Inguinal hernia - dangerous or not? - How to define
July 8th, 2014
- Inguinal hernia - dangerous or not?
- How to define
How to identify an inguinal hernia
It is not necessary to be a doctor and know exactly what it looks like an inguinal hernia that will most likely determine that you have it is a violation
. It has a very characteristic symptoms, so doctors to diagnose it is enough to simply examine the patient
. These symptoms can be identified and independently; so that the bulge in that portion of the body, where localized pain (usually in the lower abdomen or groin) likely indicates that you inguinal hernia
. The skin over the hernia looks fine, redness, peeling, or no rash
. When the pressure on the hernia pain may increase, but sometimes it does not cause any discomfort
. Also note, the pain becomes stronger when you exercise, do physical work, coughs, sneezes
. For many people, the pain intensified especially in the late afternoon or after long loads
. If you have signs listed, most likely, you have formed a hernia, and you need as quickly as possible to pass inspection
Complications of inguinal hernia
The pressure on the surrounding tissue. Most inguinal hernias in the absence of treatment will increase with time, and this leads to pressure on the adjacent tissue, which can cause severe pain and inflammation.
Infringement of inguinal hernia - a condition in which the so-called hernial (weak, defective in the peritoneum) are, if we talk quite simply, too small for a hernia.
She's stuck in this gate, resulting in obstruction of the bowel, severe pain, nausea
Nausea - there may be problems with the nervous system
, Vomiting, problems with defecation. This may disrupt the blood supply to the intestine or a portion thereof, and if left untreated it can lead to necrosis of intestinal tissue, and even death of the patient. In such cases it requires urgent surgical intervention.
Diagnosis of inguinal hernia
Usually, the diagnosis of inguinal hernia doctor enough to talk with the patient and examine him. As the hernia is most noticeable when a person is and his abdominal muscles are tense, the survey doctor may ask the patient to stand up and, for example, cough or strain the press. Sometimes the doctor also conducts an ultrasound examination.
During the reception, the doctor may ask you about when you first had symptoms of an inguinal hernia, whether they have become since then more pronounced, do you feel pain in the abdomen
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
or groin when it increases, and helps you something to ease it, what kind of work you are performing, you smoke or have smoked before, and so on.
Types of inguinal hernias
- Oblique inguinal hernia - a very common type of inguinal hernias. It is called an oblique or indirect hernia, because in this disorder intestine or the peritoneum are not acting directly through the hernial ring in the peritoneal wall and through the inguinal canal. Often oblique hernia is a congenital disorder. The most common symptoms of this type of hernia - swelling and pain in the groin.
- Direct inguinal hernia occurs in men and women, though men suffer from this disorder more often. Patients with this diagnosis hernia protrudes through a hole in the lower abdominal wall. Direct inguinal hernia is usually acquired, and is often associated with heavy physical labor or weightlifting, chronic constipation
Constipation - Watch out for food
As well as an enlarged prostate.
- Bilateral inguinal hernia - a disorder in which a hernia appear on the right and left sides of the groin. Most often, bilateral hernias are congenital and diagnosed in children, but they are also found in older people (in most cases - for men).
- Unilateral inguinal hernia - a hernia, which appears only on one side of the groin; They may be right or left. In patients with left-sided inguinal hernia risk of right-sided hernia is 25%, and the probability of right-sided inguinal hernia formation of another hernia on the left side - only 10%.
- Inguinal hernias can also be divided into vpravimye and nevpravimye. If the patient vpravimaya inguinal hernia, it can be pushed back through the hernial ring; This can be done by slightly pushing it and sometimes reduce a hernia, when the patient is simply too annoying abdominal muscles. Irreducible hernia is usually can not be right without surgery.
Cystitis and sex life: time taming libido in favor of health - Questions and answers
January 31, 2013
- Cystitis and sex life: time taming libido in favor of health
- Questions and answers
Questions and answers
Infections of the urogenital always unpleasant, but especially they cause irritation during the summer holidays, which is considered the most fertile time for a personal life.
Why do women often suffer from cystitis?
The reason is anatomy. In women, the length of the urethra only about 4 cm in men - about 20. As a result, it is in the female organism to various harmful microorganisms is much easier to enter and begin to multiply in the bladder
Urinary bladder - structure and function
. All this provokes pain, burning, urgency frequent urination, which means a cystitis.
Can these sexually transmitted infections?
Cystitis with the right treatment quickly enough passes. Usually apply antibiotic treatment, which lasts three to five days. But, unfortunately, many women relapse cases, which are often the cause of genital herpes, or diabetes mellitus
Diabetes - threatening and incurable disease
Stimulating the development of infection. And cystitis - it's always a good reason to stop at the time of sex life. Partner is not infected with the disease, but an intimate relationship is a factor favoring him.
How does sexual intercourse is associated with cystitis?
Doctors sometimes use the expression "Honeymoon cystitis". The fact is that during intercourse takes place contact penile urethra with a woman who is stretched and irritated, becoming more susceptible to infections. And if there are a large number of coliform, nestles at this point, it is rapidly developing cystitis
Cystitis: urgently take action
. Often the irritation provoked by insufficient lubrication, so it is recommended to use lubricants without spermicides.
Is it possible to prevent cystitis?
To prevent cystitis should drink plenty of fluids. Excessive fluid intake literally flushes the bladder, reducing the concentration of harmful microorganisms. Before intercourse necessary to empty the bladder because of the frictions through the wall of the vagina is an influence on him, which is also capable of stimulating the proliferation of bacteria due to irritation.
Is it always a burning sensation during urination is cystitis?
No infection could be of different nature, including fungal that require immediate intervention of a specialist. Cheerleaders need to change the external labia, which is unusual for cystitis - irritation, rash, redness. All this is evidence for a visit to the doctor.
What hygiene measures should be observed?
First of all, in any case when a cystitis can not be used a vaginal douche than sinning, many women. Because it is disturbed vaginal flora
The microflora of the vagina: purity
And microorganisms begin to multiply more intensively. Wash your hands must be made with a soft gel intimate sphere. To avoid irritation should reconsider her wardrobe, abandoning too tight pants, rubbed crotch, thong panties every day, preferring cotton underwear. Swimwear - another dangerous piece of clothing that summer provokes cystitis. Wet swimsuit recommended immediately removed, replacing it with a clean, dry clothes.