Taking care of the skin and joints in psoriatic arthritis - the right treatment and care - Care
July 18, 2012
- Taking care of the skin and joints in psoriatic arthritis - the right treatment and care
Care in the home - the physical and emotional aspects
The positive effects of drugs is not immediately, you can supplement treatment activities that are easy to carry out at home.
- Do not over-dry skin, use moisturizers and lotions, preferably suitable for everyday use. Dry cracked skin is extremely vulnerable, and sometimes it is damaged dry skin
Dry skin: care and treatment
can cause psoriasis.
- Use a mild soap. Do not think that the liquid soap is more useful, because in fact it is not a soap, and detergents containing surfactants, and very often its effects on the skin more aggressively than in the bar soap.
- Try not to hide from the light. Ultraviolet in moderation useful for psoriasis
Psoriasis - immune system alarm
- Sessions light or phototherapy
Phototherapy - restores vitality
You can take place in a hospital, but if you have special equipment, you can do it at home. You use light therapy or not, in any case, do not let burn, any microdamages skin can trigger the growth of psoriatic plaques.
- Do not brush plaque.
Caring for the joints at home
Your daily life goes on as usual, improvement or deterioration can occur after an indefinite amount of time. Take care to protect their joints now.
- Train your muscles.
- Regular exercise strengthens muscles around the joints, maintain their flexibility and strength, which is very important for weight lifting. But do not overdo it, excessive exercise can lead to injuries.
- Eat right.
- You may have heard about the special diets that magically relieve arthritis. To date, no single piece of evidence that such diets actually work. The food itself does not affect the joints, but what you eat, it is important for your weight and your body's assimilation of nutrients. Try to eat more fruits and vegetables, limit your intake of sugar and foods with a high content of fat.
- Watch your weight. For people suffering from psoriatic arthritis
Psoriatic arthritis - be attentive to his hands
It is very important to prevent the emergence of excess weight. If your weight is higher than normal, try to reduce it. In normal weight reduces stress on the joints and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Use different methods of pain relief of symptoms, can be used warm and cold wraps, but it is also very important to give enough time to rest. But this does not mean that you have as much time to spend in bed. Follow your doctor's recommendations.
Do not despair and think that your life now is full of pain and your ailment will not allow you to enjoy life as before. All you need - is skilled care and proper treatment. It is important to know that will help you control the disease, and what tools are designed to improve the condition of your joints and skin in psoriatic arthritis.
Coxarthrosis hip joint - cartilage damage - How to Treat
May 17, 2014
- Coxarthrosis hip joint - cartilage damage
- How to treat
How to treat coxarthrosis of the hip
The main objective in the treatment of this disorder is to restore mobility of the hip joints and the preservation of the usual quality of life.
As a general rule, primarily assigned conservative treatment of coxarthrosis hip, which includes:
- Weight loss, if the patient is overweight. Everyone lost weight significantly reduces the load on the hips. Significant weight loss in people who are overweight or obese can slow the development of coxarthrosis. In addition, experts say that the reduction in the weight of only five kilograms relieves pain, on average, by 20%;
- Aerobic exercise. Symptoms koksartroza did not motivate patients to play sports. However, studies have shown that low levels of physical activity causes such symptoms of disorders such as pain and stiffness in the joints, is gradually becoming more pronounced. Regular aerobic activity accelerate blood circulation and stimulate the nutrition of cartilage. In addition, they help to maintain a healthy weight. Doctors recommend patients with coxarthrosis lead as soon as possible a more active lifestyle, but avoid very intensive exercise, such as running or jumping. Optimum views aerobic exercise at the same violation are walking, cycling and swimming;
- Strength training. Strong muscle may reduce the load on the joints and retard further cartilage damage. To relieve the symptoms of coxarthrosis of the hip joints, it is recommended to pay special attention to training thigh quadriceps muscle, which covers the front of the thigh;
- Stretching increases the range of motion and restore or maintain joint mobility. Besides, the more your joints move, the more nutrients receives cartilage and thereby slowing the development of coxarthrosis. To increase flexibility, you can perform specific stretching exercises
Stretching exercises - Be careful
As well as yoga and Pilates;
- Supplementation with glucosamine
Glucosamine - a building material of an organism
and chondroitin presumably protect cartilage from damage. While there is no evidence that they can slow the progression of coxarthrosis, but some studies suggest that they can greatly alleviate the symptoms of this disorder;
- OTC pain relievers, such as naproxen, ibuprofen, aspirin and acetaminophen are often used to relieve symptoms of coxarthrosis of the hip joints. However, it is recommended to take them only for a short time. If the patient requires anesthesia for several months in a row, probably, he needs no medicine and surgery;
- Prescription painkillers such as codeine may be prescribed under very severe pain caused by coxarthrosis;
- Injections of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid acts as a lubricant and improves the cushioning properties of the joints. Injections can be administered in cases where drugs do not help to relieve pain in joints
Joint pain - how to understand what is going on?
- Operation coxarthrosis hip requires only a small proportion of patients. It is awarded when conservative treatments have not given the expected results, as well as serious damage to the hip joint. Surgery can significantly ease symptoms and improve quality of life, but no it does not guarantee full recovery of joint mobility.
Arthroplasty - this is the most invasive of all transactions for the treatment of hip coxarthrosis
Treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip: how to halt disease
. During the operation the hip joint is replaced with a prosthesis made of metal, plastic or ceramic. Typically, patients received antibiotics before and after surgery to reduce the risk of infections. The operation itself is carried out, in most cases, under general anesthesia, and after its completion the patient remains in the hospital for at least four days. Most patients are discharged from the hospital no more than a week. During his stay in the hospital, patients taking analgesics (their dose is reduced in proportion as the pain is weakened), antibiotics, and perform a variety of exercises to help speed up the recovery process.
As a rule, patients begin to get out of bed the next day after surgery. In the first few weeks of walking, they may need to be stick or crutches. Physical therapist helps the patient not only to learn to walk, leaning on them, but also to dress themselves and perform other daily activities. It also gives various instructions, execution of which prevents damage after various operations. For example, patients are not recommended to sit with his legs crossed, bend the hips more than ninety degrees, and so on.
Full recovery from surgery takes at least six weeks, but many activities, patients can go back much earlier. For example, the sex can usually have 4-6 weeks later (however, it is always better to ask your doctor whether it is safe for you), and to drive a car - 6-8 weeks (provided the machine with an automatic transmission) . It is important that the patient is carefully watching their weight. Due to the structural features of the femur, total weight gain of 0.5 kg increases the load on the hips by approximately 1.5 kg. Maintaining a healthy weight will allow your new joint serve you as long as possible. In addition, it is necessary to lead a healthy lifestyle, eat right and have regular examinations by a doctor.