After colposcopy not disrupting the usual daily routine
January 4, 2012
Colposcopy - a procedure quite simple and fast, only takes 15-20 minutes, and after a colposcopy return to normal daily routine as soon as possible.
Quite often, after colposcopy for several days, there is a slight vaginal bleeding (especially characteristic during pregnancy and in cases where colposcopy
Colposcopy - how to prepare it properly?
accompanied by biopsy) or vaginal discharge. After colposcopy may be necessary for several days using sanitary napkins (bleeding or brownish allocation after the procedure can be observed for up to three to five days). After an extended colposcopy
Extended colposcopy: detailed analysis of
allocation may be greenish or brown in color, the consistency of a thick liquid or coffee grounds - this is due to the processing of cervical mucus by special solutions used during extended colposcopy.
Within a few days after a colposcopy is recommended to abstain from sexual intercourse.
In addition, until the end of vaginal bleeding after the procedure, you can not use tampons
How to use sanitary pad - basic precautions
, Drugs (suppositories or vaginal creams), spermicides and lubricants.
Complications after colposcopy observed in rare cases. It is necessary to consult a doctor immediately if the following procedures are observed:
- a sharp increase in body temperature up to thirty-eight degrees Celsius
- profuse vaginal bleeding
- abdominal pain, cramps
These symptoms may indicate an infection.
The results of colposcopy
Colposcopy to determine the nature and extent of changes in the mucous cells of the cervix. In some cases, to complete the examination of biopsy - sampling cell samples for subsequent examination under a microscope. Usually in such cases, the results obtained through the study one or two weeks.
A biopsy carried out during colposcopy, determines the degree of cervical dysplasia (CIN) on a scale from one to three, indicating the potential of the rebirth intraepithelial neoplasia cervical cancer.
The first degree of cervical dysplasia (CIN 1) indicates that the third portion of the cells in the affected mucosa of the cervix is in an abnormal condition. In such cases, it uses a special treatment, or method of expectations, because sometimes the cells return to normal without treatment.
Second degree cervical dysplasia
Dysplasia - what is it?
(CIN 2) means that two-thirds of the cells are in the abnormal state. In such cases usually require treatment.
The third stage (CIN 3) indicates that all cells lesion cervical mucus are in the abnormal state. Treatment is appointed immediately.
After the colposcopy and associated treatment usually require re-examination to determine the state of the cervical mucus - as a rule, re-examination is carried out in four to six months after the colposcopy. In some cases, the re-examination is carried out again colposcopy.
Thrush: home treatment - how effective is it
August 22, 2012
Most often the main treatment for thrush is not done in a clinic or hospital, and at home. Talking about the effectiveness of treatment is possible only in case of full compliance with all these medical recommendations. A woman should not self-medicate, otherwise talk about positive results or recovery is not necessary.
How to be treated at home
If the treatment is done at home, it can not be compared to self-medicate. Many women find that thrush is not a venereal disease, so they prefer not to seek professional help from a specialist. After some time they will see the result of this treatment - the symptoms of yeast infection does not go away.
The success of the treatment at home under the vaginal fungal infections depends on several factors:
- Compulsory compliance with hygiene recommendations. Important caution to the choice of underwear, personal hygiene means. It should give up the overlying lingerie and underwear made of synthetic fabrics. They will contribute to creating conditions for the violation of the microflora, since such fabrics are airtight. If a woman enjoys the daily sanitary pads, it is better to abandon the flavored types of gaskets
Feminine pads - talk about wings
- We need to pay special attention to his diet. When thrush is necessary to try to minimize the use of those products, which are rich in carbohydrates. If a woman does not eat properly, then wait for positive results from the treatment should not be. Carbohydrates - a fertile ground for the growth of fungi, so some time will have to give up starchy foods, sweets and pastries. Preference should be given to dairy products, the use of which will have a positive impact on the state of the microflora of the vagina and intestine. From the normal operation of the digestive system depends entirely on the effectiveness of the treatment of thrush. It is in the home a woman can develop an optimal diet that will help it to achieve faster recovery;
- problem of the treatment of thrush is very closely linked with the problem of state immunity. Strengthening the immune defense of the body should be in the range of activities carried out in the treatment of thrush. This is especially true for chronic forms of the disease. Graduated exercise, gymnastics, hardening of the body, water treatment and other recreational activities can be arranged during the treatment at home. Receive comprehensive multivitamin supplements should be included in the scheme of treatment for thrush, especially when it comes to chronic forms of the disease;
- Another important point is the refusal of bad habits. On the use of alcohol and tobacco so much talk in the literature, the media, on television, that many do not perceive this kind of information and refer to it not serious. If a woman does not give up these bad habits, it may spend time, effort, money for treatment, but positive results will not be seen.
What you need to do at home for the treatment of thrush
The most effective method of treatment for thrush is considered to be a local therapy or douching
Douching - a controversial procedure
. With this procedure, a woman can perfectly cope at home. To perform this procedure require syringe, which is available for sale in pharmacies. Sometimes using a special mug douches, but it is still less convenient. The principle of using a syringe very simple - filled syringe in a special solution, and they produce a vaginal douching or irrigation.
There is a large range of solutions that can be used for local treatments
. Especially popular among the female population uses soda solution
. Such a solution is very easy to cook at home, and it really is an effective remedy
. In some cases, women are making a mistake in the process of its preparation - pour baking soda with warm water
. But then a soda will not have a therapeutic effect, as it is only necessary to fill with boiling water
. The solution should cool down and then can be used for douching
. It can not be prepared for the future, for a few days, so before each procedure should be made fresh
. Besides soda solution in the home can use the healing gifts of nature and use herbs for therapeutic purposes
. A large number of herbs have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-fungal properties
. When thrush can be recommended as an herbal medicine
Phytotherapy and menopause - without the side effects
infusion or decoction of chamomile, calendula, St. John's wort, yarrow. They are used for douches and processing outside of the genitals. If thrush has a progressive course with lesions of the skin, the lotion-based concoctions of herbs help to relieve the painful symptoms of the disease. It is necessary to moisten the folded in several layers of tissue in the resulting solution and apply it on the affected area for a while. Repeat treatments may be for a few days, always combining them with douching.
In the treatment of thrush home douche need only for a maximum of seven days. If a woman would do such a local procedure is long, it will lead to a breach of the composition of the microflora of the vagina
The microflora of the vagina: purity
and course of the disease will affect negatively. According to studies lasting local processing vagina impede the healing process and contribute to a more severe disease. There is a mechanical washing away not only pathogens but also normal, so the duration of the procedure should be discussed with your doctor. So it is possible to prevent the development of complications.