Red Clover and its beneficial properties: the use of white clover
January 2, 2011
Once the do not call this herb red clover, white clover, white clover, dyatlik, dyatlina red krasnogolovka, bee bread and so on. But the correct name of this plant - red clover. Red clover has a number of useful features that allow you to use it as a medicinal plant, and as a honey plant.
The botanical characteristics of red clover (meadow)
Red clover (meadow) belongs to the legume family and is a perennial herbaceous plant up to 50 cm. Taproot with severe branching. Trifoliate leaves, oval-elliptical, the flowers are large globular heads of pink or dark purple. Fruit - egg-seeded bean. It blooms in July - August, the fruits ripen in August - September.
It is found throughout the northern parts of the forest and steppe zones of the European part of the country, in Siberia, in the Urals. As a medicinal raw material harvested only flowers that are cut or tear at the base of the head without any residue peduncle. Clover dried outdoors in the shade under a canopy, in attics, making sure that raw materials do not dry up, as the head-dried easily crumble. Store in a dry, dark place.
The chemical composition and useful properties of red clover
The heads of red clover contain glycosides and trifolin izotrifolin, trifolizin (it has antifungal properties), essential oil
Essential oils and conception: can help the roses?
, Ascorbic acid, carotene (from it in the body produces vitamin A), vitamin B
B vitamins: the body useful helpers
Alkaloids, tar, fatty oil, isoflavones biohinon A (it contains coenzyme Q10, influencing the energy metabolism in cells of human tissue), organic acids (salicylic and coumarin). The leaves contain ascorbic acid and pigments.
Red clover is a diuretic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, anti-sclerotic, anti-tumor, anti-allergic, tonic, astringent and toning properties. In addition, red clover is an excellent honey plant.
The use of red clover in folk medicine
Red clover is used in a number of diseases:
- as a tonic and tonic - a source of vitamins and other biologically active substances - in the recovery period after severe diseases, beriberi (lack of vitamins), anemia (as a source of vitamin C, which contributes to a better absorption of iron), to stimulate the protective properties of the organism (immunity) ;
- as the anti-sclerotic agent in atherosclerosis
Atherosclerosis - a chronic disease of the arteries
- Normalizes fat metabolism;
- as anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and expectorant - for colds, diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract;
- as an astringent for diarrhea;
- as a diuretic in cardiovascular diseases, as well as any other diseases, accompanied by edema;
- as anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and diuretic - for kidney disease;
- as an antiallergic agent - with scrofula (exudative diathesis) and other allergic skin diseases and bronchial asthma;
- as an antitumor agent for tumors of different localization;
- as an external agent for burns, frostbite, purulent wounds, boils in the form of lotions.
How to cook red clover at home
At home, red clover can be prepared:
- infusion oral: tablespoon dried minced raw pour a glass of boiled water, 15-20 minutes, filtered, made up to the initial level and take half a cup 3 times a day for half an hour before meals;
- tincture for external application prepares the same way, but the rate of 2 tablespoons per cup of boiling water;
- decoction for oral administration: a teaspoon of dried minced raw pour a glass of hot boiled water, boil for 5 minutes, cool, strain and take a tablespoon 4 times a day;
- decoction for external use 4 tablespoons raw pour half a liter of hot boiling water, cook on low heat for 10 minutes, cool, strain and use as an external agent for the washing of wounds, or in the form of lotions;
- liqueur 4 tablespoons clover flowers pour half a liter of vodka or pure alcohol diluted by half, to insist in a dark place for 10 days, then strain and take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals;
- Ointment: a quarter cup of fresh crushed flowers poured a glass of water, placed in a water bath
Sauna and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures
in a sealed container and evaporated to give a viscous mass; then filtered and mixed with an equal amount of ointment base;
- milk, boiled for 15 minutes with the heads of clover drunk as a fortifying agent.
Red clover - one of the most famous in the country of plants, which can always be used with medicinal purposes.
Verbena: a drink of love and protection from vampires
November 1, 2011
Bright blooming shrub - verbena, has a unique ability to excite the appetite, add passion in relationships and even protect from evil spirits. More than two hundred species of herbaceous plants used in folk medicine, pharmacology, magical religious ceremonies. The high content of essential oils
Essential oils and conception: can help the roses?
in the roots, leaves and flowers, the presence of vitamin C brings the plant into the category of valuable medicinal herbs that can cure many diseases, relieve fatigue and restore beauty and youth.
About vervain in the language of botany
This plant has a lot of people's names: Seventh grass or vein Venus, Juno tear, magical plants, blood Mercury, grass Gracia, holy grass, Van Van, zalinyak, ironstone. Botanical name - verbena, Verbena officinalis, a genus of plants of the family Verbenaceae, which has two hundred and fifty species of annual grasses and dwarf shrubs up to one meter.
Flowers are the plant is very different: one color can be in a wide range - from white to bright red, from light blue to dark blue, and white or cream eye. Verbena blooms from June to October. Most species of grass growing in the New World - from Chile to Canada. Several species of verbena grows in Central Asia, Europe, Siberia and the Far East. It is best to plant flowers and reproduces in full sun, drought and frost resistance. During flowering plant accumulates the largest percentage of essential oil, which is reminiscent of the smell of camphor, the main source of the substance is citral. In the same period, a pussy-willow contains up to a hundred milligrams of vitamin C.
Application of verbena
The earliest medicines from the leaves of marigolds have been released by industrial methods in the XIX century and were intended to strengthen and hair growth. Today, at any pharmacy easily buy verbena in powder or assembly, decoctions and infusions that are used to treat migraine
I have a migraine. What to do?
To reduce body temperature, with certain diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, for appetite.
The roots of the verbena drug used in canning cucumbers and preparations for the winter: the addition of this plant in the pouring the vegetables give a special flavor and taste. Tea made from marigolds is drunk to improve the general condition, maintenance of health, mood, for the normalization of deep sleep
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
. Tea helps with various women's diseases, promotes lactation through breast-feeding infants, but is contraindicated in pregnancy. In cosmetology decoctions and infusions of verbena is used for the preparation of ointments, lotions and bath, through which you can easily get rid of the redness and irritation of the skin of the face and body, rinse hair.
It is interesting
Celtic priests were made from verbena bewitching brew of love, which has another function: it is cast out demons and protected from evil spirits, vampires. Not for nothing was called vervain herb of Venus: the infusion of this plant helped lovers to keep the fire of mutual attraction, put out negative emotions
Emotions and culture: how to decipher the emotional code
, Fear, anger, resentment, brought in a cheerful mood. Verbena was a grass ancient times of peace, happiness and harmony: it gave to the wedding, held in their hands during the peace talks.
Ancient Greeks and Romans revered as a sacred plant vervain Mars and Venus. From bright woven wreaths of flowers that cleans the house and protect the family, it was a symbol of a strong marriage. The first Christians called verbena "grass of the cross," because, according to legend, it was at this plant was shed blood on the cross of Jesus Christ.
Verbena juice was used as a love potion in many magical ceremonies in different people, in different centuries. In the East, still relevant legend that this juice fulfills all desires and protects people from evil eye, damage, and all the diseases that he drink prepared on the basis of the juice of flowers Verbena, runs all evil, his fear sorcerers, witches and ghouls.
Prejudice and superstition are alive and kicking, but medicinal vervain can not be overestimated: it a valuable part of helping to get rid of fatigue and boredom, regain the beauty of skin and hair, quickly heal the physical and mental wounds to stop the bleeding.