- Treatment of cystitis - in which cases need hospitalization
- Medical treatment
- What to do
- Effective methods
- Homeopathic medicines
- Grandma means
- Folk remedies
- At home
- Among women
- When pregnancy
- When breastfeeding
Cystitis - is the medical term used to describe diseases of the bladder. In most cases, an inflammation caused by a bacterial infection; used for such diseases common name - urinary tract infection (UTI). Bladder infections often cause pain and discomfort, and can cause serious health problems if the infection spreads to the kidneys.
Much less cystitis
Cystitis: urgently take action
It arises as a reaction to certain medications, radiation therapy or potential irritants such as hygiene sprays, spermicidal gels, as well as the continued use of the catheter. Cystitis, moreover, it can be a complication of certain diseases.
Bacterial cystitis usually treated with antibiotics. Other types of cystitis Treatment depends on the underlying cause of the disease.
The most common symptoms of cystitis are:
- Strong and very frequent urination
- Burning sensation when urinating
- If frequent urination leaves a very small amount of urine
- The presence of blood in the urine (hematuria)
- Cloudy or has a strong odor of urine
- Discomfort in the pelvic area
- The feeling of pressure in the lower abdomen
- The slight rise in body temperature
In young children, symptoms of cystitis may be enuresis. It can also point to UTI, especially if symptoms of enuresis
Enuresis or urinary incontinence - how not to run a disease?
manifested by night or day, at least once a week.
Required as soon as possible and contact your doctor if, in addition to the above symptoms, you have such signs of kidney infection, such as:
- Pain in the back or side
- Fever or chills
- Nausea and vomiting
If it is very frequent desires and extremely painful urination continues over several hours, or if you notice blood in your urine, contact your doctor.
It should also consult a doctor if symptoms of cystitis
Cystitis - symptoms: spasms, cramps and discomfort
there after you have been treated with antibiotics against the disease. You may need other medicines.
For the treatment of cystitis are most commonly used antibiotics. Which antibiotics appoint, and what should be the duration of treatment is decided depending on the test results.
Often the symptoms of cystitis weakened the next day after you start taking antibiotics. However, depending on the severity of the infection, they must be taken from three days to one week. Regardless of how soon the symptoms have disappeared, and how long the treatment prescribed by a doctor, it is important to take the medicine for as long as it was recommended to make sure that the infection is truly healed, and not temporary "lurking."
When recurrent UTIs may need a longer course of antibiotics.
The treatment of interstitial cystitis complicated by the fact that the cause of the inflammation is unclear. Typically, to alleviate the condition assigned therapy designed to reduce the symptoms of, inter alia, the reception special medications, electrical nerve stimulation, and other methods.
When non-infectious cystitis is important to find out what caused it. To do this, identify the stimulus (for example, abandon the use of some cosmetics and observe the reaction of the body). Usually, the symptoms of cystitis are a few days after the elimination of the stimulus.
If cystitis is a complication of chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment usually consists in the use of analgesics. After completing the course chemotherapy or radiotherapy cystitis usually goes.
The main methods of treatment of cystitis - a treatment drug, suggesting a short course of taking strong antibiotics and treatment alone, with the help of traditional medicine that can suppress the symptoms of cystitis as effectively in mild cases of infection.
Self-treatment of cystitis
In mild cases of infection, that is, with uncomplicated cystitis, suppress the symptoms in the following ways:
- Taking available in pharmacies without a prescription pain killers (best to choose drugs with anti-inflammatory properties). Taking such drugs must be in strict accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- By reducing the acidity of the urine due to the soda solution one or two times a day to drink a glass of water with dissolved in it a half a teaspoon of ordinary baking soda. Have similar effects and formulations which include the bicarbonate of sodium or potassium citrate (potassium citrate) - such means can usually purchased in pharmacies without a prescription. Reducing the acidity of urine helps suppress unpleasant burning sensation when urinating and pain accompanying cystitis.
- By increasing the amount of fluid consumed, thereby accelerating the process of "washing out" bacteria from the bladder.
Drug treatment of cystitis
Doctors recommend to treat cystitis antibiotics which will have to take over three to six days. The course of treatment with antibiotics should be completed even if symptoms of cystitis disappear before the end of treatment to completely destroy the bacterial culture, provoke cystitis. Taking antibiotics, you must comply with the dosage indicated by the doctor or the manufacturer.
If symptoms of cystitis do not disappear even after the course of antibiotics, you should always consult a doctor - this may indicate the presence of resistance (immunity) of the bacteria to the selected drug.
Typically, drug treatment of cystitis used drugs for oral use - such antibiotics reduce the risk of spreading the infection to the kidneys. For the treatment of uncomplicated urinary tract infection antibiotics course duration is three days for women and seven for men fourteen days. When complicating circumstances - for example, during pregnancy or diabetes - the duration of a course of antibiotics for the treatment of cystitis is from seven to fourteen days.
The most common antibiotics used to treat cystitis - trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, amoxicillin, and preparations doxycyline fluorohinolonov group. To suppress the pain caused by cystitis, or apply the standard analgesic drugs available in pharmacies without a prescription, or phenazopyridine hydrochloride. For the entire period of treatment of cystitis is recommended to increase the amount of fluids you drink.
The main methods of treatment of chronic cystitis
- A single dose of an antibiotic after intercourse for the prevention of cystitis, the symptoms of which are aggravated after sexual activity.
- Duration, over several weeks or even months, antibiotics in extremely low doses for the prevention of cystitis.
- Acceptance of drugs and reducing the acidity of urine (eg containing ascorbic acid or cranberry juice).
Lack of effect of antibiotics, even after prolonged course of treatment may indicate interstitial cystitis
Interstitial cystitis - inflammation of the bladder
- A rare, chronic inflammation of the bladder wall infectious nature. For treatment of interstitial cystitis conventional methods are not suitable.