay
More about caries - take care of your teeth until it's too late
- tooth injury (eg, fracture of the tooth);
- the impact on the tooth of some chemicals (such as acids and alkalis) or high temperatures (it may be in the process of preparing the tooth for prosthetics);
- tooth filling, when not taken into account the shrinkage of filling materials and seal between the tooth crown and a gap;
- presence dentikley (tumors of the dentin pulp inside diameter 2-3 mm) or petrifikatov (sites of calcification of soft tissue of the tooth) which can compress the blood vessels and nerve branches in the cavity of a tooth and cause inflammation and dental pain.
Acute pulpitis begins with severe toothache, which can occur with or without food, or any other actions, at night or in temperature influences, especially cold. Limited (focal) acute inflammation in dental pulp lasts about two days and then extended to the entire tooth pulp (the pain intensified and at the same time can give the course of the trigeminal nerve), or the process becomes chronic.
Treatment of acute pulpits today can be done quite easily, since there are painkillers, completely blocking tooth sensitivity. After anesthesia, the pulp is treated or removed, and the tooth sealing.
Chronic pulpitis may be different, but in all forms of pain patients are concerned, in the nature of which can handle only a dentist. He will remove the pain and treat the pulp.
Acute periodontitis - an inflammation of the connective ligament that holds the tooth root in his cell. Periodontitis is usually a complication of pulpitis
Pulpit: what to do to not get on the table of the surgeon?
or may occur at a common diseases, injuries, allergic processes, and so on.
Signs of acute periodontitis
Periodontitis - a serious complication of pulpitis
is the emergence of a strong toothache, and if joins tissue abscess, it may suffer a general condition of the body, the body temperature rises. Periodontitis can give complication in the form of inflammation of the jaw bone. If you are delayed and inadequate treatment of acute periodontitis can become chronic.
Periodontitis is treated by a special treatment root canal, laying special medicinal dressings, physical therapy, and its subsequent sealing. All this can be treat painless using local anesthesia.
What can help themselves at a toothache
Tooth pain can be so severe that the person is lost and does not know how to help themselves. In this case, do the following:
- take a toothpick and remove from the tooth cavity of the destroyed remnants of food;
- carefully rinse the mouth with warm water; thus it is necessary to know that if the inflammation is not purulent, the slightly warm water will remove the pain, and if purulent - force (in this case will help the cold);
- on the aching tooth to put a napkin with analgesic powder (eg, pulverized pill dipyrone);
- inside to take a pill analgin;
- immediately go to the dental clinic.
Prevention of dental pain is the timely treatment of caries
Treatment of caries: avoid development
and other diseases of hard tissues of the tooth, which can destroy the crown of the tooth, and open access to the soft tissues, which are characterized by high sensitivity.