Ginseng tincture: leader in medicinal components - Potency
January 4, 2012
- Ginseng tincture: leader in medicinal components
Ginseng tincture and potency
With age, the male begins to decrease levels of male hormones. Some studies suggest that testosterone levels
Five myths about testosterone
may begin to decline at the age of thirty years, and this may lead to symptoms such as decreased libido, depressed mood, and erectile dysfunction. Although there may be some treatment of hormonal imbalance, some herbs may also be some benefit in the treatment of this condition.
Before starting any treatment, including herbal treatments, you should consult with your doctor about the existing symptoms.
One of the most well-known applications of ginseng was considered its use as an aphrodisiac
Aphrodisiacs: Do they help?
for men, although ginseng can be regarded as a means of treating many other conditions. It can help restore hormonal balance by stimulating the hypothalamus, resulting in increased production of hormones, helping the recovery of the genitals. Ginseng may also usilvat blood flow to the penis and helps in cases of erectile dysfunction.
You have to remember that herbal supplements, like any other drugs may interact with other drugs. Ginseng may interact with certain drugs, such as warfarin
Warfarin - indirect anticoagulants
And increase the risk of bleeding. Abuse of ginseng can cause side effects such as headaches and high blood pressure.
Asian ginseng or ginseng Panax - a special kind of ginseng, also known as Korean ginseng. Tincture from the root of this plant, which comes from the northern hemisphere East Asia, can be used to enhance male potency. Japanese prescribe this type of ginseng as a means to enhance libido and blood circulation, which improves erectile function. Some studies have shown an increase in sperm count and motility in men when used ginseng tincture. Another study found that Asian ginseng enhances libido (sexual desire) and decreases erection problems
Erection - what hinders and what helps a man to be a man
In Chinese medicine, ginseng panax, or red ginseng, are also often used as a herbal medicine for the treatment of sexual dysfunction, particularly in case of problems with erection. Some scientific studies support this traditional treatment, which has a positive effect on the ability to get an erection, sexual desire and sexual satisfaction completely. In laboratory experiments on animals, researchers have noted improvements in libido and sexual function. Chinese medicine believes that panax ginseng red has more energy yang, or male energy.
Hops - Handle with care - Application
June 17, 2010
- Hops - Handle with care
Botanical characteristics hops
Hops - a perennial climbing herb of the family Konopleva with fleshy branched roots. Stem climbing, ribbed, clinging to the spines along the edges, reaching four to five meters in length. The leaves are wide, 3-5-lobed, upper - round, at the bottom - heart-shaped, toothed on the edge, rough. Flowers unisexual dioecious. Male flowers on thin pedicels drooping, drooping panicles are located. Female flowers on very short stalks, gathered in the head, growing up in cones, arranged singly or brushes. The fruit is rounded in the form of nuts. Blooms in July-August.
Growing hops in the Caucasus, Siberia, the European part of Russia in the rain forests, alder, in bushes, on the banks of rivers, on fertile and moist soils. Cultivated as food, medicinal and ornamental plant.
Medicinal raw materials are hop cones, they are collected before full maturity when the stems are yellow-green color. They tear with short legs in good weather. Raw material is a kind of pleasant resinous smell and spicy taste.
The cones (female inflorescences) hops contain:
- lupulin - bitter substance, has a calming effect on the nervous system;
- essential oil - also soothes, improves digestion, gives a peculiar smell of hops;
- flavonoids - a major flavonoid xanthohumol hop, which strengthens bones and has the ability to prevent certain types of cancer, such as prostate cancer
Prostate cancer - the sad consequences of carelessness
- volatile - natural antibacterial agent;
- phytoestrogens - active substances acting similarly to the female sex hormone estrogen;
- ascorbic acid, B vitamins
B vitamins: the body useful helpers
- Necessary for the normalization of metabolic processes;
- organic acids (hmeledubilnaya, gumulenovaya, valeric) - are actively involved in metabolic processes;
- resin - have healing and antibacterial properties;
- tannins - astringent and bactericidal action.
The use of hop cones in medicine
Hop cones have a calming, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic (relieves spasms of smooth muscles of internal organs) and analgesic effect. Preparations made from hops, use:
- under stress, increased neuropsychiatric stress, insomnia - as a sedative;
- when vascular dystonia with a tendency to high blood pressure
Blood pressure - dangerous if his swing?
- As a soothing and normalizing the pressure means;
- in diseases involving muscle, joint and neuralgic pains - radiculitis, intercostal neuralgia, arthritis, painful menstruation, and so on - as an anesthetic;
- inflammatory diseases of the kidney and urinary tract - as anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and diuretic;
- in diseases of the digestive system - as an antispasmodic, and improving digestion means;
- in the menstrual cycle as a part of complex treatment.
Folk medicine has long been used hops and externally: as a rinse in diseases of the mouth and throat, in the form of ointments and poultices to relieve pain associated with injuries, pain in joints
Joint pain - how to understand what is going on?
, Myelitis; as a tincture for the treatment of scalp with seborrhea, inflammatory skin diseases and ulcers.
With preparations made from hops should be treated with caution, as a large dose of hops it is a poison. In such cases, you may receive a general malaise, headache, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath, pain in the heart, a sense of general fatigue and weakness.
How to cook the drug of hop cones
Of hops can be prepared:
- infusion oral: half tablespoon dried minced raw pour a glass of boiled water, fifteen minutes, strain and drink a third cup three times a day for half an hour before a meal as a sedative, analgesic and antispasmodic;
- tincture for external use: two tablespoons pour a half cups of boiling water for fifteen minutes, strain and used externally to treat skin diseases;
- soothing tea with valerian hops: a teaspoon of dry powdered hop cones and dry chopped valerian root put in a tea infuser, pour a glass of boiling water for fifteen minutes, strain and drink a cup at night.
Taking herbal medicines should not forget that in overdose, they can be dangerous.