Espumizan - rapid release of gas - carminative
May 27, 2010
- Espumizan - rapid release of gas
Carminative - a medication that remove accumulated gases in the intestine through the natural way. The natural carminative assets include plants containing essential oils: fennel seeds
Dill: benefits and harms of fragrant spices
, Parsley, mint leaves
Mint and its useful properties: aromatic freshness
, Bay, valerian roots, and so on. Carminative action of these plants is that they relieve spasm (compression) of the smooth muscle walls of the gastrointestinal tract, particularly the muscles of the intestine, thus expanding the lumen and free to move gases.
Carminative new generation - Espumizan
Espumizan (INN - simethicone) produced by different pharmaceutical companies by name: dimethicone, activated silicon disflatil, meteospazmil, pepfiz, polysilane, simikol, and other tseolat
. Espumizan - carminative, but, unlike herbal preparations of this series, its action is based not so much on the muscles to relieve spasms of the gastrointestinal tract, as in the destruction of the gas bubbles in the intestinal mucus and intestinal masses (defoaming action)
. When receiving Espumizan roiskhodit merger process gas bubbles on contact and destruction (precipitation) foam
. The released gases can thus be absorbed by the intestinal wall, or excreted from the body via bowel movements (peristalsis)
. This reduces the total amount of gas in the intestines and reduced intraluminal pressure
. Furthermore, Espumizan forms a protective layer on the mucosa of the digestive tract and protects it from the mucous membrane of various actions
Espumizan not absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, after passing through output unchanged.
In medicine Espumizan used not only therapeutic, but also for diagnostic purposes, for X-ray, ultrasonic and endoscopic gastrointestinal tract, where the gases may overlap the image of the test bodies. After taking Espumizan contrast agent introduced into the gastrointestinal tract for a better image body well, without breaks, divided by the mucosa of the body. Espumizan prevents image defects caused by gas bubbles in the ultrasound and X-ray examination.
Indications and contraindications for use
Espumizan used for the treatment and diagnosis of not only adults but also children in the following cases:
- during bloating (flatulence), which is accompanied by various gastrointestinal disease, including infants;
- at bloating postoperatively (after operations on the gastrointestinal tract);
- Poisoning with detergents that cause foaming in the intestines (as antifoaming agent);
- before X-rays of the abdomen and pelvis;
- endoskpicheskim to study the stomach or intestines;
- before ultrasound of the liver, spleen or kidneys.
Contraindications Espumizan is a hypersensitivity to the drug, obstructive (overlapping the lumen of the gastrointestinal tract) of the state, including bowel obstruction. Application Espumizan during pregnancy and lactation
Breast-feeding: feed - and no nails!
Child permissible on prescription, since this drug is practically not absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract and can not adversely affect the fetus and the mother's milk allocated.
Side effects and drug compatibility when receiving Espumizan
Side effects may occur only in the form of allergic reactions (skin rashes, itching, swelling
Prevention and treatment of edema - it is important to understand the root cause
Angioedema and so on). Espumizan overdose have been identified. It is not necessary to appoint espumizanom simultaneously with other drugs, because it can disrupt their absorption in the gastrointestinal tract. Furthermore, prolonged use is not recommended in high doses Espumizan simultaneously with drugs, lowering gastric acidity (antacids): aluminum hydroxide, aluminum hydroxide and magnesium carbonate, and others.
How to take Espumizan
Espumizan available in capsules and as an emulsion, which is especially useful for infants. In sharp bloating adults can take 1-2 capsules Espumizan, infants - a teaspoon of emulsion.
Espumizan - good modern carminative, but we must remember that if you are constantly worried about bloating (especially when it comes to the baby), you should seek medical advice.
Laxatives: indications for use and side effects - Guidelines for acceptance of laxatives
December 5, 2010
- Laxatives: indications for use and side effects
- Recommendations for reception of laxatives
Recommendations for reception of laxatives
While the main function of laxatives - treatment of constipation, laxatives and in some cases may be recommended for other purposes.
- For pregnant women: Hormonal changes during pregnancy can lead to constipation. In order to slow down the intestine, are usually prescribed laxatives. It is necessary to strictly follow the recommended doses for effective results.
- After birth: after birth due to lack of physical activity and changes in the diet of a woman may face the problem of constipation. Laxatives are recommended to stimulate the intestine.
- Stimulation of the lack of activity of the intestine: in spite of the use of large amounts of fluids and high fiber diet, some people may suffer from constipation. Insufficient activity of the intestine compensate reception laxatives.
- After the operation: in some cases, after the operation, when the patient is not recommended muscle strain, doctors prescribe the use of laxatives.
- Before medical examination: in some cases, a medical examination is required bowel movement. In these cases the use of laxatives.
- Treatment of constipation caused by drugs: taking certain medications can cause constipation. For example, certain types of analgesics, antidepressants and anti-acid drugs can cause side effects such as constipation.
- In certain diseases: the individual diseases muscle tension may exacerbate the condition. Typically, doctors prescribe the use of laxatives for people suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure, hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids - a shameful disease
The side effects of laxatives
When used correctly, laxatives are safe, but prolonged administration of drugs can cause health problems. In most cases the "victims" of laxatives are women who take such drugs to lose weight. Passionately dreaming of a quick weight loss without change in diet or extra exercise, these women take laxatives on a daily basis. In most cases, the abuse of laxatives leads to eating disorders - such as anorexia or bulimia.
In the event of an overdose or misuse of laxatives drugs are dangerous to health and can cause some serious side effects. Laxative effect on the organism depends on the type of drug, dosage and duration of administration. Among the most common side effects of the abuse of laxatives include:
- Abdominal pain: the regular intake of laxatives and overdose one of the first side effects are sharp abdominal pain
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
- Constipation: Although the main purpose of laxatives - in the treatment of constipation, prolonged use can only exacerbate the problem of constipation.
- Dehydration: abuse of laxatives leads to considerable loss of fluid. Dehydration can lead to electrolyte imbalance and the appearance of serious health problems - including nausea, fainting, malfunction of the internal organs.
- The psychological effect: over time in people regularly taking laxatives, developing psychological dependence.
- The risk of colon cancer
Colon cancer: creeps imperceptibly
: There is enough evidence that the abuse of laxatives drugs increases the risk of colon cancer.
- Bleeding: the abuse of laxatives, stimulating bowel movements, blood in the stool occurs. Frequent blood loss can cause anemia.
- Violation of the intestine: the abuse of laxatives, stimulating bowel movements, a natural mechanism for the withdrawal of toxins from the body violated.
- Chronic diarrhea: prolonged use of laxatives disrupted the rectum, which can lead to chronic diarrhea.
The category of natural laxatives include a variety of products. In addition to solving problems with constipation, natural laxative have many other advantages - they are absolutely safe without causing side effects, are very effective, increase energy levels and improve digestion.
- Natural laxatives can make both adults and children.
- Natural laxatives normalize bowel function.
- Natural laxatives help strengthen the walls of the colon and get rid of constipation.
- Stimulate the conclusion of toxins.
- Absolutely safe and have a mild influence, even with long-term use.
- It does not cause any side effects - including diarrhea, or abdominal pain.
- It does not cause weight gain, even with long-term administration.
The most effective natural laxative - are products with high fiber content. The inclusion of these products in the daily diet helps prevent constipation: water-soluble fiber softens stools as quickly absorb the liquid.
The most effective natural laxatives include prune juice, rich in vitamin A and iron, castor oil, figs, grapes, apricots, coconut, avocado, endive, mango, olives, peaches
Peaches: benefits and harms of sun fruits
, Pears, pineapple, walnuts, watercress, soy beans, turnips, rhubarb root.