Child suicide: a terrible despair
July 12th, 2011
Suicide in terms of the psychiatrist - can it be prevented?
- The phrase is simply impossible in its meaning. But about three percent of children and adolescents, who are still to come, thinking their lives cut short for some reasons that parents do not even realize. Suicides committed as children from disadvantaged backgrounds and with favorable. Sometimes they do it, even for a company or group. So what is it - a children's suicide?
- Children under the age of ten to eighteen, in the process of transition from childhood to adulthood associated with a complete rebuild of the psyche, breaking stereotypes and many other factors that accompany adulthood. In other age groups, suicide attempts are much rarer.
- Children who have lost the psychological bond with family, especially with his mother, whom no one to help survive the stressful period.
- Children trapped in a hostile environment, for example, move to another city or transferred to another school class.
- Children who experience the loss of a loved one, the risk is increased if the losses were a few in a short period of time.
- Impressionable and vulnerable children whose attitude becomes incompatible with life.
- Children who spend a lot of time playing computer games that have lost an innate sense of danger and they are embodying themselves with computer characters, boldly marching under the wheels of the car, forgetting that they have only one life.
How does this happen
The child may end his life any way he knew about which he knows from movies, cartoons, books, stories of other people and news feeds. Selects usually fast and affordable: jumping from a window, balcony or a roof, throws herself under the wheels of the car, he hung up. Acts as quickly as if afraid to change your mind, so to stop the suicide attempt of the Child is almost impossible.
At the age of fourteen to eighteen years of age are very common suicide group, which occur either simultaneously or one after the other. For lovers teens can jump out of the window together as a protest against the fact that they are forbidden to meet. Classmates can thus show their dissatisfaction with the behavior of the teacher. A series of suicide causes and untimely death of a teen idol, and if the world had a popular idol, even suicide among adolescents reverberate around the world.
Cases of suicidal leaving children in six years. At this age, a child in such a way is trying to attract attention, not realizing that from the grave not rise again.
How to prevent
Whatever was not a spontaneous suicide of the child, the child's mind while still being prepared for him, which can be expressed very real actions:
- The child begins to start talking about the deaths, including suicides and eagerly listening to information, often fantasizing on the subject, watching the reaction of loved ones.
- A desire to be alone.
- All the time skips phrase: "Nobody loves me", "I'm no use to anyone."
- The child suddenly begins to give her things around, the teen suggests a careful order in the room and in their things.
If parents notice the suspicious behavior of the child, it is necessary to postpone everything and be at this time with him, to go along for the ride, take a common cause, and, perhaps, turn to a psychologist.
Statistics show that more than half of the parents did not notice changes in behavior and the psychological mood of the child, as children are often afraid to upset their parents, they can carefully hide their emotions
Emotions and culture: how to decipher the emotional code
and solve their problems ways available to them, including committing suicide.
Many children thus do not want to die, they just express their protest so.
Therefore, parents of school-age children, you have to be always very attentive and friendly to them, keeping in mind that only love can keep a man on this earth.
Baby theft: the causes of antisocial behavior
July 11, 2011
Any change in the child's behavior for the worse - it is alarming signs that can not be missed. Baby theft can be a problem any prosperous family. And when faced with it, you should look for the reasons, first of all, not in the child and in his relationship with his parents and relatives. In most cases, the theft - a sign that the baby just needs attention.
All possible causes of child stealing is not listed, but psychologists are three main ones: the psychological distress, undeveloped child representation of morality and a strong desire to have a certain thing.
Theft as a reaction to trauma
Systematic theft, which does have a child of their loved ones - this is a serious cause for alarm and turn to a psychologist. Most often, such theft is not intended to gain or revenge. As a rule, children are not aware of why they do it. The reason for this behavior lies in the emotional coldness and even hostility between the parents, lack of attention the child - such a strange way the children indicate that they need support, care and attention to all family members. However, starting to steal the baby even more pushes away the parents, which ultimately leads to irreversible consequences, a vicious circle.
Tensions in the family, the coldness of the parents towards the child and can lead to the fact that as a consolation, he will look for a suitable company outside the home. Sometimes children do not find anything better than to buy the friendship of their peers and to win their position by any means, and theft - one of them.
Theft as a gap in the moral education
Moral formation of the child is influenced by his entourage. All the moral principles and rules, including the notion of their own and other property are laid in early childhood. And if the parents are not in a timely manner to explain the difference between their own and other thing, it is unlikely that a child would guess about yourself.
Typically, to four years the child has clearly shaped the concept of "their" and "foreign" things. However, it happens that even a six-year children can just pick up and usurp their favorite subject, not realizing that make something invalid. And in this case, the responsibility lies entirely with the parents, who could not in time to explain to a child the elementary: what a stranger thing is that in any case it is impossible to take without asking what the consequences might be for such a misdemeanor.
If you can not, but really want
There is a popular saying: "If you can not, but really want, you can." A child even realizing he was doing bad, sometimes can not resist the theft. This usually occurs when the parents are for some reason limited in the child's pocket money, sweets and toys. As a result, it may simply not be able to resist the strong desire to have some thing which had long dreamed of.
The most common cases of such thefts are not repeated, because the child already formed identity and moral concepts. He understands that you can not take someone else's, ashamed of his act in the future does not commit theft.
Prevention of child antisocial behavior
The main condition of the child's psychological well-being is a friendly participation and support of parents in all that concerns him. Careful attention to the child allows time to detect possible deviations in behavior. And as the main prevention of many problems, including child stealing, serves frank conversation based on mutual trust between parent and child. In addition, the calm discussion of the problem could be a major weapon in the elimination of its consequences.