Salvia - a common plant, which is widely used in cooking as spices, as well as in medical purposes. In addition, sage hair - a tool traditionally used for coloring graying strands, and according to some medical studies, this herb can promote the growth of new hair.
Sage has antibacterial, anti-allergic, anti-fungal and antiseptic properties. It is a source of magnesium, zinc, potassium, and vitamins B and C.
Sage oil is very useful for hair
Sage oil has astringent properties and helps maintain normal pH level of the scalp. The pH determines the acidity of the skin, which in turn controls sebum production. Normal pH levels to prevent excessive dryness or oiliness of the scalp. Excessively oily skin
Oily skin: Natural and artificial care
head can make the hair greasy and very dry skin
Dry skin: care and treatment
It can lead to breakage and hair loss.
Sage oil is also a popular way to relieve stress. Application to the hair oils of sage calms the nervous system, and also reduces the symptoms of depression. In addition, it eliminates the stagnation in the scalp, preventing the nutrition of hair follicles.
Another useful property for hair sage oil is that it fights dandruff. This is due to the antimicrobial properties of oils, eliminating fungal infections which cause dandruff.
Sage oil can be rubbed into the scalp, if it has any wounds or scratches. The antiseptic properties of the oil of sage can help fight germs, preventing the spread of infection and prevent damage to hair follicles.
Sage oil restores hair follicles and promotes hair growth, preventing hair loss and premature baldness.
How to use sage oil for hair
For hair growth:
- Mix a few drops of oil of sage, olive oil and jojoba oil, and rub your fingertips into the scalp.
- Wrap head with a wet towel and leave the mixture on your head for 30 minutes or longer.
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
- Repeat this procedure at least 2-3 times per week up to 6 months.
For unruly, curly hair:
- Mix 2 tablespoons oil with sage 3 tablespoons of coconut and jasmine oil (coconut oil should be heated). Apply on the hair.
- Just rub sage oil into the scalp, it can be used alone or mixed with other oils.
Hair coloring sage
Hair dye contains harsh chemicals that weaken the hair follicles. There are alternative ways to give your hair the desired shade, among them - hair coloring
Hair coloring - Beauty lossless
sage. Sage can stain hair a darker shade without sacrificing their health.
You will need:
- 1 cup of dried sage leaves
- 1 liter of water
- A large saucepan
Hair coloring sage:
- Boil water in a saucepan. Add the sage leaves and continue to cook for 30 to 60 minutes. The color of the water will become darker.
- Allow broth to cool, then leaned over the tub or basin, gradually apply the mixture on the hair. You will have to repeat this process about 20 times to achieve the desired color. Rinse your hair with cool water.
- Before the last rinse can be applied to the hair a little lavender oil. It neutralizes the smell of sage, which is not to everyone, and will provide hair and scalp extra moisturizing.
You may need to repeat this procedure several times a month to keep the dark hair color.
Coloring gray hair sage
To make the gray hair soft warm color, you can paint them with a mixture of sage and rosemary.
You will need:
- 1/8 cup sage
- 1/8 cup rosemary
- 1 cup distilled water
- Boil water in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the sage and rosemary, remove from heat. Let the mixture stand for 30 minutes.
- Pass the mixture through a coffee filter to the liquid in the glass bowl. Gently wring out the filter.
- Allow the mixture to cool for one hour.
- Wash your hair, wrap it with a towel. Put a bowl of broth in the sink.
- Keep your head over the sink, apply the mixture on the hair in small portions. Thoroughly rub it into the hair. Repeat this ten times.
- Wrap head with a towel. Residues mixture can be stored in the refrigerator. Apply the mixture on your hair for three to five times a week, and keep doing it until you get the desired shade of hair.
Basically, the result is visible within a month, so be patient. In between colorations you can apply a little mixture on a cotton ball and soak it gray areas, including roots. If the mixture gets into the eyes - rinse thoroughly with water.
In order to clean the scalp from grease and dirt, and improve the health of the hair, rinsing the hair is useful to make a sage.
For rinsing hair sage you will need:
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves.
Sage - cvyaschennaya grass
boiling water, brew the grass until it has cooled down a bit. Strain. Rinse your hair this infusion after shampooing for three weeks.
The use of sage for hair include not only the essential oil of sage and sage rinse the hair, but also a decoction of sage and sage infusion.
A decoction of sage for hair
A decoction of sage - medical facility that promotes the growth of new hair. A decoction of sage hair is made from the leaves and twigs of this plant.
A decoction of sage combined with apple cider vinegar will help remove scalp accumulated on her hair styling, hair providing additional volume and promoting hair re-growth. Although we should not expect a miraculous recovery of the hair follicles, rubbing a decoction of sage in the scalp, it can be used as an excellent tool for cleaning and conditioning the hair.
Tincture of sage for hair
Apply tincture of sage as a point tool for thinning hair. After shampooing, apply one drop of tincture of sage on the problem area of the head, and gently rub it into the skin until the hair is still wet. If alcohol is part of the tincture irritates your skin, give up the means.
Tincture of sage and olive oil for hair
Rub mixture of tincture of sage and olive oil into the scalp at night. Add three to four drops of tincture of sage in a tablespoon of olive oil. Rub the mixture into the scalp where the hair is thinning, while it will not be absorbed properly. In the morning wash your hair as usual.