NuvaRing - a special kind of contraception - a special kind of contraception - hormonal ring
July 19, 2009
- NuvaRing - a special type of contraception
- A special kind of contraception - hormonal ring
A special kind of contraception - hormonal ring
NuvaRing - a hormonal contraceptive, created by the Dutch firm Organon local (intravaginal) application. NuvaRing is a flexible form of rings (made of hypoallergenic material) which, when administered into the vagina takes any desired shape and for a specific time allocated female hormones. The diameter of the ring about 5, 5 cm, thickness - 4 mm, these dimensions in combination with a strong flexibility allows the woman to not notice contraceptive under any life circumstances (gymnastics, swimming, sex).
NuvaRing main advantage is that, firstly, the maximum dose is reduced hormones, and secondly, this drug "is not afraid" careless use, because the ring is set once a month and does not require a special control.
The mechanism of action of NuvaRing
NuvaRing contains artificial female hormones ethinyl estradiol (an estrogen analogue) and etonogestrel (progesterone analogue) in very small doses, lower than in any pelletized contraceptives. Hormones under the influence of body temperature start to continuously flow out of the ring directly into the uterus and ovaries, delaying the release of an egg from the ovary (ovulation) and the fertilization of the egg, preventing pregnancy sama. Regular income is provided by a complex system of hormones shell membranes flexible ring. In addition, NuvaRing is able to normalize the menstrual cycle, on the background of menstrual flow more regular, less painful, a woman loses less blood.
How to use
NuvaRing is inserted into the vagina once every four weeks. Within three weeks, he is in the vagina, and then it was removed and after 2-3 days menstruation begins. A week later, the field delete introduced a new ring, which is then removed exactly three weeks later (to the day). In some cases, allowed to use contraceptives for 4 weeks, but not more (reduced activity of hormones).
Indications for use
The indication for the use of NuvaRing is to prevent unwanted pregnancy if one partner. If several partners, it is recommended to use an additional barrier methods of protection, because NuvaRing does not prevent sexually transmitted infections by.
Contraindications for use
Contraindications for use of NuvaRing are:
- venous or arterial thrombosis (blockage);
- migraine in combination with a variety of neurological symptoms (e.g., against headache disturbed sensitivity in a particular area of the body);
- vascular disorders in diabetic patients;
- Pancreatic inflammation
Diabetes and pancreas - the things you need to know
Including in the past;
- severe liver disease (up to normalization of function);
- liver tumors;
- hormone-dependent cancers (or suspected, such as genital tumors, or breast);
- vaginal bleeding of unknown origin;
- Pregnancy or suspicion of it;
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
Precautions should be prescribed the drug for diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmias, heart, liver or gallbladder, ulcerative colitis, certain types of anemia, systemic lupus erythematosus, epilepsy, smoking, combined with the age of over 35 years, prolonged standstill, uterine tumors and certain other conditions.
Side effects of NuvaRing
NuvaRing can produce a number of side effects:
- Central nervous system: headache, migraine (hurts when one half of the head), depression
Depression - a little more than a bad mood
(constant bad mood), emotional instability, dizziness, anxiety
Anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease?
, Feeling tired;
- From the digestive system: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
- on the part of the endocrine system: decreased sexual desire, pain, tension, and breast enlargement, menstrual irregularities, increase or decrease in body weight;
- With the genitourinary system: inflammation in the area of the external genitalia, urinary tract infection.
Local reactions (rare): loss of the ring, discomfort during sexual intercourse in women and men, foreign body sensation in the vagina.
Yarina - cares about women's health - Properties
February 17, 2013
- Yarina - cares about women's health
- Mechanism of action
The positive properties of the drug Yasmin
Yasmin contains the preparation of the new generation - drospirenone. This is one of the latest developments in the field of female contraception, a new type of progestogen. Creating a synthetic hormone drospirenone - a big event in the field of medicine for women, and Yasmin - this is the only means of containing it. Other contraceptives also contain synthetic progestogens, but none of them has the properties that have drospirenone. This is a brand new hormone similar to progesterone
Progesterone - norm and pathology
That helps the body get rid of excess fluid
How to withdraw excess fluid from the body - all sorts of ways
during the second half of the menstrual cycle. This means that women who take this remedy will no longer feel uncomfortable about the weight gain due to accumulation of excess fluid, in addition, Yasmin has a positive effect on the skin, hair and nails.
- It protects against pregnancy. With regular pill inhibits ovulation and changes the viscosity of the cervical mucus. First, the uterus is unprepared for egg implantation, and secondly, because of the higher viscosity of the cervical secretion sperm entry into the uterus becomes difficult.
- It reduces symptoms of PMS. Familiar to most women discomfort in the premenstrual period are reduced considerably: reduced abdominal pain, swelling, breast tenderness.
- Monthly become more regular, less painful, decreases too strong selection.
- It reduces the risk of cancer of the uterus and ovaries. Oral contraceptives longer period 50-60% reduces the likelihood of cancers.
- Reduces the risk of inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs.
- Absorbable ovarian cysts
Ovarian cysts - normal or dangerous?
- If necessary, Yasmin helps to delay the date of the onset of menstruation.
Experts recommend taking Yasmin not only as a means of contraception, but also as a treatment for acne
Acne treatment: how to get rid of blackheads
, Fluid retention due to hormonal irregularities as well as for normal seboregulyatsii body. Women who take the pill, note that the skin is cleaner, and the hair does not get dirty as quickly as before.
Pills can be started if the previous cycle was not used any other oral contraceptives. The first day of taking the drug - it is the first day of the new cycle, that is, the day after the cessation of menstruation.
Of course, as before taking any drug for medical purposes it is recommended to provide all possible contraindications, side effects, precautions at the reception. It is best to consult a gynecologist, who will point out the potential risk when a new agent. Yasmin as a medical drug, created by the latest technology, in addition to the positive impact can cause some side effects, which should warn in advance.
Yasmin is not recommended, if available:
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- venous or arterial thrombosis;
- liver disease;
- pregnancy or suspicion on it;
- diseases of the breast and genital organs of a hormonal nature.
It may be surprising for women intolerant of certain components of Yarin, which often makes itself felt vomiting.
Particular attention should be paid to the fact of co-administration of oral contraceptives with other drugs. Care should be taken with antibiotics, as they reduce contraceptive protection Yarin.