Baby massage - no need to apply a force
August 12, 2007
Experts on child health say that every child, regardless of age, require regular massage. Interestingly, baby massage has long practiced in many Oriental and African peoples. Nowadays, in many tribes for children of all ages, including - a newborn, do massage, sometimes with the use of oils and herbal tinctures. In Western countries, the rhythm of life of many people is that they have to forget about what people remember, which is called primitive - touch reinforce the connection between children and parents, providing kids a sense of security and confidence in the senior. The main function of baby massage
Baby massage - what its good for your baby
(if it is not healing) - the creation and strengthening of psychological connection with the child.
The sense of touch - this is the first sense that develops in humans. Touch is very important for the health - both physical and psychological. It is known that infants who suffer from a lack of physical contact, less developed and even die (the latter can not be attributed only to a shortage of physical contact, but it is very likely - one of the co-factors). Children who get enough physical affection from their parents or guardians, in adult life are likely to be have healthy self-esteem and the ability to create and maintain a strong, deep interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect.
Baby Massage for health and anti-stress
Baby massage is a wonderful way to relieve stress. Many adults are mistaken in the belief that stress can only be them. In fact, a person is exposed to stress from birth. There is a direct link between stress
How to beat stress? Create an oasis
and the immune system. If the level of the stress hormone regularly increased, it gradually destroys the cells of the immune system, due to which the body is worse to cope with various diseases. Massage baby raises mood, gives him the feeling that he is not alone and cared for - it reduces the level of cortisol (stress hormone).
Small children can resist a little during the first massage - because this type of touch he is unfamiliar. But then they tend to relax, calm down and often fall asleep during the massage directly.
Massage infants need to do careful stroking movements. When a child learns to walk, start him a foot massage
Foot massage: relaxation and health improvement
, Feet. You can make massage, lightly tap on the back and foot edge of his hand. If you are not sure what to do massage properly, consult your doctor. Baby massage session should not last more than fifteen or twenty minutes, otherwise the child may begin to feel uncomfortable.
Baby massage, if you do it with the first months of life, stimulates the nervous system and brain, and the memory of this positive experience ever recorded in the cells of the body. This is not fantasy - people studied is not as detailed as it may seem, but it is known that humans are the memories of that age, he can not remember being in a normal state of consciousness. However, these memories have a tremendous impact on his future life.
Baby massage also improves blood circulation, stimulates digestion and is very useful for children with colic. As the child grows, massage stimulates the growth of muscle tissue, improves the coordination of movements. Children who are regularly massaged, often have better intellectual ability, greater stress tolerance.
Many doctors believe that the infant massage to be a natural part of child care, such as bathing. The specialist must massage the child only when indicated to do so. A simple and very useful massages can parents do - and the benefits that it will bring, will be manifested in many ways throughout their lives.
- Massage can not be carried out on an empty stomach and after eating. The best time - forty minutes after a meal. Another time, again from my own practice massage is usually very invigorating child. Two hours after the session grudnichok will want attention, communication, and perhaps a little pampered. Therefore, massage is best done in the morning.
- Massage can not be done if the child is in a bad mood or not feeling well. First you need to find the cause of the vagaries, and then think about massage.
- It is undesirable to use aromatic oils
Essential Oils - whether they will help in a difficult moment?
Totally different to anything superkremy cosmetic cream. By and large, the best refined sunflower oil cold-pressed, you can use grape seed oil. After the session, the child's body, it is desirable to get wet cloth. Use of powder is not necessary.
- Length should not exceed seven to ten minutes. Naturally, the movement should be light, soft, without causing discomfort. Massage should be like a child, only then it will bring him good. Always carefully follow the condition and mood of the child during the massage: No grudnichka on the planet who will silently endure discomfort. Fidgeting, whimpering, "abusive" weeping - a signal to parents that it is necessary to review the conduct of sessions. If a child smiles, waving his hands, coo - without words it is clear that it suits all, and is glad to dialogue with parents
A premature baby: care and possible complications
November 4th, 2007
- A premature baby: care and possible complications
- Common health problems
Considered premature baby born before 37 weeks gestation. Bodies of premature infants are not fully developed. A premature baby needs special care as long as the organ systems become developed enough to sustain life without medical assistance. It can take anywhere from several weeks to several months.
Causes and risk factors
At birth, the baby can be:
- Premature (born before 37 weeks gestation);
- Full-term (born at 37-42 weeks of pregnancy);
- Prolonged (born after 42 weeks of pregnancy).
Childbirth, which began before 37 weeks are called premature. Often, the cause of preterm labor is unknown. When a multiple pregnancy (pregnancy with twins, triplets, etc.) premature births occur in about 15% of cases.
The health status of the mother can contribute to the birth of a premature baby. The following conditions can cause premature birth:
- Heart disease;
- Infection (eg, urinary tract infection or infection of the amniotic sac);
- Kidney disease.
In addition, various problems associated with pregnancy, increasing the risk of preterm birth:
- Weakened cervix - cervical insufficiency;
- Congenital defects of the structure of the uterus;
- Premature birth in history;
- Poor diet immediately before pregnancy or during pregnancy;
- Pre-eclampsia - high blood pressure and protein levels in urine
The protein in the urine - a sign of danger, which should not be underestimated
after 20 weeks of pregnancy;
- Premature rupture of membranes.
Other factors that increase the risk of preterm birth:
- Maternal age (under 16 or older than 35);
- The lack of proper prenatal care;
- Low socio-economic status;
- Tobacco, cocaine or amphetamines.
Weight preterm infants less than in full-term babies. Common physical symptoms that occur in premature infants:
- Body hair (lanugo);
- Abnormal breathing (usually shallow and irregular breathing);
- Other breathing problems associated with immature lungs (respiratory distress syndrome of the newborn), or pneumonia;
- Enlargement of the clitoris (female children);
- Tone and muscle activity is lower than that of full-term infants;
- Problems with the power of the difficulty in sucking or coordinate swallowing and breathing;
- Fewer fat;
- Small scrotum and undescended testicle (for male children);
- Soft, flexible ear cartilage;
- Thin, smooth, shiny skin, often - transparent (you can see the veins through the skin).
These characteristics do not necessarily apply to all premature babies.
Most premature babies often do the following tests:
- Blood gas analysis;
- Blood Glucose
Glucose: The energy source
, Calcium and bilirubin;
- Chest X-ray;
- Continuous cardiorespiratory monitoring (monitoring of breathing and heart rate).
If preterm labor can not be stopped, medical staff preparing to leave with an increased risk; Sometimes a woman in travail rhinestones sent to centers that specialize in the care of premature babies.
After the birth of a child is placed in a so-called incubator, which closely monitored the air temperature. Special devices monitor the breathing of the child, his heart rate and oxygen levels in the blood.
Up to 34 weeks children are usually unable to coordinate sucking and swallowing. Therefore, these children are fed by means of a tube which through the nose or mouth into the stomach leads. Babies born very early, as well as sick children fed through a vein until the baby's condition is not stabilized so that his stomach could take food.
Preterm birth remains one of the most common causes of infant death, but thanks to advances in modern medicine the chances of survival are continuously increasing. Now the probability that a child born at 28 weeks' gestation survive, is at least 90%. On the other hand, there is a significant risk of complications, such as:
- Bleeding in the brain (intraventricular hemorrhage;
- newborns) or damage to the white matter of the brain (periventricular leukomalacia)
- Infection or neonatal sepsis;
- Low blood sugar
Blood sugar - one of the main indicators of human health
- Respiratory distress syndrome of newborn, pulmonary interstitial emphysema, pulmonary hemorrhage;
- Neonatal jaundice;
- Necrotizing enterocolitis;
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
Dysplasia - what is it?
- Stunting and development;
- Mental or physical disability;
- Retinopathy of prematurity, vision loss or blindness.