Zyrtec - a remedy for allergies for the whole family
March 26, 2009
- Zyrtec - a remedy for allergies for the whole family
- Using Zirteka
Zyrtec - a cure for allergies, which is the active ingredient cetirizine relating to non-sedating antihistamines. Zirteka effect is achieved by preventing the action of histamine.
What is histamine?
Histamine - a substance that is produced by the body in the course of his defense mechanisms. It is stored in mast cells of almost all body tissues. When the body reacts to any foreign substances (known as allergens; these include, for example, pollen), an allergen stimulates the fat cells and they release histamine.
The released histamine binds to its receptors (H1 receptors), causing a chain reaction that results in the appearance of getting allergic symptoms. Consequence is an increase in blood flow to the areas affected by allergies, and the release of other chemicals, which is also part of the answer to the contact with the allergen.
If hay fever, for example, histamine causes inflammation of the nasal mucosa, eyes, skin or respiratory tract, because of what the patient has symptoms such as itching, allergic rhinitis, sneezing, and nasal congestion.
How does zirtek?
Cetirizine blocks the histamine receptors. It does not prevent the release of histamine from mast cells, but does not allow it to bind to their receptors. This in turn prevents the production of other chemicals involved in the allergic response, and by thus reducing blood flow occurs relief of typical symptoms of hay fever.
Zyrtec is also used to alleviate such conditions as chronic idiopathic urticaria. This is a chronic itchy rash, similar to hives, appearing for no apparent reason. By blocking the action of histamine itch becomes weaker, and the rash reduced. Non-sedating antihistamine Zyrtec is called, as it does not affect the brain.
Sedation when receiving Zirteka
Antihistamines, unreleased until recently, all to a greater or lesser extent, has a sedative effect - they cause drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, sometimes even
Dizziness - if the ground is slipping from under his feet
. This often puts the patient a choice: to get rid of allergy symptoms
Allergy symptoms: Survival Guide Spring
Receiving side effects that can significantly affect the quality of life, or to preserve the activity of the brain at a normal level, but the discomfort caused by an allergic reaction. New generation of antihistamines, including cetirizine, which is part of Zirteka are non-sedating.
Despite this, in rare cases, patients taking Zyrtec, complain of drowsiness, which may affect the ability to drive or operate machinery, while respecting the safety rules. If your work is related to activities potentially hazardous to you or other people, you need to start taking Zyrtec during weekends or holidays, so you have time to make sure that it does not have (or has) to have a sedative effect.
During the reception Zirteka not recommended to abuse alcohol.
If you have to prick test (skin test), stop taking Zyrtec or any other antihistamines for 48 hours before the test. This is necessary because antihistamines may reduce or block the reaction of the skin which is an indication of allergies. In this case, the test results are unreliable.
The structure Zirteka includes lactose, so it can not accept people with a rare hereditary disorders such as galactose intolerance and malabsorption of glucose
Glucose: The energy source
galactose. Patients with lactose intolerance, impaired renal function and epilepsy
Epilepsy - a sacred disease
while taking Zirteka need to closely monitor their condition and seek medical advice at the slightest sign of deterioration.
People's treatment of allergy - the magical lamp of Aladdin Indian
September 30, 2006
- People's treatment of allergy - the magical lamp of Aladdin Indian
- Recipes Indian healers
For millions of allergy sufferers spring and summer - is not only a great time of flowering, and then the harvest, and a runny nose, skin rash, itching and inflammation of the eye. Often the treatment of these symptoms using drugs, the side effects that are often almost worse than the symptoms of allergies. People cope with the treatment of allergy symptoms of allergies are not worse, and has far fewer side effects.
Pharmaceutical preparations act differently. Some of them are benefiting from sneezing and itching, but can not cope with a stuffy nose, some - on the contrary. According to some estimates, about a third of patients taking medication for allergies generally do not notice any improvement. Of course, there are medications that help against almost all allergic symptoms, but they often produce undesirable side effects such as drowsiness and inflammation of the nasal mucosa.
Allergies are not only causes physical discomfort, but also adversely affect the psychological state of patients. Scientists say that in seasons of exacerbations allergies often feel tired and increasingly mental, and prone to depression. Chance of migraine
I have a migraine. What to do?
Available at 14 times higher than those who do not suffer from allergies.
How to relieve symptoms
The simplest thing you can do to alleviate the symptoms of allergies is to limit exposure to the outside at the time when the pollen count is especially a lot, keep the windows closed at home, at work and in the car, and enjoy the air conditioning. There are several proven folk remedies, with which you can relatively easily survive allergy season.
- Nasal lavage. Simply rinse your nose with brine, prepared independently or purchased in a drugstore. During periods when your allergen is particularly active, it is necessary to do it at least three times per day.
- Food. It is noticed that people who regularly eat marine fish or take supplements
Food additives - basic classification
with fatty acids omega-3, the symptoms of allergies are not expressed as strongly as those in whose diet lacks this important element. Omega-3 helps to cope effectively with inflammation. Besides fish, it is contained in flax seeds and the oil from the seeds, walnuts, organic meat and eggs.
- Add in your food horseradish, chili or mustard - they are natural decongestants.
- Nettles. If you want a natural antihistamine use nettles. It operates in much the pharmaceutical preparations, but has side effects such as dry mouth and drowsiness. Nettle inhibits the body's ability to produce histamine. It is believed that the most effective against allergies, dry nettle extract in capsules, which can be bought in many pharmacies. Its effect lasts for several hours. You can also brew their own tea or nettle tincture prepared from it. It is recommended to collect nettles as possible from the main roads and zasushivat it before use.
- Butterbur is another natural alternative to antihistamines. He was not as effective as cetirizine, the active ingredient of the drug Zyrtec Allergy. Although manufacturers claim that Zyrtec - non-sedating antihistamine, in reality it can cause drowsiness, which does not happen when taking butterbur. However, you should be careful: in some cases, butterbur worsen allergy symptoms; the effects of long-term treatment of butterbur is unknown.
Many pharmacological agents eliminate allergy symptoms such as sneezing and itchy, but completely powerless against congestion, or vice versa. Also, drugs are often too expensive and have unwanted side effects such as sleepiness and the irritation of the nasal mucosa. However, there are traditional treatments of allergies that can help you not only to eliminate the symptoms, but also to prevent its occurrence.
How to protect environment
Medications help relieve allergy symptoms when they are already there, but you can take some steps to prevent them. Allergy Treatment folk methods include:
- If you are allergic to pollen, the season of flowering plants keep their windows closed and use air conditioning
- Halts the vents with a damp gauze to her settled pollen
- Keep the humidity level below 50% to prevent mold growth
- If you are allergic to pet dander and you have pets, you have to keep them on the street or to give to someone. Otherwise, you'll constantly feel uncomfortable at home
- Avoid spaces where there may be a particularly large amount of mold, such as basements, garages, barns. When these premises requires cleaning, ask to do it someone else
- Install dehumidifiers in the basement and other rooms where mold can grow actively
- Clean bathroom and shower facilities for mold control
- Use blankets and pillows with synthetic padding
- Weekly linen change
- Do not allow smoking in my house
- Make cleaning a mask and gloves
- All carpets should be of synthetic material or from straw and bamboo
- Avoid long thick curtains with a plurality of folds which collect dust
- The allergy season keep the windows closed
- Do not allow smoking in the car
- If possible, choose upholstery of seats, which collects less dust
On the street
- Try less frequently in parks, gardens and other places where a lot of flowering plants
- Watch the weather forecast. In dry and windy weather in the air, and especially a lot of pollen in these days need to stay at home as much as possible
- Working in the garden, wear a gauze bandage
- Arriving home, just take a shower, change clothes, and, if possible, immediately wash the street clothes - it can leave traces of pollen.
- Protect yourself from insect bites with a long dress and special repellent bloodsuckers
- Do not dry clothes in the street, because it can stick the pollen that aggravate allergy symptoms
- Be sure to bring your medication allergy
- Learn how to avoid allergens in the country where you are going
In a hotel
- Stay in rooms for non-smokers
- If necessary, ask for a pillow and blanket with synthetic padding
- At school (if your child has an allergy)
- Tell teachers about what your child has an allergy, and explain why it should be avoided
- Tell us about the allergy to the child, including the fact that he needs to eat, what not, and why. Be sure to explain the reasons, otherwise your words are not convincing enough
Allergy Treatment folk remedies: n
To cope with food allergies without medication or at least use it as little as possible, you need to follow a fairly simple rules. The most important are:
- Do not eat allergens! Carefully read the labels of foods that are buying. Even if you think you know exactly what is a part of a product - read the ingredient list, because it can vary.
- If there are doubts - refuse. The restaurants and guests do not eat food if you are not sure that they have your allergens. Most people underestimate the seriousness of all allergic reactions; Meanwhile, the use of large amounts of certain foods may endanger the health and even the life of the allergic. Do not be afraid of offending someone by his refusal. Those roads you all understand, but the opinion of others is hardly more important than your health.
- If your child has a food allergy, please tell us about it. Nurse, teacher, teachers, grandparents - everyone with whom regular contact your child should know what foods he should avoid and what to do if the allergen was still in his body.
There are some simple remedies that will help to cope with food allergies:
- Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid and bring relief from the symptoms of food allergy. Take 100 mg of vitamin B5 per day for a month - then in the future you have allergy symptoms to be weaker than usual. The therapeutic effect of pantothenic acid becomes much, on average, 6 weeks after the beginning of reception.
- Take in the morning on an empty stomach five drops of castor oil added to half a cup of water or any fruit juice (if you do not have allergy to it, of course). This facility helps against allergic reactions, which affect the gastrointestinal tract, the skin and the respiratory tract.
- Lime is considered an effective remedy for allergies of any type. Squeeze the juice of half a lime and mix it with a glass of warm water and a teaspoon of honey. This drink is not only flushes out toxins but also acts as an allergen agent.
- Mix 300 ml of carrot juice, 100 ml of beetroot juice and the same - cucumber. This drink is recommended to drink at least once a day for people with allergies of different kinds (of course allergic to carrots, beets and cucumber are the exception)
Treatment of skin allergies folk remedies
Allergies - is an abnormal response of the immune system gipersenzitivnaya
The immune system - how it works?
the relatively innocuous antigens. Skin allergies now increasingly common and, last but not least, due to many new fabrics, clothing of which we wear. Colors used in the manufacture of fabrics, often cause skin rashes in babies.
Fortunately, there are effective folk remedies that can help you alleviate the symptoms of skin allergies.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds, 1 teaspoon of water and 1 teaspoon of lime juice. Apply the mixture on the affected skin.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lime juice and a few drops of sandalwood oil; Apply to the rash of skin allergies.
- Smoking exacerbates the symptoms of allergies, so try to get rid of this bad habit.
- Include in your diet as many foods containing vitamin C - it's great to help fight the symptoms of allergic reactions
- Avoid white sugar and the products to which it includes
- Avoid white flour products
- Avoid fast food and semi-finished products
- Wash fruits and vegetables before eating
- Regularly arrange a fasting days during which drink only juices. So you get rid of toxins, because of which may also show symptoms of skin allergies
- Eat on a schedule. It is desirable that instead of three meals you ate 4-5 times a day in small portions
- Avoid strong coffee, and alcoholic drinks
- Do not eat fried foods - butter is often the trigger for food allergies
- Move - walk briskly, ride a bike, swim at least three times a week
- Clean the skin, where a rash, ice cubes. It quickly relieve inflammation and itching
- Boil the oatmeal in water. Strain the water through a sieve into a separate bowl, pour the broth into molds for ice and freeze. Clean the ice cubes from a decoction of oat irritation and skin rashes
- Apply to the affected areas of skin allergies aloe gel
Aloe - its amazing healing properties
- Summer drink at least two glasses of diluted lemon juice a day. This replenish vitamin C, which the body loses due to sweating, and reduces the risk of prickly heat