How to deal with high blood pressure? - Birth control pills and high blood pressure
April 16, 2009
- How to deal with high blood pressure?
- High pressure in women
- Birth control pills and high blood pressure
The use of birth control pills and high blood pressure
As is known, oral contraceptives are made of synthetic estrogen treated
Estrogen - the key to bone health
and progesterone. There still tablets based solely progesterone. Tablets containing both estrogen and progesterone
Progesterone - norm and pathology
one can cause high blood pressure in some women. It is shown that the use of oral contraceptives can increase blood pressure; the risk of this effect increases with increasing duration of oral contraceptive use. Women receiving oral contraceptives, recommended regular monitoring of blood pressure. Development of hypertension in these patients is the basis for the selection of alternative methods of contraception
Contraceptive Methods: Ten myths about contraception in the mirror of facts
. Tactics of treatment of hypertension in this case is determined by standard approaches.
The risk is even greater for women who start taking these pills after 35 years in which the previously observed high blood pressure, or who regularly smoke or have any underlying causes for hypertension.
Menopause and high blood pressure
As you know, menopause occurs gradually. During menopause, many women notice a slight increase in blood pressure, although the link between menopause and the pressure is still not fully understood. According to some studies, reduction of bone mass during menopause can cause an increase in pressure in women, as well as hormonal changes or a reduction of estrogen. Hormones play an important role in maintaining a stable blood pressure. Women who choose hormone replacement therapy during menopause, most likely, will mark a slight increase in pressure, but the real reason may be different. It is best to consult a doctor at the time of menopause.
Postmenopause and hypertension
Postmenopause - is it possible to control it?
increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases and worsens existing pathology. With each decade of life the death rate of women from cardiovascular disease increases three to five times. This is largely due to the fact that after 50 years they have a marked tendency to increase the frequency of blood pressure. If up to 50 years the prevalence of blood pressure in the population on average is considerably higher among men after 50 years there has been an increase in the frequency of blood pressure among women, and later women are far superior to this indicator.
Control of blood pressure
It has been proven that you can easily control your blood pressure if you are regularly going to measure it. It is more likely to visit a doctor and take, if necessary, medication. Move more, avoid stress, learn how to use the instrument for measuring pressure, control weight, enter in your diet foods rich in fiber, but not cholesterol, stop smoking and limit alcohol consumption. And life will not you put a spoke in the wheel.
The thickening of the interventricular septum - the means for the organism - Treatment
November 30, 2014
- The thickening of the interventricular septum - the means for the organism
Diagnosis thickening of the interventricular septum
In the diagnosis of ventricular septal thickening can be used the following methods:
- Transthoracic echocardiography - is ultrasound of the heart muscle. At the patient's chest special gel is applied and then the skin is carried ultrasonic sensor. The monitor displays an image of the heart muscle, and by moving the sensor, the doctor may see signs of thickening of its structures;
- Transesophageal echocardiography. To perform this procedure, the tool is used, which is a thin flexible tube with a camera and a light bulb on the end. It is administered through the throat and esophagus, and use it to inspect the inside of the heart. This method is rarely used, for example, in cases where the physician suspects that a thickening of the interventricular septum led to problems with the functioning of the mitral valve.
Sometimes, in addition to these procedures, patients received electrocardiography with stress, magnetic resonance imaging of the heart and / or cardiac catheterization.
If the patient diagnosed with thickening of the interventricular septum, the choice of treatment depends on how the violation affected his health. If a person feels well, including during exercise, your doctor may recommend a regular survey to timely detect possible complications. If the patient needs treatment can be used the following methods:
- Drug therapy. There are medications that can weaken the heart muscle and reduce the heart rate, allowing the heart to work more efficiently. When thickening of the interventricular septum usually prescribed drugs such as beta-blockers and calcium channel blockers, such as verapamil
Verapamil - indispensable for angina and hypertension
- Surgical intervention. During surgery, the surgeon may remove part of the thickened interventricular septum - it will facilitate the flow of blood and solve the problem with mitral regurgitation. Surgery may be required if the patient fails drug therapy. As a rule, after the operation the symptoms associated with a thickening of the interventricular septum, disappear;
- An implantable cardioverter defibrillator - a small device that looks like a pacemaker
Pacemaker: heart flaming engine
. It constantly monitors the heart rate of the patient, and in the event of a potentially life-threatening problems with heart rhythm, heart sends electrical discharge certain power. In most cases, this allows to restore normal heart rhythm. Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator is usually recommended for patients with thickening of the interventricular septum, in which there is an increased risk of sudden death due to cardiac arrest.
In addition, the patient may be advised to make certain changes in lifestyle - it will help to avoid some of the complications of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy - the cause of the disease is unknown
. In particular, the doctor may recommend:
- Choose your level of physical activity. As a rule, professional sport is considered unsafe for people with a thickening of the interventricular septum. Aside from this restriction, in most cases, people with such a diagnosis can lead an active life, without risking their health, although, of course, if the patient wants to have a new sport and / or slightly increase the load, it is better to agree with the doctor;
- Food. A healthy diet is essential for preserving the health of the heart for patients with thickening of the interventricular septum, and for those who have yet not have any serious health problems;
- Keeping a healthy weight will help to avoid excessive strain on the heart and also reduce health risks associated with surgery for the treatment of ventricular septal thickening, or with other therapies;
- Moderate alcohol consumption. Alcohol abuse increases the likelihood of developing serious heart problems in healthy people and in patients with thickening of the interventricular septum. Try not to exceed the standard rates of alcohol consumption, or do without alcoholic beverages.