Diet for high cholesterol - good cholesterol against harmful
July 25, 2010
- Diet for high cholesterol - good cholesterol against harmful
- What is cholesterol
High blood cholesterol is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease. The problem with the high cholesterol diet - reduce the level of low-density lipoprotein (the so-called "bad cholesterol").
Eat more vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes
It is true miracles of nature, which help prevent heart disease
Heart disease and heart attacks: that every woman should know
Lowering cholesterol. Regular consumption of fiber is particularly effective helps to reduce LDL. To achieve this, there must be at least 4.5 cups of vegetables and fruits every day and every week for at least three servings of whole grains and four portions of nuts, seeds, and / or legumes.
Carefully choose fatty foods
Diet for high cholesterol does not require you to completely avoid fat, but it is recommended to reduce the intake of saturated fats, and completely abandon trans fats (which are found in various foods and refined in margarine). Instead include saturated fats in the diet, which are rich in, for example, rapeseed oil, olive oil, nuts. Plant stanols and sterols are contained in vegetable fats, especially effective in lowering LDL-cholesterol.
Eat lean proteins
Fish, chicken and vegetable proteins in the diet at an elevated cholesterol can replace red meat, rich in saturated fats. In many fish contains omega-3, which not only help to reduce cholesterol levels
How quickly reduce cholesterol eleven tips
But also reduce the risk of various abnormalities of heart rhythm, which can lead to sudden cardiac arrest. Further, they lower the triglyceride level and prevent atherosclerosis and reduce blood pressure
Blood pressure - dangerous if his swing?
. Experts say that for the normalization of cholesterol is necessary every week there are two servings of fish weighing about 100 g
Limit cholesterol intake
Healthy people can consume up to 300 mg cholesterol per day; those who have elevated levels of cholesterol and / or people with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease should limit its intake to 200 mg or less. For this it is necessary to consume as little saturated fat.
Skipping meals often leads to overeating. To better control the appetite, it is often recommended to eat four or five times a day, small portions. This method, however, is not suitable for those who tend to overeat regardless of how hungry he or she sits down. Such people are best eaten three times a day; wherein each dish should contain optimum nutrients.
Diet for psoriasis - individual catering
January 20, 2014
- Diet for psoriasis - individual catering
- Therapeutic food
Reduced immunity, impaired metabolism
Improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting
and redox processes, endocrine dysfunction - problems that exist in each patient with psoriasis. Therefore, the right to choose a diet for psoriasis positive effect on the course of the disease.
Firing diet for psoriasis
CM. Ogneva believes that should be excluded from the diet of some products in psoriasis entirely.
The diet should be aimed at maintaining a certain acid-base balance in the body.
If you always keep a balance, then the person increases immunity, reduced skin rashes and arthritis symptoms subside.
Schelocheobrazuyuschih foods should be consumed in large quantities. These include fruits and vegetables. Exceptions are plums, prunes, black currants, blueberries. If a person suffers from psoriatic arthritis, he shall not eat citrus fruits (except grapefruit), raspberries, strawberries and strawberry. Avocados can not eat people who have elevated levels of uric acid and urea.
Diet for patients with psoriasis should include carrots, garlic, onions, broccoli, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, green beans, spinach and celery. They need to eat constantly, but with a few restrictions.
Psoriasis patients are prohibited to eat beans, peas, lentils and pomegranates, and grapes should be eaten with caution. Bananas, melons and raw apples are allowed, but only as an independent food, they can not be mixed with other products.
Meat, cheese, sugar, chicken, turkey, fish, butter, margarine and cereals increase the acid reaction in the human body. Patients with low-fat cottage cheese and allowed to yogurt, but milk use is prohibited. CM. Ogneva believes that you can not have psoriasis:
- Fat meat;
- Cane sugar;
- Chocolate and cocoa;
- Protein products;
- Products that contain preservatives, artificial additives and colorants;
- Seafood (crustaceans).
It is recommended to drink more water
How to drink water to lose weight
and add the juice of lime or lemon. However, it must stand in the refrigerator. Within three days, the patient should drink at least four liters of water with the juice (up to five fruits to this volume).
Diet for psoriasis by Pagano
Meals for psoriasis should maintain an optimal acid-alkaline balance in the body. For this patient the diet should contain about 70% and 30% schelocheobrazuyuschih acidifying products. To get the answer to the question that you can eat with psoriasis, it is advisable to read the following list. It includes such schelocheobrazuyuschih products like:
- Vegetables: carrots, celery, onions, lettuce, garlic, spinach, beets, cabbage, squash, broccoli, asparagus, squash, beets;
- Nuts: almonds, fresh coconut and walnuts, American walnut, all germinated seeds;
- Fruits and berries: all but five, which are acid-forming;
- Cheese: fresh with a soft crust, white cheese.
The content of acid-forming foods, which should include a menu in psoriasis, should be about three or four times less. It:
- Brussels sprouts, peas, lentils, peas, corn, rhubarb, dried beans;
- Cashews, hazelnuts, old walnuts, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dried coconut, flax;
- Currants, large prunes, cranberries, blueberries
Benefits and harms of blueberries: the health of the forest
- All other cereals except millet;
- Wild brown rice.
Also, people should be three or four times a week to eat eggs (cooked soft-boiled or scrambled eggs for a couple). The fish (tuna, cod, flounder, halibut, grouper, sardines, sturgeon, trout), there should be at least four times a week.
There are special tables for patients with psoriasis. Thanks to them it becomes more understandable diet in psoriasis, the table contains lists of permitted and prohibited foods and their permissible and undesirable combinations.
Nutritional care for psoriasis: additional recommendations
Proper nutrition for psoriasis also means that the patient does not need to use a range of products. It:
- Meat (beef, pork, and all the dishes that are cooked, liver, brain, heart). You also can not have both with lamb products, which are rich in starch;
- All products made with white flour;
- Dairy products with a high percentage of fat;
- Oily birds (geese, ducks), especially fried, smoked or with the addition of a large number of spices, poultry skin;
- Strawberries, strawberries and psoriatic arthritis - citrus fruits;
- Potatoes, tomatoes, paprika, pepper and eggplant;
- Crabs, shrimp, lobster, clams, fish, smoked, baked or fried in batter;
- No more than three cups of coffee per day.
Diet John Pagano in psoriasis provides that should be excluded from the diet as possible sugar and products that contain it, vinegar, alcohol and foods with dyes, artificial additives and preservatives and alcohol.
It is important to avoid any overdose of drugs, irregular bowel movements and constipation. Diet for psoriasis also includes compliance with the following rules:
- It is not necessary to combine in one meal whole grains (cereals, bread) with citrus, stewed or dried fruit and citrus and dairy products;
- Do not add in tea or coffee sugar, cream or milk;
- Melons, raw apples and bananas
Bananas: the benefits and harms health
you can not have with any other products;
- You can not eat at the same time a lot of acid products;
- You can never overeat;
- Sometimes it is possible to drink a little bit of white or red wine (about one hundred grams);
- Adding lecithin (strong alkaline products) for food and drink a tablespoon three times a day, five times a week;
- Eat alkaline mineral waters;
- It is strictly forbidden to smoke, as it increases the acid reaction.
Diet for psoriasis: menu
In advanced stages of the disease it is assigned to a diet that provides mechanical and chemical sparing the digestive tract. For this diet reduced fat content and the amount of proteins and carbohydrates remains unchanged.
If the disease is easier, the dietary restrictions are more lenient. Menu psoriasis week not necessarily include one or two days of unloading (meat, kefir, cottage cheese, kefir, vegetables, apple). Sample menu, fruit and vegetable diet:
- First breakfast: a salad of carrots, cabbage and apples with a little vegetable oil, hot decoction of the hips;
- Lunch: vegetable soup and fruit juice;
- Lunch: vegetarian soup, salad and a hundred grams of nuts;
- Snack: grated beets or carrots, broth from the hips;
- Dinner: salad, stewed fruit or juice.
During the day you can eat a hundred grams of bread from wheat flour. It is also permitted to use the thirty grams of sugar.
In psoriasis, violated metabolism, diet therapy and allows them to adjust. Individual diet doctor picks up, thus it should take into account the stage of the disease, the patient's age and the presence of comorbidity.