The first day of the menstrual cycle - how to relieve discomfort
October 26th, 2012
The emergence of pain in the first day of the menstrual cycle
The days of the menstrual cycle: Four phases
or rejection of the endometrium is a common condition and can occur according to some sources at a frequency of 8% to 80%. By painful sensations joins more complex neuro, behavioral and metabolic disorders that affect the psychosomatic condition of the woman. Such feelings relate to violations of the cycle, and they are called dysmenorrhea or algodismenorei.
Features of clinical picture of dysmenorrhea
In most cases, the leading symptom of dysmenorrhea is intense pain. Sometimes joined by other pathological symptoms that bother women more than pain. By the nature of pain may be characterized as follows:
- pain appears a few days before the expected menstrual period or on the first day of its inception
- severe pain intensity, is cramping and paroxysmal in nature
- often radiating pain in the lumbar region, much less in the groin or genital area outside
The onset of pain is accompanied by the addition of vegetative symptoms - a woman expressed worries weakness, headache
Headache: Causes and Complications
spastic character, nausea, repeated vomiting. The body temperature rises to 38˚S, there may be bloating
Bloating - if you are bursting inside
and dry mouth. During an attack on the part of women develop syncope with loss of consciousness. In some cases, the autonomic symptoms coming to the fore, and in comparison with them the pain becomes less noticeable.
Pain during menstruation often occur in girls during adolescence, when it established a regular rhythm of the menstrual cycle (usually 1, 5 years from the start of the first menstrual period). This is especially seen in girls asthenic physique, emotional instability and increased excitability. Status uneven system is of great importance, so the type of nervous system can be regarded as a predisposing factor for the development of dysmenorrhea
Dysmenorrhea - the basis of infertility
. Particular attention in the occurrence of the reaction of women to the uterine spastic character attached to the pain threshold. On the clinical examples, it was shown that an effort of will, strong motivation, shifting attention to other activities can be reduced pain and even suppress it. If dysmenorrhea develops in the absence of anatomic changes of the reproductive system, a form called the primary. When the existence of pathological processes in the pelvic organs that cause algodismenorei, talk about the secondary nature of the changes.
Do I have to endure the pain
Most women believe that pain is a normal phenomenon that accompanies the first day of the cycle. With this we can agree, if the pain does not affect the general condition of the woman. Indeed, in some cases, on the first day of menstruation due to severe pain may come disability. From this perspective, the problem of dysmenorrhea regard as medical and social.
With the purpose of treatment developed a set of drug and non-drug interventions that help alleviate the suffering of
. It has been proven that a significant role in the occurrence of spastic contractions of the uterus belongs to an increased synthesis of compounds from the group of prostaglandins
. They are powerful stimulators of contractions and lead to the development of pain
. In this regard, as an analgesic can be employed increased prostaglandin synthesis inhibitors
. The use of indomethacin, brufen, Naprosyn, aspirin is better to start two, three days before menstruation and continue for several days after initiation
. It is important to remember that this group of drugs indicated the presence of a negative impact on the state of the gastric mucosa, so the presence of pathology of the digestive tract from their reception is better to refrain
. If the woman dysmenorrhea occurs with a predominance of autonomic symptoms, it is recommended for therapeutic purposes to use sedatives, while depending on the severity of it can be herbal medicines or tranquilizers (eg relanium)
. In this case, the appointment of tranquilizers should be solved together with the neurologist
. As a therapeutic agent group used contraceptives or COCs with an increased content of progestin component
. These women should drink for three months, during which assesses the effectiveness of this method
For non-drug treatments include physiotherapy, acupuncture method. The use of ultrasound, diadynamic currents reduces the severity of pain and improves health. It is not recommended to warm up the area abdomen or waist, sweating in the sauna, as some women prefer to ways to reduce the pain. Relief comes after the acupuncture sessions, with those pronounced effect can be felt immediately at the first session.
An important point in the whole medical complex is the question of nutrition and physical activity. The menstrual period is not recommended to consume in large quantities marinades, spices, canned goods, meats, as well as chocolate, coffee and alcoholic beverages. The diet should be as fortified, contain fresh fruits and vegetables. Physical activity in those days allowed and recommended. You can not engage in strength training, and metered load or improving gymnastics must necessarily be included in the daily routine. General physical development of women should be given more attention, to engage in such sports as swimming, skating.
- the phase of the menstrual cycle
The regulation of the menstrual cycle traditional methods - the recipes of our grandmothers
May 26, 2011
Traditional medicine has turned its treatment of menstrual disorders
Menstrual cycle and its characteristics
. There is a means to reduce pain, hemostatic agents for the regulation of scarce irregular bleeding. But before you start using a particular tool, you need to see a doctor and find out what was the cause of menstrual disorders.
Traditional methods for reducing the pain associated with menstruation
When painful menstruation, traditional medicine recommends:
- infusion of horsetail: tablespoon of herbs, pour a glass of boiling water, to insist 20 minutes, strain and drink a quarter cup three times a day;
- infusion of chamomile: a teaspoon of chamomile flowers, pour a glass of boiling water, to insist 15 minutes, strain and drink a quarter cup three times a day;
- Infusion of flowers Daisy, two teaspoons of daisy flowers, pour a glass of boiling water, to insist 15 minutes and drink potsedit fifth of the cup five times a day;
- infusion of the following fees: Mix a tablespoon of buckthorn bark, birch leaves, blackberry leaves, peppermint, yarrow, valerian root; take a tablespoon of the mixture, pour a glass of boiling water, infuse, strain and drink a quarter cup four times a day;
- infusion of the following fees: Mix half a tablespoon of herb lemon balm, mint
Mint and its useful properties: aromatic freshness
peppermint, chamomile, calendula flowers, herbs, rue, buckthorn bark; take half a tablespoon of the mixture, pour a glass of boiling water, infuse, strain and drink a quarter cup four times a day;
- Soothing Herbal tea: Mix two tablespoons of motherwort and a tablespoon of thyme, chamomile flowers, grass clover; two teaspoons of the mixture, pour a glass of boiling water, infuse, strain and drink a third cup three times a day.
Folk remedies for reducing the duration and volume of menstrual bleeding
To reduce the loss of blood during menstruation and intermenstrual bleeding is recommended:
- Infusion of flowers Helichrysum (collected at the beginning of flowering): Helichrysum flowers tablespoon, pour a glass of boiling water, to insist 15 minutes, strain and drink a quarter cup three times a day;
- St. John's wort tincture: tablespoon of herbs, pour a glass of boiling water, to insist 20 minutes, strain and drink a third cup three times a day after meals;
- infusion of herbs bell: two teaspoons of herbs, pour a glass of boiling water, to insist 20 minutes, strain and drink a tablespoon three times daily after meals;
- infusion of leaves is clear: half a tablespoon of leaves pour two cups of boiling water, to insist 15 minutes, strain and drink a quarter cup four times a day;
- infusion of fir needles: needles tablespoon, pour a glass of boiling water, to insist 20 minutes, strain and drink a third cup three times a day after meals;
- infusion of oak bark with red wine: half a teaspoon of bark pour two cups of cold boiled water and infuse water 8 hours; in a glass infusion add a glass of dry red wine and drink during the day;
- decoction of the bark of Viburnum (going to the spring with branches): two teaspoons of bark pour a glass of cold water, bring to a boil, boil for 10 minutes, cool, strain and drink two tablespoons three times a day;
- decoction of leaves of peppermint: half a tablespoon, pour a glass of hot water, heated in a water bath
Sauna and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures
15 minutes (stirring) with the lid closed, cool, strain, bring the volume to the initial boiling water and take on a third cup three times a day;
- the skin of frogs: dry skin burnt and the ashes taken orally on a teaspoon a day (an ancient Indian method of reducing menstrual bleeding).
Folk remedies when scarce and rare menstruation
- brewer's yeast: Take on an empty stomach in the morning for a few days for half a glass of beer yeast
Brewer's yeast and their healing properties: an indispensable source of vitamins
Diluted in half a glass of milk;
- five raw eggs shell pound in a mortar, mixed with two finely chopped lemon (with crust), insist day, then add half a liter of vodka; take a quarter cup three times a day after meals for six months;
- tea from oregano: teaspoon pour a glass of boiling water, to insist 15 minutes and drink like a normal tea;
- decoction of the following collection: Take a tablespoon of herbs yarrow, licorice root, juniper fruit, herb St. John's wort herb rue; tablespoon collection pour a glass of cold water, bring to a boil, cook for 15 minutes, cool, strain, top up to the initial level and take a glass at night;
- infusion of the following fees: Take two tablespoons of buckthorn bark and grass rue, three tablespoons rosemary leaves; Spoon collection pour a glass of boiling water, to insist 20 minutes, drain and take a glass twice a day.
Do not forget to pre-treatment to consult a doctor.
- regulation of the menstrual cycle