The diet for the treatment of cystitis - the right diet
August 9, 2013
- The diet for the treatment of cystitis - the right diet
- What foods to avoid
Food and drinks can be a natural remedy for cystitis, as may be the triggers of exacerbations. Adjusting the diet for the treatment of cystitis, can speed recovery and prevent relapses. The diet should include foods that increase the acidity of urine, and thus violate the vital activity of bacteria which cause cystitis.
Among the products, which increase the acidity of urine - Cranberry
Cranberries for health and beauty
, Plums, prunes, corn, lentils, whole wheat bread, peanuts and walnuts. In addition, it is necessary to use a sufficient amount of protein foods to maintain normal functioning kidney despite the infection. You should also eat more fresh food - vegetables, fruits, fish and meat that have not been pre-processing - as they have a general strengthening effect on the immune system.
Another simple recommendation for the treatment of cystitis and prevention in people prone to frequent relapses of the disease - Increase fluid intake to effectively rid the urinary system of possible pathogens. It is useful to drink blueberry and cranberry juice - they contain proanthocyanidins, which prevent pathogenic bacteria retained on the walls of the bladder.
Drinking cranberry juice daily can be, especially if your immune system is weakened, but it should be a natural juice instead of concentrate is dissolved in water, mixed with a fair amount of sugar. Very useful raspberry, strawberry and currant juice (such as black and red currant). Cystitis can also be treated using the juice of cucumber and celery (optional, you can mix it with other vegetable and fruit juices).
Start your day with a cup of warm water mixed with the juice of one lemon. Lemon juice increases the pH of the urine by restricting distribution and reproduction of bacteria.
Eat plenty of foods rich in antioxidants, and drink during the day as much as possible the water - so your body can get rid of the bacteria.
Items to be included in the diet for the treatment of cystitis
- Fresh coconuts;
- Alfalfa sprouts. Lucerne is a potent natural remedy for cystitis. Its extracts can be taken in capsule form, but it is best to add fresh alfalfa sprouts in salads and other dishes;
- Flaxseed. The infusion of flaxseed - is an old and effective natural remedy for the treatment of cystitis and other urinary tract infections. Just pour 30 g of flax seed in two cups of boiling water and let stand for 20-30 minutes. Strain the infusion and drink one cup twice daily;
- Butter (salt-free);
- Cow's milk;
- Goat milk;
- Vegetables (except peppers, tomatoes and beets);
- Corn silk. Tea made from corn stigmas is an effective natural remedy for cystitis. Buy corn silk can be in many stores specializing in the sale of herbal teas and natural food additives;
- Soya beans;
- Green bean;
- Quinoa and amaranth;
- Various herbal teas (for example, tea from the pharmacy chamomile, sage
Sage - cvyaschennaya grass
- Spices (except for the most serious);
- Vanilla extract;
- Fresh vegetables - especially green;
- Sea salt;
- Brewer's yeast;
- Unrefined oil, cold pressed;
- Plain yogurt, without aromatics, and other additives;
- Fresh natural honey;
- Brown rice;
- Pumpkin seeds. Tea made from dried, crushed pumpkin seeds is an excellent natural remedy for cystitis. Pour some crushed pumpkin seeds liter of boiling water, and boil them on low heat for 20-30 minutes. Remove the broth from the heat and allow to stand for a further 30 minutes. Drink a few cups of the broth during the day;
- Fruit juices;
- Vegetable juices;
- Spinach is a very good tool for the treatment of cystitis. Mix approximately equal amounts of spinach juice and coconut milk, and take 2-3 tablespoons of this mixture several times a day;
- Apple vinegar. Mix a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a cup of boiled water, and drink a cup of this drink during the day. Do not drink too much at one time, and try not to take this medicine on an empty stomach - vinegar may cause irritation to the gastrointestinal tract;
- Cucumbers and cucumber juice is an excellent tool against cystitis. Mix a tablespoon of lime juice and a teaspoon of honey with a fresh cucumber juice, and drink half a cup of this drink three times a day;
- In acute cystitis can be a few days to go to only fruit and vegetable diet, and drink only fresh juices and water (such a diet is recommended only for those who have a healthy stomach). If you have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, during bouts of acute cystitis eat so that your diet was as much liquids and "soft" foods (eg, soups, yogurt, cereals, and so on);
- Lemon juice has a lot of useful features - it has anti-inflammatory effect, cleanses the body of toxins and bacteria, acts as an antiseptic, and is one of the richest sources of vitamin C;
- Cranberry juice kills bacteria and viruses, prevent recurrences of cystitis and kidney stones. For the treatment of cystitis is recommended to drink 1-2 glasses of cranberry juice a day.
Some dietary supplements can be used for the treatment and prevention of cystitis. Those who are often ill cystitis, most experts recommend taking supplements containing vitamins A, E and C.
- Vitamin C limits bacterial growth and the urinary system, strengthens the immune system, helping the body fight infection and increases the acidity of urine.
- Vitamin E also increases resistance to infections.
- Vitamin A is essential for the health of all body tissues, including those which form the organs of the urinary system.
- Calcium supplements can help ease the symptoms of cystitis
Cystitis - symptoms: spasms, cramps and discomfort
As painful urination, and general discomfort in the pelvic area.
- Use of probiotics (Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria) might also be useful because they inhibit the multiplication of microorganisms causing cystitis
Cystitis: urgently take action
. These bacteria, which are found in some yogurts also help normalize the microflora, disturbed, for example, as a result of taking antibiotics (many women develop cystitis just after a course of antibiotic treatment).
- Avoid taking large doses of vitamin D - an excess of it can not only cause irritation of the urinary system, but also lead to the formation of kidney stones - people who have a predisposition to it.
Biochemical cell salts
Biochemical cell salts (or tissue salts) are also a natural remedy for cystitis. They can be used for both treatment and prevention of this disorder.
- Sodium sulfate helps with urinary incontinence and pain when urinating.
- Calcium phosphate and magnesium phosphate recommended for people who suffer from too frequent urination.