Yarrow and its beneficial properties: amazing power
November 14, 2010
Yarrow - one of the most popular traditional medicines. Even in ancient times it was known that is capable of stopping bleeding yarrow, and this property is widely used in the treatment of various wounds. Application yarrow can be found in many internal diseases.
The botanical characteristics of yarrow
Yarrow - a perennial herb with creeping rhizome, which depart from the underground shoots. Refers yarrow family Asteraceae, has direct fluffy stems in height from 20 to 80 cm. Leaves lanceolate him, next. The flowers are white, pink, yellow, red, are collected in baskets, form complex shields diameter of 5 to 15 cm. Fruit - brown achenes. It blooms from June until the end of summer. It grows in the fields, boundary strips, roadsides, dry meadows, forest edges, steppe slopes.
Grass Yarrow collected in the flowering stage, cutting off the leafy tops of the shoots up to 15 cm. The raw material is collected in dry weather, after the dew will come. Dried material under the eaves in the open air or in a well-ventilated area, spreading a thin layer and periodically pomeshmvaya.
In winter sometimes harvested from a mixture of powder of dried yarrow and nettle leaves (1: 1). The powder can be stored in dry form or as slurry brewed with boiling water. Apply a powder as an external agent.
The chemical composition of yarrow and its impact on the human body
The leaves contain essential oils
Essential oils and conception: can help the roses?
Alkaloids, resins, organic acids, carotene, vitamins C and K, volatile, tannins, and copper. The seeds of many fatty oil.
Yarrow has on the human body tonic, soothing, krovoostanovlivayuschee, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, analgesic (including by removing muscle spasm), choleretic, lowers blood pressure and astringent effect, reduces flatulence, and allergic reactions.
But the most well-known property of yarrow - the ability to stop the bleeding. It is used for any bleeding: resulting injuries, internal bleeding of any origin (gastrointestinal, uterine, lung, and so on). Stopping the bleeding is due to increased blood clotting (the action of vitamin K) and strengthening the walls of blood vessels (the effect of vitamin C).
Which diseases drugs used yarrow
Drugs used yarrow:
- when various types of bleeding - uterine, lung, gastrointestinal, exterior, resulting injury and so on;
- in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by smooth muscle spasms and pain - relieves spasms and reduces pain;
- in diseases of the gallbladder and bile ducts - Reduces effects of inflammation, spasms, improves the secretion of bile;
Hemorrhoids - a shameful disease
- Reduces inflammation, pain and bleeding hemorrhoids;
- in the treatment of wounds, cuts and burns - reduces inflammation, activates the healing process;
- with a decrease in immunity, including in various purulent diseases as a fortifying agent;
- obesity and atherosclerosis - to improve the metabolic processes;
- with initial stages of hypertension as a means of lowering blood pressure
Blood pressure - dangerous if his swing?
(in the later stages to take it is not necessary because of the increased blood clotting and a tendency to thrombosis);
- with diarrhea - as an astringent;
- at various bronchopulmonary diseases as anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and expectorant;
- allergic diseases - reduces allergic disposition;
- as a fortifying agent after a severe, including infectious diseases.
Yarrow is contraindicated in pregnancy.
How to cook at home yarrow
At home, you can cook from yarrow extracts:
- infusion of yarrow for internal use; tablespoon dried minced raw material to put in an enamel bowl, pour a glass of boiling water, cover and place in a water bath
Sauna and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures
and heated for 15 minutes, then cooled for 45 minutes, drain, squeeze, to bring the volume of the resulting infusion to the initial level and to take a third cup three times a day, half an hour before a meal;
- yarrow tincture for external use; three tablespoons dried minced raw pour a glass of boiling water, everyone else is doing the same as in the preparation of infusions for internal use; derived extract is washed the wound, applied to ulcers infusion moistened wipes.
Yarrow - a plant that has served our remote ancestors, grandparents and serve children and grandchildren.
Plants with antidiabetic properties almost insulin, only better
September 19, 2011
Diabetes was known thousands of years ago, when there was no insulin
The principles of action of insulin - the science of saving lives
Or other drugs in the usual sense, but doctors of the time the disease is divided into two types: a deadly and difficult to treat. Treatment in ancient times was built approximately the same principles as today: exercise
Myths about exercise: do not believe
, Compliance nutrition and medicinal plants.
Modern doctors are well aware of the benefits of herbal medicine
Phytotherapy and menopause - without the side effects
for the treatment of diabetes
Diabetes - threatening and incurable disease
the second type and is often prescribed. Plants used for this purpose about two hundred.
- Beans. Use leaf mature beans. One tablespoon of the standard broken wings cook on low heat for 20 minutes, then cover with a lid. The broth can be drunk four hours later a quarter cup four times a day before meals.
- Nettles. Use dry leaves. A tablespoon of nettle leaves pour one cup of boiling water and then soaked in a thermos at least an hour. Infusion drink one standard tablespoon four times a day before meals.
- Rosehip. Use fruit and leaves. Three tablespoons of crushed fruits pour three cups of water, then boil for three minutes under the lid, and then soaked in a thermos at least three hours. Drink one standard glass three times a day after meals. Three tablespoons of dried leaves pour three cups of water, then boil for three minutes under the lid, pushing at least one hour and drink as a tea, one glass after a meal.
- Blackcurrant. Use leaves collected from May to June. One and a half tablespoons of steamed leaves a half cups of water, then boil for ten minutes, insist at least four hours. Drink half a cup three times a day after meals, as a tea.
- Rowan red. Use berries. Dessert spoon of crushed fruit steamed glass of water, then boiled for 20 minutes, covered, insist at least three hours and drink one standard tablespoon after eating three times a day.
- Cranberry. Used berries. Three tablespoons of berries pour three cups of water, then boiled for five minutes under the lid, pushing at least half an hour and one standard drink a glass three times a day between meals.
- Kalina. Use bark harvested in April - May and the fruits. Dessert spoon bark pour a glass of water, then boil for ten minutes, insist at least twenty minutes. Drink one standard tablespoon before meals, three times a day. A tablespoon of crushed fruits pour a half cups of water, then boil for five minutes, pushing three hours. Drink half a glass before a meal three times a day.
- Blackberries. Use leaves and berries. One and a half tablespoons of steamed leaves a half cups of water, then boil for five minutes, insist at least three hours. Drink half cup three times a day before meals. The berries are used differently. A tablespoon of prepared fruit steamed glass of water, then boil for five minutes under the lid, pushing at least one hour. Drink half a cup twice a day after meals.
- Lingonberry. Use leaves collected in early spring and fruit. Three teaspoons of leaves steamed three cups of boiling water, and then insist for at least ten minutes and drink one glass after a meal, as a tea. Berries are used fresh or pickled form of half a cup three times a day.
- Birch. Use the swollen buds, collected in early spring, and leaves collected in June - July. Dessert spoon of birch buds pour water, boil for twenty minutes, insist at least six hours. Drink a fifth of the cup three times a day after meals. A tablespoon of steamed leaves with water, boil for ten minutes, taking a third cup three times with food.
- Aralia Manchu. Use the bark and root. A tablespoon of prepared raw steamed glass of water, then boiled for half an hour, covered, cool, strain, bring the volume up to the glass. Drink a tablespoon three times a day before to sit down at the table.
- Rhodiola rosea. Use roots. 50 grams of chopped in a blender or grated roots pour 0, 5 liters of medical alcohol insist two weeks in a dark place. Drink 20 drops three times a day for thirty minutes before meals.
- Taraxacum officinale. Use the root and stems. A teaspoon of the prepared raw material is poured a glass of water, simmer, covered for fifteen minutes, insist half an hour, strain, bring the volume to the original. Take a tablespoon three times a day before meals.
- Oats. Use beans, green ears. Juice of raw ears, 10 drops three times daily before meals. 100 grams of beans pour three cups of water, then boiled for an hour, pushing overnight, filter. Drink half a cup three times a day before meals.