Warts - is limited warty growths mucous membranes and skin, which can become inflamed and ulcerated. The disease is chronic and widespread in developed countries.
Types of warts and their causes
Warts are the following types:
- Extensive warts - mushroom growths with a wide base. They usually occur in syphilis and yaws (a chronic skin disease, the cause of which is the pallidum).
- Genital warts. They have thin legs and lobed structure with a plurality of protrusions, in appearance reminiscent of cauliflower or raspberries.
Genital warts - a disease which is caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV) types of the sixth and eleventh. Infection with HPV is most often occurs through contact with infected skin or mucous membranes (usually sexually). It can also be domestic infection, but it is much rarer. Probably infected children during childbirth.
The virus, which has remained in the skin and mucous accumulates and multiplies within cells. First, it occurs in the deeper layers, but HPV gradually moves to the surface. Cells in which the virus is, start uncontrollably share a portion of skin or mucous membrane grows and formed warts.
HPV may be the cause of the flat warts of the cervix
Cervical warts - possibly precancerous condition
- The most dangerous manifestations of infection. This is due to a possible transition of the state to cervical cancer.
Manifestations of warts
This infection may be long dormant (latent) condition and does not appear at this time. This period can last from several weeks to several years, but an average of three months.
Warts can have the following location:
- The skin of the perineum
- Large and small labia
- The clitoris
- Outside the urethral opening
- The head of the penis
- The inner leaf of the foreskin
- The skin of the scrotum and the shaft of the penis
- Perianal area (around the anus)
- Oral cavity
The disease begins with the appearance in these areas of small nodules clustered pink, which gradually grow. Sometimes warts long time do not change their number and size. These structures can be injured, bleeding and disrupt normal sexual life. Warts cause psychological discomfort, reduced self-esteem because of the cosmetic defect. They may also become an obstacle during childbirth.
To diagnose genital warts, your doctor is usually sufficient inspection. In a typical course of the disease to identify and define the type of HPV is not required. All patients with genital warts have to be tested for HIV and syphilis
Syphilis - punishment of Venus
. The main method of diagnosis of genital warts are wide inspection and confirmation of the presence of syphilis or yaws patient laboratory methods. For the diagnosis of flat warts will require inspection of the cervix during colposcopy.
Women often take for genital warts mikropapillomatoz labia. It is a separate small nodules symmetrically disposed within the vestibule and the inner surface of the labia minora. But this condition is not a disease. In men, genital warts are sometimes confused with papular necklace penis (symmetrical knots diameter of about one millimeter in bridles and head), which is also a variant of the norm.
There are many treatments for warts, though none of them is universal. All of them are symptomatic. This means that each of these methods is directed only to the removal or reduction in symptoms, but will still remain HPV in humans.
The most common treatments for warts
Warts - treatment must be expert
- Cryosurgery with liquid nitrogen. This technique is well tolerated and does not require anesthesia. Warts are destroyed by low temperatures and scarring after this almost never happens.
- Electrocoagulation - impact on warts heat. Unlike the previous method, wherein the method requires anesthesia. In place of the deleted warts may remain scars.
- Laser removal of warts. This method is a reserve (spare), and start with a treatment of genital warts is not recommended. After the laser exposure and may remain scars.
- Podophyllotoxin (Kondilin) - herbal drug that causes necrosis (death of) warts. Despite the fact that it is intended for self-use, the drug is recommended only after consulting your doctor. Podoksifillin is contraindicated in pregnant women due to the fact that it adversely affects fetal development. Therefore, women of childbearing age should give up sex life during treatment or during this period to show them reliable contraception.
- Interferon. The drug cut away the warts, and administered intramuscularly. Often during treatment with flu-like condition: fever, chills, malaise. It is a side effect of interferon, which makes it difficult to use.
The method of treatment of genital warts are individually selected by the attending physician. This takes into account the number and location of growths. Sometimes it is possible independent warts disappear, so in some cases, the doctor may advise not to carry out the treatment.
In order to avoid relapse (re-formation of genital warts), to avoid the factors that reduce immunity: hypothermia, fatigue, smoking, alcohol abuse, severe stress and vitamin deficiencies.
Treatment of flat warts
Flat warts - the most dangerous form
It conducted a comprehensive and combines removal of tumors and strengthening therapy. To remove warts most often used cryosurgery, electrocoagulation, laser therapy, chemical destruction and radiosurgery.
Extensive warts disappear during the treatment of the diseases against which they are incurred. Usually used for this purpose antibiotics.
Regardless of the type of warts in patients with the first signs of the disease should consult a doctor. This will allow timely treatment and avoid adverse effects.