Pain in the back - the problem is so common that many people do not pay attention to it until then, until it becomes constant, or so strong that it can not be mute tablet of paracetamol or aspirin. However, most back pain is distributed approximately uniformly, and is not localized on one side. If it appears from one side, it usually makes us think about whether it is time to see a doctor. And indeed, the pain in his right side from the back could be a sign of a relatively innocuous violations and serious diseases for which better not to postpone the trip to the clinic.
Causes of pain in his right side from the back could be different.
Stones in the kidneys
Kidney stones - one of the most common causes of pain in the right side or the left side of the back. Most often they occur in people between the ages of twenty to forty years, but sometimes they identify those who are much younger or older than this age. Among the factors that increase the likelihood of kidney stones:
- Gender (men are more likely to occur than in women, although in recent years this problem is becoming increasingly prevalent among women);
- Nephrolithiasis in personal history. Patients previously undergoing a disease, the probability of re-formation of kidney stones
Kidney stones: identify and treat
- Kidney disease is a family history;
- A diet rich, protein, salt and / or glucose
Glucose: The energy source
- Transferred previous gastric surgery;
- Inflammatory bowel disease (they may increase the absorption of calcium from what and form kidney stones).
Kidney disease usually causes no symptoms until the stones do not yet begin to move. Emerging with pain called renal colic. If the stones are formed in the right kidney, the pain is localized in the right part of the back, but it can be given in the stomach, and men - in the groin. Many people feel that had renal colic, they say that this is the most severe pain they have ever felt; As a rule, patients become restless while unsuccessfully trying to find a position in which the pain subsides.
Other symptoms of kidney stones may be: the presence of blood in urine
Blood in the urine - a reason for serious concern
, Vomiting, nausea, chills, fever.
If small stones can leave the body through the urinary channels so that the person does not notice the movement of large stones not only causes unpleasant symptoms, but can lead to a breach of urine - this happens if the stone blocks any of the urinary channel. This, in turn, may cause kidney infection and disturbance of their operation. Therefore, if there are any symptoms of nephrolithiasis should immediately seek medical care.
Unfortunately, in today's world we have a lot of people have problems with posture. Because this greatly increases the load on the spine, there is a pressure on the internal organs, and eventually it can cause pain in the right or left side from the back as well as the appearance of a number of health problems.
Problems with the gall bladder
The gallbladder is located on the right, and some of his disease a person may feel pain in his right side. One of the most common diseases of the body is cholecystitis - inflammation of the gallbladder. Its symptoms include severe pain on the right side of the back and / or abdomen, nausea, vomiting, fever. Often the symptoms of cholecystitis occur or become more pronounced after a meal, especially if it was very plentiful. In some cases, if left untreated, cholecystitis can lead to serious complications, so the appearance of its signs as soon as possible go to the doctor.
Sometimes stretch back muscles leads to pain with only one hand. The reasons for stretching can be a nasty fall, lifting weights without complying with the necessary precautions, very sharp movements, as well as some activities that require multiple repetitive movements. Stretching can help to factors such as overweight, poor posture, as well as intense stress after a long period during which the man who led a sedentary lifestyle. Typical symptoms are stretching back pain (sometimes - only with the right or left side, but more often it is evenly distributed), the feeling of stiffness in the back area, the inability to freely bend. The pain can be amplified when you bend and stretch, sneeze or cough.
In most cases, you can cope with the tension, using home remedies, such as:
- Cold compresses. Applying them to the affected area for twenty or thirty minutes every three to four hours during two or three days;
- Warm compresses. They can only do two or three days after the first signs of tension. Instead compresses can simply take a hot shower or bath;
- OTC analgesics are well removed pain in the back. However, remember that they do not contribute to the restoration of damaged muscles or ligaments, and even if you no longer feel pain, it does not mean that you can re-engage in sports as if you have no tension. However, bed rest is also not necessary - it does not help speed up the recovery.
Typically, stretching takes place a few days, but in severe cases, pain completely disappear a few weeks.
Pyelonephritis - infection of the kidneys, which can sometimes lead to severe pain in the right side from the back. Symptoms of pyelonephritis may be fever, pain in the back, stomach, sides and groin pain and a burning sensation during urination, cloudy urine, the presence of pus and / or blood in the urine, frequent urination. In rare cases, severe infections, symptoms such as fever, nausea, malaise, vomiting, confusion (this feature is most frequently observed in the elderly).
Usually, pyelonephritis starts with bladder infections
Urinary bladder - structure and function
. In most cases, they pass fairly quickly, but they sometimes cause bacteria penetrate into the kidneys.
Sciatica - a very common cause of back pain. In this disorder occurs pinched sciatic nerve, causing pain occurs on one side of the back, which can radiate to the side and rear side legs.
Although the pain of sciatica can be very strong, in most cases, it takes several weeks of conservative treatment. If the six weeks did not become weaker pain may require the patient to surgery.
Factors that increase the likelihood of sciatica include:
- Age. Age-related changes can lead to the displacement of the intervertebral disc, which is often the cause of sciatica;
- Obesity. Because of excessive load on the spine with obesity increases the risk of sciatica;
- Sedentary lifestyle;