Nootropil - a drug that has a direct impact on the brain. At the same time he is able to improve the functional capacity of the brain in normal and in various pathological conditions. It is used by a physician.
The mechanism of action of nootropil
Nootropilum (international non-proprietary name - piracetam) - a drug, which belongs to the group of nootropic drugs and is available in the form of capsules, 400 mg, film coated tablets, 800 and 1200 mg, as a 20% solution in bottles of 125 ml for receiving inside, in the form of a 20% solution for injection in vials of 5 and 15 ml of solution for intravenous infusion in vials of 60 ml.
Nootropil is a derivative of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA or GABA). It has a positive effect on the central nervous system by increasing the speed of propagation of the nerve impulses in the brain, improve the metabolism of the nerve cells, improve blood flow in small blood vessels of the brain and by normalizing blood flow without vasodilation. As a result, improves cerebral blood flow is restored communication between the hemispheres of the brain's ability to learn, memory, attention, mental performance. Restores the state of the brain after different intoxications and lack of oxygen.
Blood fluidity is improved due to the fact that Nootropilum prevents the aggregation (bonding) of platelets, red cells restores elasticity, which prevents the adhesion (sticking to the walls of blood vessels).
After receiving nootropil inside quickly and almost completely absorbed in the intestine (the maximum concentration in blood is reached after half an hour), it penetrates into the brain and the placenta to the fetus. Excreted through the kidneys unchanged.
Indications for admission
Nootropil is prescribed in the following diseases and conditions:
- elderly patients at violations of memory, concentration, mental alertness, ability to remember, dizziness, depression, irritability
Irritability - you try to control my temper
, Behavioral disorders;
- Alzheimer's disease;
- when the consequences of ischemic stroke with speech disorders, neuro-psychological activities and movements;
- chronic alcoholism, drug addiction and substance abuse - for the treatment of withdrawal symptoms and various disorders of the central nervous system;
- after intoxication, trauma, coma, and in the recovery period after them;
- in disorders of cerebral circulation;
- If you have problems with learning disabilities of children;
- during seizures;
- when sickle cell anemia (in the complex therapy).
Nootropil is contraindicated in:
- hemorrhage into the brain (hemorrhagic stroke);
- with depression and psychomotor agitation (agitation);
- chorea Gettingtona;
- when severe renal impairment;
- aged up to one year - for the oral solution;
- at the age of three - for tablets and capsules;
- Pregnancy and breast-
Breastfeeding - a personal choice
- if you are hypersensitive to the components of the drug.
Precautions nootropil prescribed for increased bleeding, surgery, bleeding.
In most cases nootropil well tolerated, but may in its application and side effects.
The most common side effects occur in the central nervous system - this nervous irritability, insomnia and physical activity or, alternatively, lethargy, fatigue, lethargy and sleepiness, impaired balance, depressed mood, anxiety
Anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease?
, Anxiety, hallucinations, sometimes - headache, dizziness, increased libido. Therefore patients who take nootropil and have any side effects on the central nervous system, it is not necessary to carry out work related to the life-threatening, for example, to drive motor vehicles.
On the part of the gastrointestinal tract when receiving nootropil possible (but rare), nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, discomfort, and abdominal pain
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
There are also side effects of the endocrine system in the form of increased weight. This side effect is more common in elderly patients who receive nootropil long and in large doses.
Sometimes an appointment nootropil experience an allergic reaction, which manifest themselves in a variety of skin rashes (including urticaria), angioedema, and so on.
All side effects (except for allergies) can be removed, reducing the dose nootropil. When allergy nootropil overturned.
Nootropil - is an effective and fairly safe drug.