Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine - a lot of symptoms of different nature - How to Cope
December 4, 2013
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine - a lot of symptoms of different nature
- Symptoms and consequences
- How to cope
How to cope
Is there a cure osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis - learn how to properly distribute the weight
cervical spine? Unfortunately, it is impossible to completely cure osteochondrosis. The fact that the spinal discs have a very poor blood supply, so they stop the process of destruction of the combined action is possible, and rebuild what have been destroyed, - no.
So what to do with cervical osteochondrosis
Cervical osteochondrosis - the lot of office workers
How to rid yourself of the pain? Acute low back pain cervical spine treated by means of gentle correct position of the spine, pain killers and relieves spasms of the neck muscles drugs. These preparations are administered as injections, capsules or tablets for oral administration, rectal suppositories, as well as creams, gels and ointments for topical application. You can combine the analgesic effect of drugs with physiotherapy - curative effect will be more significant. For example, electrophoresis is very effective neck area with novocaine and hydrocortisone
Hydrocortisone - a drug that could save the life of the patient
Once reduced pain, prescribe physiotherapy (physiotherapy - LFK). Gymnastics in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is the main method of treatment, all other methods - auxiliary. Classes begin in the prone position, then when the pain finally are in a state of sitting and standing, very slowly and gradually increasing load exercise therapy under medical supervision.
During the first sessions it is recommended to not more than three or four exercises, repeating each of them three - five times. But slowly (very slowly, under the control of pain) the amount of exercise and the number of repetitions increases. And only after a set of exercises will be fully matched, classes will be subject in the home. Important in these classes - it regularly and a gradual build-up of stress. You can not make circular rotation of the head - it increases the load on the cervical spine. When osteochondrosis of the cervical spine will lead to increased pain and lengthening the period of exacerbation.
A set of exercises for patients with cervical osteochondrosis
- Starting position - standing or sitting on a chair, his hands dropped down; slowly and gently turn your head to the right as far as possible without pain, and then just as slowly return to starting position and turn your head to the left; Complete the exercise 5-10 times;
- Starting position - standing or sitting on a chair, his hands dropped down; lower his head, trying to squeeze as much as possible chin to your chest, then lift and take the starting position; Complete the exercise 5-10 times;
- Starting position - standing or sitting on a chair, his hands dropped down; slowly and gently tilt the head back while pulling the chin; Complete the exercise 5-10 times;
- Starting position - standing or sitting on a chair; put one palm on your forehead and press it, preventing an active tilt your head forward for a few seconds; a time to relax and repeat the exercise; Complete the exercise 5-10 times;
- Starting position - standing or sitting on a chair; put his hand on his head in the temporal region, preventing an active tilt your head to the side for a few seconds; a time to relax and repeat the exercise on the other side; Complete the exercise 5-10 times;
- Starting position - standing or sitting on a chair; put both hands on one another under the chin, preventing active tilt your head to your chest for a few seconds; a time to relax and repeat the exercise on the other side; Complete the exercise 5-10 times;
- Starting position - standing or sitting on a chair; put both hands on one another in the area of the neck, preventing the active tilt your head back for a few seconds; a time to relax and repeat the exercise on the other side; Complete the exercise 5-10 times;
- Starting position - standing or sitting on a chair, his hands dropped down; maximum lift your shoulders and hold in this position for a few seconds, then lower the shoulders, relax all the muscles of the neck and shoulders and take a deep breath; I feel the heavy hands pull your shoulders down for a few seconds; Complete the exercise 5-10 times.
What are the conditions you need to follow patients with osteochondrosis of the cervical
First you need to properly equip your bed. The base must be flat bed. If there is no special latex mattress, the mattress under the ordinary can put a wooden shield. On top of it can be covered by one or two thin enough soft mattresses.
Pillow with cervical osteochondrosis should be small, it is better to use special orthopedic pillows that have special cushions for the neck - the neck should be raised - this provides good blood circulation in the brain.
Patients with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine should also remember that you can not make sharp turns of the head, the rotational head movements. You can not stay long in the same position with tilted or turned to one side of his head. If it's working posture, during the working day to do some athletic five-minute breaks, during which you can perform some gymnastic exercises relieve tension from the muscles of the neck.
In addition to physical therapy sessions is to increase the overall motor activity - it will help to improve metabolism
Metabolism: The basis of life of all living things
Including in the spine. This will also help to correct balanced diet. Only a healthy lifestyle can be given a chance to live free of pain for people suffering from osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
Spondylosis - when the defense gives up - What are the symptoms
August 16, 2009
- Spondylosis - when the defense gives up
- As shown
How does spondylosis
In some cases, spondylosis is asymptomatic and is detected as a random finding in radiological studies on another occasion. In most cases this corresponds to the initial stages of its development and shows little bony growths. At this stage of spondylosis may manifest mild pain at the beginning of movement, passing after a workout, and some limited mobility of the spine. Pain may disappear and appear again. The occurrence of pain associated with both bone spurs, and spasm of the back muscles.
Stronger and persistent pain occurs in the second stage of the disease, they are accompanied by limited mobility of the spine and fatigue.
In stage III disease bony growths, reaching toward each other, come into contact and fuse to form a single conglomerate, which blocks the movement in the relevant region of the spine. At this stage the pain disappear, but the corresponding increases stiffness of the spine.
Spondylosis often combined with other metabolic diseases of the spine, such as osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis - learn how to properly distribute the weight
To diagnose spondylosis, it is necessary to carry out X-ray examination of the spine. The X-ray is usually clearly visible beak bony prominences.
When expressed pain applies painkillers, usually a non-hormonal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) - Voltaren
Voltaren - relieve inflammation and pain
, Nice, etc. Local anesthetics are used ointments and solutions, they rub the painful area. Appointed as repeated courses of massage and physical therapy, physiotherapy, hydrotherapy.
Therapeutic exercise at spondylosis makes it possible by activating muscle activity improve the blood circulation in the area of the spine, to maintain a satisfactory level of functional state of muscles and maintain mobility of the spine. At various stages of the disease take different approaches to physical therapy appointment.
Exercises are performed primarily in the provisions to ensure unloading of the spine, such as lying down or on all fours. Only with mild expressed pain syndrome individual exercises are performed in a standing position. Use exercises that strengthen the muscles of the back and abdomen, improves the function of the chest. Therapeutic exercise is carried out against a background of reduced load on the spine, often in conjunction with the appointment of wearing special orthopedic corset.
Prevention is the proper load on the spine, which should correspond to the degree of muscle development, a balanced diet, maintaining a normal body weight.