Nettles - not just a weed, but the defender of the organism
May 6, 2010
Nettle is growing in Russia under each fence. We used to regard it as a weed, and the roots uproot. But some types of nettles - it is also a medicinal plant, through which our ancestors were treated many diseases. Even today, the nettle is part of many collections of plants and used to treat a variety of diseases.
Botanical particular nettle
There are several types of nettles, but with the purpose of treatment is used mainly nettle - a perennial herb of the family nettle height of 1 m or more. The plant has a four-sided stem, covered, as well as leaves, burning long and short simple hairs. The leaves are opposite nettle, large, oblong-ovate, at base cordate, coarsely toothed at the edges, on the top dlinnozaostrennye. The flowers are small, olive-green, collected in elongated hanging brush. Fruits - ovoid-elliptical nuts with one seed. Nettle blooms from June to September, the fruits ripen in July-September.
Nettle occurs throughout the territory of the country (except for northern areas), especially its many locations in moist deciduous forests, glades and clearings, along the banks of reservoirs. As a weed it grows in gardens and orchards.
Medicinal raw materials are nettle leaves, they are collected from June to September, and dried in a well ventilated area in the shade.
The leaves nettle contains a large amount of organic acids (formic acid, pantothenic, etc.), vitamins, minerals, tannins and volatile production, chlorophyll, histamine, glycoside urtitsin and some other substances. Vitamin C nettle contains more than in lemons and apples. It also contains a large amount of carotene (from which the human body is formed vitamin A), vitamin B complex and vitamin K. From the trace elements in the nettles contain iron, copper, manganese, boron, titanium, nickel.
As nettle acts on the human body
Drugs made from nettle have diuretic, choleretic, irritating, anti-inflammatory effect, activate metabolism
Metabolism: The basis of life of all living things
, Stops bleeding, tones the nervous system and accelerate recovery processes in the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract.
The combined effect of various substances (mainly vitamins and iron salts) contained in the nettles, normalizes metabolism of fat in the body and has a stimulating effect on erythropoiesis (formation of red blood cells - red blood cells). The drugs nettle have a pronounced ability to stop bleeding because of vitamin K in them (he contributes to the development of prothrombin in the liver - blood clotting factor).
Contained in the nettle chlorophyll stimulates the metabolism
Improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting
and restoration of damaged tissue, improves the muscle tone of the uterus and intestines, improves the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
Indications and contraindications
Nettle centuries used in the treatment of various diseases:
- as a hemostatic agent in various internal and external bleeding;
- in the postpartum period to reduce the uterus;
- as cholagogue in diseases of the gallbladder and biliary tract;
- as a diuretic for edema of different origin;
- as a means of enhancing the regenerative processes in the tissues of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- anemia to restore normal red blood cell count;
- as a nervous system tonic with nervousness;
- as a means of stimulating metabolism in obesity and diabetes;
- topically in the form of lotions for ulcers and wounds to improve wound healing;
- externally with dandruff
Dandruff: where it comes from, and what to do
and hair loss.
Nettle is contraindicated in pregnancy, as increases contractility of the uterus, as well as in diseases involving increased blood clotting (thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, and so on), and states after stroke and myocardial infarction.
How to make drugs from the nettle at home
Houses made of nettle infusion can be prepared:
- nettle infusion for ingestion: tablespoon dried minced raw material is placed in an enamel bowl, pour boiled water, placed in a water bath
Sauna and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures
for 15 minutes, cooled at room temperature for 45 minutes, filtered, drained, topped up to its initial level and make a third cup three times a day, half an hour before a meal;
- nettle infusion is preparing for external use as well as for internal use, but at the rate of two tablespoons of raw material to a glass of boiling water.
Nettles - old folk remedy, but before applying it is necessary to consult with your doctor.
Herbal treatment for male infertility - Grandma's recipes
October 3, 2012
Despite the fact that, traditionally, in the absence of children "guilty" find a woman, modern medicine has clearly established that the cause of infertility can be both spouses equally. Therefore, detection and treatment of male infertility attaches great importance today. In the course of treatment can be used, and herbal therapy. But that this process was not useless, it should be done under medical supervision.
Causes of male infertility
Male infertility may be:
- secretory, when the male sperm are not ripe (mature or very little); This occurs when disrupted the function of the gonads or of other endocrine glands regulating sexual function (e.g., pituitary gland);
- excretory when sperm lose their mobility as they ripen, but for some reason can not get into the ejaculate or the sperm (ie, in the way of their advancement is an obstacle); such obstacles are often inflammatory diseases or their consequences in the form of adhesions, congenital anomalies, and various types of impotence
Impotence - a female perspective on the problem
In which the allocation is broken ejaculate;
- immunoassay, in which the sperm is seen as a foreign agent in response to the introduction of which a woman's body (an immunological conflict between spouses), or of men (autoimmune conflict) produces antibodies that destroy the sperm;
- together, when one man there are several causes of infertility.
To determine what was the cause of infertility, need to undergo a full inspection in the office of urology and andrology. Only then can be assigned to a full treatment, including in complex therapy may include herbal therapy.
Herbs have a regulating effect on the hormonal system of man
These properties are sage, which has long been used to restore the hormonal levels of men and women. In addition, the sage has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and improve the condition of a man if he has prostatitis.
The infusion of sage can be prepared as follows: a tablespoon of crushed leaves pour a glass of boiled water, half an hour, strain, wring out and drink during the day. The course of treatment - three to four weeks. Long-term treatments are contraindicated due to the fact that the sage
Sage - cvyaschennaya grass
can cause irritation of the gastro-intestinal tract.
Peony (Marin root) is also capable of restoring male hormones, if changes have been associated with disorders of the central nervous system. Traditional medicine gives recipes for liqueurs from Marina root, but it is better to buy it from a pharmacy, as brandy, home-cooked, it is difficult to dose correctly. Pharmacy tincture of peony
Tincture of Peony - calm and regulate sleep
evading take forty drops three times a day for a month. After a ten-day break, the treatment can be repeated.
Herbs with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects used in the treatment of chronic prostatitis
For the treatment of chronic prostatitis folk medicine recommends psyllium, which has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties. You can prepare a decoction of plantain seeds: a tablespoon of seeds pour hot water, put in a water bath, heated for half an hour, forty-five minutes, cool, strain, wring out and take two tablespoons four times a day for two months.
Another herb that is used in the treatment of prostatitis - knotweed. It has anti-inflammatory properties and reduces swelling - is swelling of the prostate tissue may block the passage of sperm vas ways. Infusion of herbs knotweed prepared as follows: two tablespoons of chopped herbs pour two cups of boiled water, half an hour, strain, wring out and drink during the day for half an hour before meals. The course of treatment - two weeks.
St. John's wort also has anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous action. Prepare a decoction of St. John's Wort can be as follows: one and a half tablespoons of herbs pour a glass of hot water, heated in a water bath for half an hour, cool a few minutes, strain, wring out, bring the water to the initial level and drink a third cup three times a day for half an hour before meals. The course of treatment - two weeks.
Herbs that can suppress autoimmune processes in the male
With the treatment of autoimmune processes need to be especially careful, because the immune system is suppressed, which is needed to fight infection. This treatment should be carried out by a doctor.
To suppress the autoimmune processes fit this collection: nettle leaves, cranberries leaves, flowers of tansy
Tansy: sunny chamomile sister
- On one side, grass St. John's wort, uliginose, Potentilla goose, birch buds, grass Knotweed, plantain leaves, leaves a mother-and-stepmother - three parts, dandelion root, herb oregano, grass clover, grass mountaineer pochechuynogo - for pyatchastey grass tysyachalistnika ordinary - nine parts. Tablespoon of the mixture pour half a liter of boiling water and infuse for an hour, strain, wring out and ingest half a cup four times a day. Duration of treatment is determined by your doctor.
- traditional methods of infertility treatment