Egg diet for 1 week - in the footsteps of celebrities
December 2, 2014
As often happens, the egg diet
Egg diet - the full rehabilitation of eggs
It has started to gain popularity after a few mentions in the press that it can help lose weight able to stars. Especially since the egg diet for 1 week is not such an ordeal. Thus, according to rumors, Adrien Brody in preparation for her role in the film "The Pianist" has lost 14 kilos of it is due to the egg diet. According to the actor, his diet consisted of eggs for breakfast, a small piece of chicken and fresh vegetables at lunch and dinner - a small portion of fish with vegetables, steamed.
Types egg diet
There are several varieties of egg diet, moreover, many people make it their adjustments, depending on how quickly they need to lose weight, and some dietary restrictions, they can withstand.
Traditional egg diet - is the most popular version of this type of diet. The eggs in it - is not only a product, but they are the main source of protein. In general, this diet is a variation of the Atkins diet, which involves restriction of carbohydrates in the diet. During this diet you can eat:
- For breakfast - two or more eggs together with grapefruit, low-calorie vegetables (e.g., cucumbers and cabbage) or protein food with minimal fat and carbohydrate (e.g., nonfat cheese);
- At lunch - another batch of eggs or a small piece of fish or meat without visible fat;
- At dinner - one or two eggs or a small piece of chicken, turkey or fish.
The menu may also include low-calorie salads. In addition, there is allowed one or two servings of fruit per day. From foods high in carbohydrates such as bread, pasta or potatoes to the diet should be discarded.
Egg-grapefruit diet - is the same as the traditional egg diet, with one addition: before each meal should eat half a grapefruit. It is believed that the representative of the citrus family promotes weight loss by helping to control appetite better.
Radical egg diet. During this diet you can eat only hard-boiled eggs, and drink water
How to drink water to lose weight
or low-calorie beverages series of Crystal Light. This diet is highly recommended to avoid - in the first place, it does not provide the body with all it needs vitamins and minerals, and secondly, it is fraught with failures and overeating, which can quickly lead to the return of the lost kilos.
Advantages and disadvantages of egg diet
- Consumption of large amounts of protein, and limiting the amount of carbohydrates in the diet helps to better cope with an appetite;
- Products for the traditional egg diet are cheap - they can afford to almost everyone;
- Eggs - a rich source of quality protein and many vitamins and minerals;
- For the digestion of proteins the body spends more energy than the digestion of fats and carbohydrates, thus burning more calories (however, a significant difference can be seen only if you stick to the egg diet, at least for a month, and do not strongly recommended).
- The egg can not be called a diet balanced and varied diet, so it is possible to observe without risk to health is not more than two or three weeks in a row;
- Due to the lack of carbohydrates a person during the egg diet will be difficult to cope with the intensity of exercise. In addition, many people there are signs of adapting to a low-carb diet as headaches, slight dizziness, nausea, weakness, trouble concentrating;
- Eating a large amount of eggs can lead to constipation, bloating and bad breath;
- Because of the monotony of the diet increases the likelihood that a person can not stick to a diet for a long time;
- Egg diet is only suitable for quick weight loss, but not to maintain a normal weight.
Egg diet for 7 days - an example menu
During the diet you can eat in unlimited quantities following beverages: black coffee (no sugar), black tea, water with lemon juice, grapefruit juice, water.
Snack is better to avoid, but if you feel very hungry, you can eat the apple, pear, one or two whole-grain bread or a cup of yogurt.
- Breakfast: one boiled or fried egg, a toast, tomatoes (fresh or grilled);
- Lunch: fresh fruits and 150 ml of yogurt;
- Dinner: two boiled eggs, and vegetable salad.
- Breakfast: two boiled eggs, 100 g fat-free yogurt
Low-fat cottage cheese - a popular product among athletes and slimming
with berries or slices of fruit;
- Lunch: grilled or boiled chicken, salad of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers;
- Dinner: 70 grams of grilled meat and vegetable salad.
- Breakfast: grapefruit or orange, and one or two boiled eggs;
- Lunch: two boiled eggs and salad;
- Dinner: 70 grams of grilled lamb, a salad of cucumber and parsley.
- Breakfast: a toast and two boiled eggs;
- Lunch: fresh vegetables or berries, and 150 g of fat-free yogurt;
- Dinner: 80 grams of chicken or turkey, grilled and vegetable salad.
- Breakfast: one boiled egg, toast, two fresh cucumber, and 150 grams of yogurt;
- Lunch: fried eggs from two eggs and a salad of tomato and parsley
Parsley Health and Beauty
- Dinner: 120 grams of baked salmon or canned tuna, vegetable salad.
- Breakfast: one hard-boiled egg, a glass of fruit juice, 150 grams of fat-free yogurt;
- Lunch: fresh fruit and 150 grams of yogurt;
- Dinner: 90 grams of grilled chicken, cabbage and carrots.
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs from two eggs, salad of tomatoes and cucumbers;
- Lunch: boiled chicken and braised spinach;
- Dinner: one boiled egg and salad.
Vegetarian Diet - Treats or maim?
April 15, 2014
- Vegetarian Diet - Treats or maim?
- For children
A vegetarian diet is still a matter of controversy between its supporters and opponents. Although it is obvious benefits, particularly in certain diseases, it's worth to learn more on this issue, before you start to change your diet.
I'm a vegetarian and vegan diet
The simplest definition of vegetarianism - a diet that excludes meat, fish and poultry. But eating habits of vegetarians cover a very wide range. At one end are ovolaktovegetariantsy who avoid eating animal meat, but eat eggs and dairy products. At the other end are vegans, who refuse to have (and often wearing) all animal products, including honey. Raw foodists - a strict vegetarians who eat mostly raw fruits, vegetables, legumes and nuts.
There are also pesketariantsy - vegetarians, not excluding fish and seafood, and laktovegetariantsy who eat dairy products but not eggs. Fruitarians follows a diet that includes fruits, nuts, seeds and other plant products. Those who follow a macrobiotic diet, eating mainly corn, but can eat and fish. They do not necessarily themselves as vegetarians.
You may be worried that you will not get all the nutrients you need, if you stick to a vegetarian diet. But if you eat a variety of foods, there are only a few things that you should pay special attention.
- Calcium for vegetarians who do not eat dairy products. If you do not poluchaetekaltsy from dairy products, you need to have a lot of other foods rich in calcium. Calcium-fortified breakfast cereals, soy milk and orange juice are good choices. Calcium-fortified foods mean that the manufacturer has added calcium in them. Other foods that contain calcium include certain legumes, some leafy green vegetables, nuts, seeds, and tofu. If you do not use calcium-fortified foods, ask your doctor whether you should take a daily calcium added in the form of supplements.
- Vitamin D for vegetarians who do not eat dairy products. Getting enough calcium and vitamin D is important for bone health. Vegans who do not eat dairy products may use soy milk and breakfast cereals.
- Iron. Getting enough iron is not a problem for vegetarians who eat a variety of foods. Our body does not absorb iron from plant foods as well as meat. So it is important for vegetarians regularly eat iron-rich foods. Vegetarian iron sources include cooked dry beans, peas and lentils, leafy green vegetables, and iron-fortified cereals. And foods rich in vitamin C, can help your body absorb iron.
- Vitamin B12 for vegans. Vitamin B12 is only an animal origin. If you're vegan, you need to rely on foods that are rich in this vitamin (such as soy milk and breakfast cereals) or take nutritional supplements
Food additives - basic classification
. This is especially important for vegans, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Like other people, vegetarians should also make sure that they are getting the following nutrients:
- Protein. When considering a vegetarian diet, many people are concerned that they will not get enough protein. But there is a great variety of protein-rich foods such as soya, beans, cereals, nuts and seeds. They will give you the amount of protein in what you need.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. If you do not eat fish or eggs, you need to find other good sources of omega-3 fatty acids such as hemp seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, some leafy green vegetables, soybean oil and rapeseed oil.
- Zinc. Our body absorbs Zinc better when he is in the flesh than in the case of plants. But vegetarians do not usually have problems in obtaining a sufficient amount of zinc if they eat a lot of other foods that are good sources of it - it's whole wheat bread, beans, lentils, soy products and vegetables.
Reasons for becoming vegetarian
Many adherents of vegetarianism and veganism - Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney and actor Alec Baldwin is one of the few celebrities who are happy to assist trends - consider diet that excludes eating flesh, not only healthier, but also more ethical, it is their position in life. They point to the brutal practices and higher environmental costs, aimed at raising animals for human consumption, as some of the reasons for exclusion of meat from the diet.
Most Americans, for example, but still eat certain types of meat or fish. In 2008, the online survey commissioned by the vegetarian organization, set the number of Americans who do not eat meat or fish - the figure was 3, 2%, or 7, 3 million. Adults.