Is it possible to lose weight if you do not eat after six: myths and facts
May 15, 2011
- Is it possible to lose weight if you do not eat after six: myths and facts
- Why you should not eat late at night?
- How long before you can sleep tight eat
- What can you eat before bedtime
- What to eat before going to sleep to lose weight
- The basic principles of weight loss
Many people often ask - Does the habit of eating after six to weight gain? There are many medical myths, and the Internet allows people to easily distribute them. What is the truth, and that - a fiction, in the statement that you can not eat after six?
To eat or not to eat?
This is a very common piece of advice: do not eat before going to bed. Nutritionists often give this advice to people who are trying to lose weight. The logic of such a council is reasonable: if we eat, and then go to bed, your body will lay the food eaten as fat instead of using it immediately as fuel. Ultimately, we will gain weight.
But is it really?
Some experts believe that there are no studies that have specifically examined the question and answer it: if the total amount of calories remains constant, does eating before going to bed or in the middle of the night to gain weight?
In reality, there is no conclusive evidence that eating late at night or just before going to bed anyway affect the weight. It is likely that much more important is how much of the total number of calories consumed during the period of twenty-four burned during daily activities, than at what time we eat or a snack.
Other health effects
There are other reasons to be careful with what time we eat, in addition to concerns about weight. People who are prone to heartburn
Heartburn - no cause for concern?
(also called gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD), eating before bedtime can lead to trouble. When we go to sleep, the connection between the esophagus and the stomach becomes a horizontal rather than vertical. People with GERD often have more symptoms if they go after a meal, whether at bedtime or at any other time. That's why people with GERD are usually advised to raise the head of the bed (to acid in the stomach was where it should), and not shortly before bedtime.
It is believed that poor sleep and nightmares are the result of eating before bedtime, but it also is not very well supported by any evidence. Perhaps the best advice in this respect - just rely on your experience. If there is an assumption that because of eating at night more difficult to sleep, or are associated with this bad dreams would probably be wise to avoid snacking later. If it seems like spicy or fatty foods is the cause of trouble, it is better to avoid it.
Caffeine and alcohol deserve special mention. People who are sensitive to the stimulatory effects of caffeine should not eat it later than three hours before bed (or even earlier, if there is insomnia). Alcohol also has a sedative effect, which can contribute to sleep, but sleep induced by alcohol often leads to awakening just a few hours, and then fall asleep can be difficult.
Eating at night: a real disease?
There is one kind of late supply, which some experts believe this disease syndrome of night food. The disease has not been fully described. One definition says that a significant part of your daily caloric intake comes in the afternoon - evening, and that the natural sleep disturbed. The inability to go back to sleep without eating is another feature of this condition.
There is no clear consensus on how this common disease, what causes it and how (or if) it should be treated. Preliminary studies have shown that antidepressants fluoxetine category
Fluoxetine - improve mood
(Prozac), can help in this condition, but rigorous scientific studies have not yet been published.
So what to do?
It is possible that some people have the habit of eating late indeed lead to weight gain. Perhaps it is easier to be careful with portion sizes and food choices during the day and at the end of the day let it go. For some, it is easier to stick to the structure of three meals a day, to avoid excessive consumption of calories.
But it is likely a myth that eating before bedtime has a unique ability to promote weight gain when compared with eating at a different time of the day. While research may someday prove that the calories consumed before going to bed, absorbed in a different way than the calories consumed at another time, now prove that there are no common opinion. While it is safe to assume that weight reflects the balance between calories burned and calories consumed for a long time, no matter when we eat.
How to improve metabolism and lose weight without dieting - Wrong
May 5, 2013
- How to improve metabolism and lose weight without dieting
- How to recover
- How to normalize
Did you know that you can burn calories when you just sit? When working at the computer, watch TV, relax, sleep? Actually, what happens in a healthy body, but if you have the wrong metabolism, for you can be difficult to lose weight, even if you do it once a week sweating in the gym and meticulously keeps a record of the calories eaten. Fortunately, there are ways to bring the metabolism back to normal.
Everyone knows that eating too much harmful fats (these include various saturated fats contained, for example, sausages) leads to an increase in weight. For most people who are interested in weight loss, it is - the basic concept on which they focus, making a meal plan. What is meant by no means all, is the fact that eating too many unhealthy fats can lead to malfunction of metabolism. And because of such violations weight loss becomes extremely difficult, and sometimes - a virtually impossible task.
What is a metabolic disorder
Metabolic disorders - a violation of the body's ability to process food normally, that a person eats for energy. When such violations of the body starts to lay too much of the calories produced in the form of fat. Many people who try to lose weight, erroneously attributed to the difficulties encountered with the slow metabolism. In fact, the problem may be in the wrong metabolism, in which most of what you eat, getting fat and not energy.
Wrong metabolism and fat
Insulin resistance - probably the most common form of metabolic disorders affecting people seeking to lose weight. The principle of operation of the main mechanism for the recovery of energy is that glucose from the blood must enter the cells for the operation which it is used. When the mechanism of blood glucose transport into the cells is damaged, develops disorder known as insulin resistance. This is one of the most common obstacles to the optimal and stable weight, it is - one of the most common metabolic disorders.
As a rule, the development of insulin resistance associated with the abuse of carbohydrates, but often becomes the cause of the excess fat in the human diet.
What amount of fat may lead to the development of insulin resistance
Permanent excess fats in the diet causes damage to mitochondria - is inside the cell "power of the body" responsible for the transformation of glucose
Glucose: The energy source
in energy to muscles.
Recently, a study was conducted, during which examined the functioning of the mitochondria and the rats who ate large amounts of fat, and rats fed on normal food for them. Rats of the first group in a month by 30-50% decreased the synthesis of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), and at the same time dramatically reduced energy production by mitochondria. Based on these results it was concluded that, apparently, prolonged consumption of too much fat disrupts the functioning of the mitochondria.
It should be noted that not all fats are equal. Some of them are very important for normal body function, they have a positive effect on fat metabolism, inflammation, hormones and cell renewal. At a constant consumption of too much fat (fat make up more than 60% of the diet) is a gradual deterioration of the metabolic processes, resulting in more carbohydrates, instead of recycled energy to become subcutaneous fat. Cumulative Excess fat can also be harmful, although the deleterious effect manifested significantly slower.
The following three rules will help you to eat fatty foods without the risk of one day be faced with such a problem as the wrong metabolism.
- Take nutritional supplements
Food additives - basic classification
, Composed of healthy fats, for example - docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and omega-3. They will provide you with the necessary body substances and low in calories.
- Do not eat fried foods - at all. It contains not only harmful fats, and carcinogens. Of course, even people who lead a healthy lifestyle, sometimes depart from this rule, but still need to strive for the complete abandonment of fried food.
- Fats should not exceed 40% of your diet, and it is desirable that it was mostly mono- and polyunsaturated fats found in olives and olive oil, avocados, nuts and fish.
- The most important meal. You've heard it since childhood, but perhaps did not attach much importance. However, your mom was right, this is confirmed by many scientists: breakfast is critical to our health, including, for normal metabolism. It not only provides you with the necessary energy for a successful start of the day, but the body does not begin to accumulate strategic reserve of fat that starts to happen necessarily, if you leave for many hours without eating it.
- Do not starve yourself. Due to the natural reaction of the organism to prolonged lack of food deprivation - one of the least effective ways to lose weight and to restore metabolism (all processes are slowed down with a shortage of food and metabolism, of course, too). Therefore, and to lose weight, and lead to normal metabolism, eat healthy food, which contains all the necessary nutrients. The last meal should be 3-4 hours before bedtime
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
- So your body enough time to burn that much of the received calories while you are awake. Eat small portions, but often - 5-6 times a day. Thus, you will receive a regular flow of energy, blood sugar
Blood sugar - one of the main indicators of human health
It will not rise or fall sharply, while the body will not have the need to work in an economy of resources.
- Aerobics after breakfast. If several times a week, after breakfast at least half an hour aerobics, soon your metabolism will work almost better than in his youth. No wonder it is so you will combine two strong stimulator of metabolism - healthy breakfast and Sports.
- Strength training will help you build muscle by which the body will burn calories even while at rest. These exercises should be done with such gravity that you find it hard to raise more than 5-6 times in one approach - light dumbbells can not do here.
- Do not stop moving. Of course, you can not stay all day in the gym, doing turns on all the gym, dancing, raising the bar - if you are not working coach. But the constant physical activity is very important, especially for those with sedentary work. Therefore, use every opportunity to move around - take a few steps to the shelves with paper, not roll back on the office chair, take time for a short walk during your lunch break, do not use elevators and escalators. Even stamping his foot to the music, you're moving - all these seemingly small things are actually very important for normal metabolism.
- Drink water. Dehydration - the real killer metabolism; to restore it, you need to drink enough water. Preferably drink cold water, so it is even more stimulating metabolism.