Oatmeal diet - will help or hurt?
November 8, 2009
Supporters oatmeal diet claim that it not only helps to get rid of the extra kilos and reduce the level of cholesterol, but also reduces the risk of cancer. One of the most common oat diets as follows. During the first week should eat only oatmeal. Each meal should consist of a half cup of oatmeal if desired - with the same amount of milk. Permitted only whole oat flakes, the flakes have different fast food should be excluded. During the first seven days it is necessary to consume from 900 to 1200 kcal per day.
Over the next 30 days you need to eat half a cup of oatmeal three times a day; moreover, it allowed to eat any food, except for a very fatty, fried and sugary foods. Now you can eat cereal and noodles, but nevertheless must be kept in mind that the number of nutrients are considerably lower than in the solid flakes. At this stage it is possible to consume 1000-1300 kcal per day.
After 30 days, you can return to the usual diet, but it is strongly recommended to completely give up the fast food, polufabriktov, simple carbohydrates, and trans fats.
Approximate nutrition plan for oatmeal diet:
- Breakfast: oatmeal 0.5 cups, 0.5 cups of skim milk, 1 tablespoon raisins, 0.5 teaspoon cinnamon, coffee or tea without sugar and cream.
- Snack: 0.5 cups blueberries
- Lunch: 0.5 cups of oatmeal, 0.5 cups of low-fat yogurt, 1 banana
- Snack: 0.5 cups of fresh vegetables (eg, carrots, celery and bell pepper)
- Lunch: 120 4 chicken breast, boiled or grilled, salad of green vegetables, 0.5 cups of oatmeal
- Snack: a pudding without sugar
Advantages oatmeal diet:
- The oats contains a lot of soluble fiber, which allows for a long time to maintain a sense of satiety.
- Oatmeal diet helps to reduce the level of harmful LDL-cholesterol level without affecting HDL-cholesterol. Some scientists even believe that oats acts as effectively as drugs designed to lower cholesterol.
- Oatmeal is a great source of nizkoglikemicheskih carbohydrates that help to stabilize blood sugar levels
Blood sugar - one of the main indicators of human health
- The oats contain lignans are phytonutrients that are very beneficial for heart health.
- Reducing the risk of developing colon cancer. This effect is difficult to demonstrate oatmeal diet (mainly because, as the development of cancer and its prevention affects a great number of factors), but it is assumed that the soluble fiber found in oats, has anti-cancer effect.
- Rolled oats are quite inexpensive.
Disadvantages oatmeal diet:
- Calories below the level that is recommended for safe and healthy weight loss.
- Lack of diversity limits the possibility of receiving all the necessary nutrients.
- The diet requires drastic changes usual diet, especially in the first week; it is associated with an increased risk of so-called yo-yo effect (that is, after the weight loss people is rapidly gaining it back).
How to cook porridge
Porridge made from oatmeal "Hercules": boiling water poured usual oatmeal without additives and cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes. Porridge is better not to cook a thick (up to 200 ml of water, one tablespoon of oatmeal), so that it looked like a thick jelly - it's very useful for the gastrointestinal tract. To improve the taste in the finished porridge can add pieces of fresh fruit or dried fruit.
What do we get as a result of
It is believed that such a diet can lose up to three kilograms of body weight per week. After seethe cereal, porridge turns to jelly, which will envelop the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract and clear it from the products of metabolism
Metabolism: The basis of life of all living things
and harmful microorganisms, contributing at the same time reproduction of the normal microflora - this is purgation
Colon Cleansing - How to put an enema?
If you apply the oatmeal diet one day a week, then it will surely bring benefit the body: the body will be improved and cleansed of harmful products, which means that the metabolism
Improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting
work in full force, that in itself will help to get rid of excess weight.
In general, any diet based on any one product, albeit very useful, is not healthy because it is virtually impossible to make a well-balanced diet. Therefore, wishing to try the oatmeal diet is highly recommended to miss the first seven days, during which the need to have only porridge.
However, if included in the oatmeal diet is sufficient vegetables, fruits, milk products and lean meats, it helps to lose weight without harm to health.
Proper nutrition in osteoarthritis - become a vegetarian
September 26, 2010
- Proper nutrition in osteoarthritis - become a vegetarian
- Diet for Rheumatoid Arthritis
A healthy, balanced diet is important for everyone, but for patients with osteoarthritis, it is absolutely necessary. Special diets, which could be appointed in this disease does not exist, but experts advise patients to follow some recommendations.
Limit the number of calories consumed
Weight - one of the most important factors that may affect both the successful treatment and prevention and in the development of osteoarthritis. In one study it was found that women who were obese and lost weight only 6 kg, reduced the risk of developing osteoarthritis in half. Eat foods with reduced fat, eat small portions, cook without oil, cut off visible fat from meat.
Include in the diet of more fruits and vegetables
They contain antioxidants that destroy the body's cells against destruction. Some of antioxidants
Antioxidants: the truth about the notorious benefits
- Such as those contained in apples, onions and strawberries - can reduce inflammation of the joints
Inflammation of the joints - how to relieve the pain?
. This helps to significantly ease the pain of osteoarthritis.
The fatty acids omega-3
Omega-3 relieve pain in joints
Joint pain - how to understand what is going on?
and reduce joint stiffness in the morning. Furthermore, they facilitate the flow of inflammatory processes in the body. To get enough omega-3, you need at least two times a week to eat fish. The richest sources of omega-3 are trout, salmon, mackerel, herring, tuna and sardines.
Use olive oil instead of other fats
One of the olive oil contained in chemical compounds oleokantal helps prevent a variety of inflammation - it works almost as well as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that are commonly prescribed for osteoarthritis. Experts say that 3, 5 tablespoons provide the same analgesic effect as 200 mg of ibuprofen. (However, along with the pain relief, such as the amount of oil gives 400 kcal). If the use of olive oil for cooking, it can significantly reduce the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
Eat enough vitamin C.
Key elements for healthy joints, vitamin C is involved in the formation of collagen and connective tissue. Include in the diet of citrus and red bell peppers, strawberries, broccoli, cabbage. RDA for vitamin C is 75 mg for women and 95 mg for men.
Food cooked at high temperatures contribute to the development of compounds that can cause inflammation in the body. These compounds called advanced glycation end products (CPG). The high level of CNG related to the development not only of osteoarthritis, and heart disease
Heart disease and heart attacks: that every woman should know
and diabetes. CNG can reduce, limit the consumption of food cooked and fried foods, as well as grilled and oven.