Even poisoning occurring with mild or moderate symptoms can be treated independently. Medical care is only required for the most severe cases of poisoning and poisoned children and pregnant women. What can I eat after poisoning to restore balance in the stomach?
The most common type of poisoning at the moment - it's food poisoning
Food poisoning: how to avoid becoming a victim of its own stomach
. To it may cause consumption of food contaminated by various pathogens, e.g., bacteria, fungi or viruses. The products may be contaminated during manufacture, transport or processing; sometimes animal meat or eggs initially contain pathogens.
If they are not sufficiently cooked, pathogens get into the human body, and further depends on three main factors: the kind of pathogen, the general health of the person and the number of pathogens. For example, Salmonella, penetrating into the body, does not always lead to symptoms of food poisoning. It is believed that one case of salmonellosis identified not less than ten undiagnosed - often bacteria enter the body in very small amounts, and can cause a slight indisposition, which ignores the patient, and sometimes their presence generally goes unnoticed.
What can I eat after poisoning
- Bananas. These fruits are easily digested, and even just a day after the first signs of poisoning rarely cause nausea or vomiting. Bananas can be eaten as soon as you have an appetite - this is usually no earlier than 10-12 hours after symptom onset. If you want to have before - eat, but barely.
- Apples and pears are also an easy meal, which rarely causes an undesirable reaction of the body after a poisoning. To better processed, prepare pureed in a blender or rub them on the smallest grater.
- Transparent liquid. After the poisoning is necessary, first of all, drink plenty of water. It helps to quickly withdraw from the gastrointestinal tract pathogens and prevent dehydration which may result from diarrhea and vomiting. During severe bouts of vomiting it is recommended to suck on ice chips.
When vomiting stops, you can drink electrolyte drinks and apple juice.
The water with apple cider vinegar has long been known as an effective remedy in cases of poisoning. Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with a cup of warm water and drink one or two cups of this drink per day.
You can also drink rice water, which has a calming effect on the digestive system. To make risky water, boil a handful of rice in 1.5 l of water. Boil the rice to simmer for about half an hour, then strain it, overflowing water in a glass container. Drink 1-2 cups of water per day.
Rice is an excellent natural absorbent, besides, it is easy to digest, so it can be eaten at various poisoning. Choose white rice (it contains little dietary fiber intake of food poisoning is better to minimize), tenderize it until soft and eat without salt and other seasonings.
Toasts are digested almost as easily as bananas
Bananas: the benefits and harms health
and rice, and are part of different diets after poisoning and other disorders that cause severe vomiting and diarrhea.
Yogurt with probiotics help to restore or maintain the normal intestinal microflora, so their consumption after food poisoning is very important. You can also take supplements with probiotics, but first is better to consult a doctor.
The following products are best avoided for at least five days after the poisoning:
- Fried and spicy food. They are pretty hard to digest, and their use shortly after the poisoning can lead to repeated episodes of vomiting.
- Foods rich in dietary fiber. This is one of the most useful products, but their processing is associated with a rather serious burden on the digestive system. Normally, the body cope with such loads easily, but after the poisoning stomach and intestines weakened, and they need time to recover, so this food is best avoided. However, dietary fiber can be gradually introduced into the diet in three to four days after the last poisoning symptoms disappear.
- Alcohol and caffeine can enhance dewatering and exacerbate diarrhea.
What can I eat after poisoning by heavy metals
Foods high in dietary fiber. If after food poisoning from them is better to refrain, in the case of heavy metal poisoning dietary fiber needed to toxins excreted rapidly from the body.
Foods rich in antioxidants, such as selenium, vitamins C and E, beta-carotene.
Antioxidants help protect the body from the harmful effects of heavy metals.
Rich sources of vitamin C are citrus fruit variety - oranges, tangerines, grapefruits, lemons, vitamin E is found in nuts, seeds and fish oil, beta-carotene - carrots, sweet potatoes, peaches
Peaches: benefits and harms of sun fruits
, Apricots, and selenium - in meat, offal, eggs (especially a lot of it in the yolk) and seafood. It is also recommended to eat more foods, which include glutathione, such as asparagus, broccoli and spinach. Glutathione - is one of the most important antioxidant, the conclusion of heavy metals from the body.
Saturated fats are contained, for example, refined olive and coconut oil.
Omega-3, which are the sources of flaxseed, fish oil
Fish oil - so whether it is useful to think?
, Avocado, wild salmon. After chelation is particularly important to select the wild salmon, because salmon meat grown in nurseries may also contain heavy metals, particularly mercury.