Anorexia: symptoms, causes and control of terrible diseases - Causes and Symptoms
December 1, 2011
- Anorexia: symptoms, causes and control of terrible diseases
- Causes and symptoms
The symptoms of anorexia
A person with anorexia
Anorexia nervosa - symptoms and effects on the body
He is trying to hide it, so his relatives can be difficult to notice the first signs of anxiety. When a patient begins to talk about what he eats properly, he justifies it to various reasons (eg, stress or the fact that just wants to lose some weight, but soon again be fed as it should). But as the disease progresses, it will be difficult not to notice either to the patient or his relatives. By this time the thoughts about food and weight become obsessions, people will often be weighed, look in the mirror, and he will continue to feel that it weighs too much and, therefore, it is necessary to continue to limit yourself to food.
- Obsession with calories, fat content in food. The patient reads books about food, talking about food, you can not hesitate to tell you how many calories are in green olives, and how much - in black, and so on.
- The patient is deceiving when asked about nutrition. If someone in the family will insist that he has eaten, he may, for example, say that to eat in your room, take a plate and then throw away the contents. Often, the suggestions they meet to eat that just a bite, or stomach ache, and they will eat later.
- Concerns about food. Anorexics constantly thinking about food. They can cook for others, collect recipes, make plans for food while they themselves eat very little.
- Strange and secret rituals of the meal. They usually refuse to eat in the company of someone else, or in public places. Anorexic eating alone and often quite unusual ways (eg, chew food and spit it on a separate plate).
Signs of anorexia
- The dramatic reduction in weight. The patient loses weight very quickly, so that it begins to be evident.
- Fixation on body image and weight. Anorexic obsessed with their weight, and eventually it becomes their sole interest in life.
- A very critical attitude to their appearance. They see a lot of shortcomings, seek out fat deposits where they are long gone, and are finding new reasons to continue to sit on a diet.
- The denial of the fact that they too are thin. Anoreksiki try to hide from others that their weight is much lower than normal (for example, before weighing some of them drink a lot of water and wear wide, baggy clothes).
Psychological causes of anorexia
Anorexia nervosa - a disease perfectionists and people who are prone to produce a very high demands. It is those who are taught from childhood to be good, to strive for the most vyskoim results, please everybody. And even if they all did it, inside they feel helpless, useless, useless, as is the case with people who do not like the way they are, and want to see only their idealized images. They have a lifetime of habit continue to look for flaws in himself and eradicate them, at times, the most radical ways.
The pressure of family and society
In today's society, the concept of the West and the demand for success is tied to beauty, youth and slimness. Anorexia can develop in those who are too zealously strives to meet this requirement.
The family may also have an impact on the development of anorexia. For example, if the parents are trying to bring the child to the occupation for which the essential harmony and flexibility (gymnastics, dance), and the child to do at least a little overweight, he may develop a complex that it will start to overcome limiting your diet. Criticism of the parents to the child's appearance may also be a trigger anorexia. Any stressful situation - separation from a loved one, the conflicts in school, fail in the exam, the dismissal are likely triggers of the disorder.
The biological causes of anorexia
Researchers involved in the study of anorexia, have suggested that susceptibility to the disease can be inherited.
Biochemistry is also of great importance here. Patients with anorexia inflated levels of cortisol
Cortisol - the hormone of the adrenal cortex
, A stress hormone, and low levels of serotonin and norepinephrine, hormones that are responsible for a good mood and ability to cope with stress
How to beat stress? Create an oasis
Major risk factors for anorexia:
- Dissatisfaction with his body
- The habit of sitting on a rigid diet
- Low self-esteem
- The difficulty in expressing their feelings
- Complex family relationships
- Transferred past physical or sexual abuse
- Eating disorders in the family history
How to reduce appetite: help folk remedies or medicine? - Recommendations
July 8, 2010
- How to reduce appetite: help folk remedies or medicine?
Why do I get an increased appetite
The reasons for the increased appetite can be a lot. But most of the increased appetite is a consequence of psychological problems. Food becomes both a substitute for happiness and a sedative. First, increased appetite "attacks" on the man only in times of stress, but over time it becomes a constant companion of man. That is formed neurosis
Neurosis - reaction to the nervous shock
, A condition in which normal with the help of food. It forms in patients with a constant feeling of guilt, which causes them to be removed by means of vomiting eaten regularly sit on diets. This is a disease that is called bulimia, and it is even more compounded if there are any problems with the endocrine system or the digestive tract.
However, bulimia is not all, but many worries increased appetite, which is most often associated with irregular eating habits. Increased appetite may occur and lack of sleep when a person feels a lack of energy and chill.
What should be done to reduce appetite
First of all, if there were problems with appetite expressed and it resembles the bulimia, need to see a doctor to carry out examination and treatment. And people with common problems can help the following tips:
- adjust your day to eat on the clock, in small portions, arranging between breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, small snacks in the form of fruits, nuts and seeds, thus deliberately suppressing your appetite;
- In no case did not adhere to strict diets - is a direct path to bulimia and other mental problems; We must firmly know the basic principles of nutrition and stick to them; Remember: if the diet is not enough of some components, the person begins to feel hunger;
- half an hour before a meal you can drink a glass of water - this will dilute the gastric juice, and reduce hunger; water can not be replaced by juice (even freshly squeezed) - juice stimulates the appetite;
- start eating better with salad from fresh fruits and vegetables; there should be slowly, chewing food thoroughly - saturation does not occur immediately, but only after 20-30 minutes;
- sleep - for each person during sleep
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
individual, someone needs 8-9 hours to sleep and someone enough for 5-6 hours;
- lead an active lifestyle and how you can spend more time outdoors - it normalizes metabolism, and therefore the appetite;
- avoid stress, and if it does it is already impossible, you need to learn to deal with them with the help of food and other means; better if you teach these methods psychotherapist, but something can be done yourself.
Is it possible to suppress the appetite to take any drugs? Only on prescription - usually a strong psychotropic drugs that suppress the centers in the brain responsible for appetite. They have many contraindications and therefore only available in pharmacies by prescription. Chinese dietary supplements that are advertised as pure vegetable substances, it is not necessary to make - they can be life-threatening, as sometimes contain potent drugs, the presence of which is not indicated on the package.
Folk remedies for reducing appetite
Appetite suppressants can be used tested folk remedies:
- three cloves of garlic
Garlic health: almost a panacea
grate, pour a liter of boiled water at room temperature and put in a dark place at night, take a tablespoon 30 minutes before meals;
- 30 minutes before the food you can eat a small leaf of aloe
Aloe - its amazing healing properties
- glass washed oat pour a liter of cold water, bring to a boil, boil for 10 minutes, cool, strain and drink throughout the day;
- two teaspoons of dried crushed roots elecampane evening put in a thermos, pour a glass of boiling water, leave overnight, strain and drink a quarter cup in 30 minutes before a meal.
Therapeutic methods of suppressing appetite
Psychotherapeutic management is very much and when used correctly, they have a great impact, because our body controls brain. If you learn to transmit information, which is owned by your mind, the subconscious mind, the body will obey you in everything.
Here is a simple psychological techniques (creating a trigger mechanism) to suppress appetite:
- We enter into a state of mild retardation: a lying or sitting in a quiet environment close your eyes, take a deep breath and exhale three times, mentally pronounce imagine (mentally draw) three-digit; It does the same thing twice, with the numbers one and two; out: take a breath - three, three, three; take a breath - two - two - two; inhale-exhale - one - one - one;
- rub the index finger of his right hand and the root of the nose, mentally or aloud, saying, "Now, every time I rub the root of the nose, I would have lost appetite, I will not eat, but on a small scale";
- then count from three to one, and open your eyes; This exercise should be done at night and in the morning (just after sleep) for a week, then before each meal, simply rub the root of the nose to appetite.
Maybe someone did not immediately get a fully suppress appetite, but the thrust of such exercises technique can master any people. With this technique you can instantly evoke a sense of calm in stressful situations just by changing the command ("I am calm").