The remedy for acne: a responsible choice
October 7, 2013
- The remedy for acne: a responsible choice
Today, for the treatment of acne
Acne Treatment - proper care of inflamed skin
It used a variety of different drugs. Patients with mild to moderate forms of acne is usually prescribed remedies for acne topical - ointments, gels, and so on. For the treatment of severe acne may be prescribed systemic medications (oral). Each drug for acne can affect one or more factors that influence the development of acne. To achieve stable results, dermatologists may have to take several medicines simultaneously.
Injections of corticosteroids
In patients with severe acne in the deeper layers of the skin sometimes form large cysts that can rupture, and this is likely to lead to scarring. For the treatment of such cysts dermatologist can employ corticosteroid injections. The drug (usually, with very low concentrations of active ingredients) are administered directly into the cyst. Corticosteroids reduce inflammation and accelerate tissue repair. Injections of corticosteroids significantly reduces cysts only for 3-5 days.
Isotretinoin - is a powerful retinoid for oral administration, which is prescribed only for very severe acne when other means have been tried and have not helped. Normally it is taken once or twice daily for 16-20 weeks.
Currently, isotretinoin is the most effective remedy for acne because it affects all four factors that lead to their appearance - excessive activity of the sebaceous glands, clogged pores, bacterial growth P
. acnes and inflammation
. Remission, which comes after a course of isotretinoin, lasts from several months to many years,
. A significant proportion of patients is sufficient only one course of treatment with isotretinoin
. Despite this, isotretinoin is prescribed not for everyone, and the reason for this are the serious side effects of this drug
. Among them - a serious congenital disorders that can occur if a woman takes isotretinoin during pregnancy
. For this reason, before starting treatment, women have to do pregnancy tests and during treatment and for one month after it is necessary to use reliable contraception
If a woman wants to get pregnant after treatment with isotretinoin, she should consult a gynecologist. Other possible side effects of isotretinoin are severe chest pain
Chest pain is one symptom - a lot of diseases
or abdominal pain, pain on swallowing, severe headache, blurred vision and dizziness, joint pain and bone pain, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, rectal bleeding, depression
Depression - a little more than a bad mood
, Dry skin, eyes, nose, hair loss. When these side effects you should immediately contact a doctor, because some of them can lead to serious health problems.
For the treatment of moderate to severe forms of acne, as well as all forms of violations that do not respond to other therapies, has for many years used oral antibiotics
. They and local antimicrobial agents to help reduce bacterial population P
. acnes, but operate from the inside, so that over time completely stop inflammation, and becomes much less acne
. Generally, treatment begins with receiving large doses of antibiotics, and when it is an improvement, the dose decrease
. The course of treatment in most cases lasts no more than six months
. Over time, P
. acnes can produce a sort of immunity to antibiotics, which are used to destroy them - this is called antibiotic resistance
. When developing antibiotic resistance, use antibiotics cease to produce positive results
. Your doctor may prescribe another antibiotic or choose another type of therapy
Most often, the treatment of acne, the following antibiotics:
- Erythromycin - shirokospektralny antibiotic that helps to fight against many bacteria, including P.acnes. Its most common side effect is irritation of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Tetracycline effectively kill bacteria and quickly relieve inflammation. Antibiotics of this group can not accept children under the age of 8 years, as they may slow the development of a young body and cause stains on teeth. Tetracyclines are also contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women. During pregnancy and lactation may influence the development of bones and teeth of the child and lead to various defects in the structure of the skeleton. In typical cases, the treatment of patients with moderate to severe acne begins with receiving tetracycline 500-1000 mg per day and when the symptoms of acne are much less severe, the dose begins to decrease. Receiving small doses of tetracycline may continue for many months - it is necessary to prevent the re-occurrence of acne and acne
Acne: facial trouble
. In some very severe cases, can be administered tetracycline dose exceeding 1000 mg per day.
- In the treatment of patients with skin problems can also apply two synthetic derivatives of tetracycline - doxycycline and minocycline. Doxycycline is most effective in cases when acne is accompanied by severe inflammation. Minocycline is often helpful in cases where other antibiotics have not yielded positive results. In addition, when receiving minocycline less developed antibiotic resistance.
Combined oral contraceptives
Combined oral contraceptives effectively treat acne and acne in many women, due to suppression of excessive activity of the sebaceous glands. They can be used for long-term therapy. However, drugs in this category can not be assigned without prior consultation with a gynecologist smoking women, patients older than 35 years and those in whose history there are violations such as thrombosis and migraine.
Shampoo baldness: help or not?
March 19, 2012
Currently, there are a variety of treatments available to combat hair loss. One of these treatments is the use of shampoos. However, this treatment is often faced with some cynicism, as many people are wondering how to shampoo can prevent hair loss and stimulate their re-growth. Below is more considered this treatment option to find out whether it works.
Can shampoo effectively deal with this problem and to stimulate the growth of new hair depends on the shampoo and the ingredients contained in this shampoo. There are shampoos that are available today that contain excellent ingredients to help get rid of the problems related to DHT (dihydrotestosterone). It has been found that the hormone DHT causes of male pattern baldness and female pattern baldness.
The extract from thymus (thymus), usually used in shampoos for hair loss. This substance acts on the hair follicles. By doing this, it helps to prevent hair loss. So, obviously, shampoo against hair loss, contains the correct ingredients, it can be very effective when it comes to solving problems with hair.
How shampoo can help
If you choose a shampoo that has ingredients that work out to neutralize DHT, for example, a shampoo with an extract of the thymus gland, it would seem, it is just a matter of one or two weeks and the hair loss will be suspended. But in fact, most likely, only about a month will be seen that the hair again begin to rise. Although shampoo with the right ingredients can be very useful, but it is not always effectively on everyone who uses it.
Shampoos for the treatment of hair loss, available without a prescription. There are many brands of shampoo from different vendors designed specifically for women, as well as the brand designed specifically for women. Best shampoo, certainly should be a natural and rich in nutrients. It is able to provide each hair follicle essential nutrients necessary for hair growth. When buying a shampoo should make sure that they buy the shampoo is suitable for the individual and for his particular condition. It is recommended to be realistic in their expectations, as each person is different and may respond to treatment differently.
Effective shampoo, of course, can be an effective part of any plan for fighting against hair loss. But as for any product related to health, before it is used it is important to inquire about the company - the manufacturer, to establish credibility.
Ingredients that need not be used in shampoos
Shampoo against hair loss, which includes surfactants, will not help solve the problem of hair loss. Surfactants are known to be aggressive. The most commonly used surfactants sub- stances SLS, or sodium lauryl sulfate. Finding it in a shampoo, you should stop using it because it actually violates the SLS growth of hair. Erroneous is also believed that surfactants act as cleaning agents in shampoos. In fact, the hair was purified other ingredients present in the shampoo. However, there is no reason to worry because of this information, simply do not need to buy the funds that are not useful for people suffering from hair loss.
Shampoos against baldness is not useless. All you need to do is get the right tool that really works against hair loss. This external tool is really helpful for the hair and can prevent them from falling out. One can try to fly means that contain natural ingredients such as vegetable ingredients, essential oils (lavender oil
The healing properties of lavender - not only pleasant aroma
Or tea tree oil
Tea tree oil
and others). These ingredients have proven most effective in the prevention of hair loss. For example, grass palmetto is known to slow down the reproduction of DHT. It is effective to use a shampoo for hair loss, which contains saw palmetto or lavender oil. One should also consult a doctor, a shampoo is the most appropriate for a particular patient.
- Shampoo Provillas (Provillus) - It is a proven two-stage formula that uses a topical solution, as well as additives for oral administration. It has the properties of both natural and of drugs to stimulate the scalp and prevents hair loss, helps to grow hair that has been lost in the past. Provillos contains ingredients such as saw palmetto (saw palmetto), biotin, zinc and magnesium, as well as clinically proven ingredient minoxidil.
- Progeyn (Progaine) - shampoo, developed by the creators of the tools for baldness
Funds from baldness: saving hair
Rogaine (Rogaine). Rogaine was the first serious and popular treatment for hair loss. It also contains a proven minoxidil.
- Nioxin. It is a system consisting of three parts of the system, which includes shampoo, conditioner and treatment for the scalp. Shampoo and conditioner makes hair thicker by the use of vitamins, proteins and amino acids, and means for treating the scalp aims to reduce the accumulation of DHT, a hormone that contributes to the genetic baldness.
Nioxin System is available in four different versions: one for the thin, natural, from normal to fine hair; a second thin, natural, noticeably thinning hair; the third for natural, from normal to fine hair, painted or otherwise chemically treated; and fourth for much thinning chemically treated hair. Shampoo Nioxin is also recommended for people with fine hair that has not yet started to lose hair. It is considered useful for the prevention of genetic hair loss.
- Revivogen (Revivogen) is a shampoo for hair loss that are claimed to remove the hormone DHT from the scalp, promoting healthy hair growth. DHT blockers in the shampoo Revivogen are plant and include saw palmetto, menthol and soy protein. The system against hair loss Revivogen consists of three products: shampoo, conditioner and serum. Revivogen actually promotes hair re-growth, therefore, it works well alone or in combination with other therapeutic agents for hair growth.
- Nizoral shampoo (2% ketoconazole) comprises a wide spectrum antifungal ingredient which inhibits the growth of yeast and other fungal infections, eliminating dandruff
Dandruff: where it comes from, and what to do
. Ketoconazole also known for its anti - androgenic effect. Studies show that long-term use Nizoral shampoo - may bring some benefit in the treatment of androgenic alopecia. Groups of people have found that Nizoral (with regular use) is very useful in the treatment of baldness.
Nizoral contains a substance called ketoconazole. It is known that when ketoconazole is taken internally, it inhibits the binding of androgens to the receptor in the body, including the binding of DHT to the receptors of the hair follicles.
Good effect renders the use of this shampoo in combination with Rogaine. You can use Nizoral one to three weeks, certainly beforehand consult a doctor. However, the use of ketoconazole into not recommended for many reasons, primarily because this drug toxicity, and ultimately leads to liver damage. But external use of ketoconazole (Nizoral contained - shampoos) has a slight anti - DHT binding effect on the scalp.