Headache in the forehead - causes and methods of disposal - Treatment
July 17, 2014
- Headache in the forehead - causes and methods of disposal
Treatment of headaches in the forehead
Medication. For ease of headaches can be used the following formulations:
- Paracetamol. This is one of the safest non-prescription analgesics - when used correctly it is very rarely causes side effects. Paracetamol should not be taken for people with liver disease and those who regularly abuse alcohol, as this drug can cause liver damage;
- Aspirin. The drug is contraindicated in children under 16 years. Among its possible side effects - heartburn, bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract and ulcers;
- Fenoprofen tenzionnyh used to prevent headaches and migraines and pain associated with hormonal variations. Its side effects are nausea, diarrhea, indigestion, dizziness, drowsiness;
- Flubriprofen used in the same cases as fenoprofen. Its possible side effects - diarrhea, drowsiness, temporary blurred vision;
- Ibuprofen may be used in the stress headaches and migraines. It can cause nausea, vomiting, skin rash, and a number of other side effects;
- Ketaprofen can be used to prevent chronic headaches;
- Carisoprodol is used to treat headaches tenzionnoy. Among the side effects of the drug - dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, nervousness, rash, bleeding. Abuse of carisoprodol may cause headache;
- Methocarbamol - a preparation from the group of muscle relaxant used in the treatment of headaches tenzionnyh. It may cause side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, irritability.
Home remedies for headaches
- A cold compress. Just soak a towel with cold water and apply it to the forehead by 10-15 minutes. It does not always help to get rid of a headache, but in most cases the pain becomes much weaker.
- Massage. Massage your neck, or ask someone to do you a gentle massage.
- Ginger tea. Pour boiling water over half a tablespoon of ground ginger or a few slices of fresh ginger root, and leave for about five minutes. The tea is ready, you can add a little honey. Ginger has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect and good helps with mild to moderate headaches.
- Magnesium. Studies have shown that people who suffer from migraines and regular tenzionnyh headaches often found deficient in magnesium. Take a multivitamin, which include this mineral. It is also recommended to include in your diet more foods rich in magnesium, such as broccoli, beans, soy milk, nuts, spinach.
- Hydrotherapy. Prepare two basins: one - with hot water, on the other - very cold. Two minutes keep your feet in hot water (it stimulates blood circulation in the skin), and then - in cold water (this causes the blood flow to the upper part of the body). Repeat so for twenty minutes at a time; This procedure speeds up blood circulation, cells begin to better supplied with nutrients and the body of toxins faster.
- Get enough sleep. It was found that people who sleep an average of six hours per day, more likely to suffer from severe headaches in the forehead, than those who sleep for at least 7-7.5 hours.
- Aromatherapy. For headaches you can do inhalations with essential oils
Essential oils and conception: can help the roses?
Or a light aroma lamp
Aroma - create an atmosphere
. Effective against headaches are essential oils of rosemary, mint
Mint and its useful properties: aromatic freshness
The healing properties of lavender - not only pleasant aroma
, Eucalyptus, sandalwood and basil.
Aktovegin - without fear of negative consequences - Mechanism of Action
May 24, 2009
- Aktovegin - without fear of negative consequences
- Mechanism of action
- As used
- Interesting facts
Mechanism of action
Aktovegin refers to a group of drugs that improve cerebral circulation. Aktovegin prepared from bovine blood, therefore it consists only of physiological components which are normally present in the body. It activates cellular metabolism by increasing the transport and accumulation of glucose and oxygen, strengthening their intracellular digestion. These processes lead to an increase in energy cells. In conditions of oxygen deficiency (eg, stroke) or when excessive energy consumption when there are active processes of healing and tissue repair, aktovegin stimulates energy processes and improves blood flow. Aktovegina effect begins to emerge after 10-30 minutes after administration and reaches a peak in the middle after 3 hours.
Action aktovegina on the brain
When violations of metabolism and blood supply to the brain, such as the syndrome of cerebral insufficiency (dementia), after stroke worsens glucose absorption process of its assimilation of brain cells. Application aktovegina improve transport and uptake of glucose, while there is an increase in oxygen consumption.
Action aktovegina on fabric
Aktovegin activate the assimilation of glucose
Glucose: The energy source
and oxygen metabolism
Improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting
in tissues, improves blood circulation and stimulates the process of recovery, therefore promotes healing of wounds, it is particularly effective in accelerating the healing of various ulcers, pressure sores, burns and radiation injuries.
Likewise aktovegin acts and peripheral circulatory disorders when tissue nutrition suffers, for example, with the defeat of the arteries (arterial occlusive disease) and veins (varicose veins).
This shows the use of aktovegina
Aktovegin appointed under the following conditions:
- metabolic and vascular disorders of the brain (cerebral insufficiency, ischemic stroke, traumatic brain injury);
- peripheral (arms, legs, retina, etc.) arterial and venous vascular disorders and their consequences (occlusive disease, vascular lesions of the retina, varicose ulcers on the background and concomitant thrombophlebitis, etc.);
- healing of wounds, ulcers, bedsores, secondary healing processes;
- skin grafts;
- thermal and chemical burns;
- radiation injuries of the skin, mucous membranes, nervous tissue;
- hypoxia (oxygen deficiency) and ischemia (insufficient blood supply) of the different organs and tissues.
Application aktovegina during pregnancy
Aktovegin included in the complex therapy at the risk of miscarriage
Miscarriage - why you lose the most precious thing?
Ranging from 16-24 weeks. Turning aktovegina in therapy of threatened abortion is intended to prevent hypoxic (lack of oxygen) injuries of the fetus.
Indications for use aktovegina pregnant women are:
- the presence of women in the past two or more miscarriages or developing pregnancy;
- severe IDDM
Diabetes - threatening and incurable disease
and systemic diseases;
- During this complicated pregnancy (partial detachment of the ovum, long-term threat of termination);
- signs of placental insufficiency.