Lupus and mental health problems - we appreciate what we have
June 28, 2012
- Lupus and mental health problems - we appreciate what we have
Lupus can significantly affect the mental health and emotional state, regardless of whether you have recently put this diagnosis or you live for many years with him. In any case, you've probably experienced the mental and physical problems, such as attention problems and poor sleep
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
. You also probably experienced sorrow, fear, anxiety and depression.
It is quite normal for a person with the disease lupus. Background occurrence of these conditions will help you come up with a method of overcoming the problems that hinder daily activities.
Nature sensations and feelings
Feelings and emotions
Emotions and culture: how to decipher the emotional code
Directly associated with the disease lupus can occur for various reasons, namely:
- External manifestation of the disease or its treatment
Visible problems such as a rash on the face, or the extra weight of corticosteroids used to treat lupus, can affect the appearance and self-esteem.
- Restrictions on work and other activity
Pain, fatigue and other symptoms may impede their favorite things. Disease or its treatment may cause the need to reduce the working day, or even dismissal. This can affect the performance of the positive feelings from his beloved work, on the demand, and achieve the goal that is not unimportant on income.
- Pain, fatigue and other physical manifestations of the disease
Living with the constant feeling of pain and other symptoms can be any person becomes fatigued. Emotionally, it can lead to frustration and feelings of hopelessness.
When you feel sick or are using all your energy just to survive one day, you think of social activity less likely. Worries about changes in your appearance can also alienate you from the congregation.
- Uncertainty about the future
Chronic unpredictable disease can cause you insecurity and anxiety. You will think about how it will develop the illness if you can remain independent or to cope with this physically and financially.
- Difficulties in family relationships
If you are sick of a chronic disease such as lupus, you may be hard to take care of their home, or care for a family as you would like. Since the disease can manifest and develop, at the same time without any external signs, your family can not understand why you refuse to do what previously was part of your duties. They may even wonder about the artificiality of the disease.
Mental impact of lupus
Sometimes the mental and emotional effects of lupus can be associated with the process of the disease or the drugs used to treat. Part of the problem associated with the disease include:
Many people with lupus experience a lot of problems associated with the disease, including forgetfulness or difficulty thinking. They can describe the problem as a vague thought or haziness. These problems often coincide with periods of increased disease activity and exacerbations. But confusion can also be a sign of depression
Depression - a little more than a bad mood
This can be a psychological reaction to the presence of lupus, or as a side effect of treatment. These problems may be a direct consequence of the disease. Doctors often find it difficult to determine the true cause.
- Mood swings and personality changes
Patients with lupus may experience unpredictable changes in mood and personality traits. These may include feelings of anger and irritability
Irritability - you try to control my temper
. It can be connected directly to the progress of the disease, or in some cases, the use of corticosteroids.
Coxarthrosis 2 degree - the process of deformation
May 17, 2014
Coxarthrosis 2 degrees - this is one of the varieties of deforming arthrosis. Coxarthrosis causes damage to the cartilage in the hip joints, the result of which may be as mild pain and, in severe cases, loss of ability to work.
There is unilateral and bilateral coxarthrosis 2 degrees - in these disorders is struck by one or both hips, respectively. These species occur coxarthrosis with approximately equal frequency.
Symptoms koksartroza 2 degrees
If coxarthrosis 1 degree
Coxarthrosis 1 degree - the first signals
Joint pain - how to understand what is going on?
Usually arise from time to time, and disappear after a short rest, the hip coxarthrosis
Coxarthrosis hip joint - cartilage damage
2 degrees can cause pain even when the person is at rest. Often the pain is radiate - it is given in the groin, in the lower back and hips. In the morning stiffness of the joints can be observed, but after people like or do exercises this symptom usually disappears for a while. Sometimes, after long physical activities can occur limp, but it is usually too quickly.
When symptoms of coxarthrosis as soon as possible to see a doctor. The sooner you start treatment, the less likely that coxarthrosis seriously affect your ability to work and quality of life in general.
In many cases, the exact cause of coxarthrosis fails. It is believed that this violation is developed due to the impact of several factors, the most important of which is the natural aging process, which leads to a slow destruction of all tissues, including cartilage. Other factors that increase the likelihood of coxarthrosis are overweight, strong and regular stress on the joints, as well as some inborn errors of the structure of the joints.
In many cases, coxarthrosis deformans
Coxarthrosis - inflammation of the hip joints
2 degree successfully treated with conservative methods. If in time to reveal a violation, the progression of coxarthrosis can significantly slow down, and even surgery can be avoided.
- Getting rid of excess weight - one of the most important conditions for the successful treatment of coxarthrosis 2 degrees
. If a person has overweight or obese, and he did not lose weight, or even more to get better, the likelihood that coxarthrosis will progress rapidly, significantly increased
. People with overweight, who diagnosed a violation, it is necessary as soon as possible to reduce caloric intake and start to play sports
. You can ask your doctor to develop a plan for you diet and exercise, but you can do it yourself
. If you do not have severe obesity and any chronic diseases (eg diabetes), in order to lose weight in a healthy way, you only need to spend more calories than you consume
. In addition, the diet should be as diverse - the lack of nutrients sometimes leads to aggravation of the symptoms of coxarthrosis and cause other health problems
- Physiotherapy. Numerous studies have confirmed the effectiveness of physiotherapy in the treatment of coxarthrosis. When patients with coxarthrosis 3 degrees, it is almost useless when the degree of coxarthrosis 2 physiotherapy may yield very good results. Performing special exercises helps to strengthen the thigh muscles, increase joint mobility, relieve pain. In addition, movement stimulates circulation, whereby cartilage receives more nutrients. It is unlikely that as a result of damaged cartilage recover, but may slow down the development of coxarthrosis. Typically, therapists recommend that patients several times a week to carry out a complex of aerobic and strength training, and stretching exercises.
- Cold and hot compresses to help relieve pain in coxarthrosis 2 degrees. It is possible to alternate hot and cold compresses, and use only those packs that have proven most effective for you. In addition, in coxarthrosis useful to take warm baths, cool showers and / or douche. Experiment with high and low temperatures, and you'll quickly realize that the best way of helping you to pain with coxarthrosis.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation. This procedure is not included in the standard list of treatments deforming coxarthrosis of the hip joints, but it can pass in some clinics and health centers. On the skin of the patient is placed electrodes through which the weak electric current. It is believed that it stops the pain signals coming into the brain, and thereby alleviates the pain for a short time.
- Acupuncture or acupuncture in China for thousands of years has been used to relieve various pains, and now it is becoming more common in the west. While scientists are divided about whether acupuncture is effective in coxarthrosis, but some studies suggest that this method can indeed relieve pain in the diseased joints. For example, during one recent study, which was attended by 352 people suffering from coxarthrosis, the majority of subjects after the acupuncture sessions the pain lessened. The scientists who conducted the study, stressed that acupuncture seems to be effective only with mild to moderate pain.
- OTC pain medications for oral administration are widely used to relieve the symptoms of type 2 koksartroza. As a rule, doctors primarily recommend taking acetaminophen - the OTC drug is considered to be sufficiently safe and effective for most patients. Usually receive up to 4 grams of acetaminophen a day allows you to completely get rid of the pain in the joints. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) is also very good facilitates pain in the hip joints, but they are more likely to cause side effects, so it is recommended to take the lowest effective dose and for the least extended period of time.
- Analgesics ointments containing, for example, NSAID or capsaicin, may be used in addition to other means to relieve the symptoms of coxarthrosis 2 degrees.
- Cauterized corticosteroids. If other means were not sufficiently effective, the doctor may prescribe injections of corticosteroid drugs that have strong anti-inflammatory effect. The drug is injected directly into the hip joints, where there is a source of inflammation and pain. Some patients have to do three or four injections of corticosteroids in the year.
- Injections of hyaluronic acid. It is believed that the hyaluronic acid restores normal consistency of synovial fluid, thereby improving joint function. However, many experts doubt the effectiveness of injections of hyaluronic acid, and prescribe them to treat coxarthrosis 2 degrees are rare.
- Supplements containing glucosamine and / or chondroitin. Supplementation with one or both of these substances can alleviate the symptoms of coxarthrosis. However, it does not help everyone, and experts recommend to stop taking the medications if the result would not be noticeable in five to six weeks after beginning treatment.
- Opioid, or narcotic analgesics. Drugs of this type prescribed to patients suffering from very severe pain, which does not help other painkillers. Take them for a long time is impossible, since they can cause dependence and several other side effects.