- Tonsils - whether to delete them?
- Possible changes
Tonsils, or as many call them, the glands - organs of the immune system, which are the accumulation of lymphoid tissue. They are located on the border between the oral cavity and pharynx, in niches, which are formed by the palatine arches.
What man needs glands
These entities are involved in protecting the body from germs. The air that breathes the man or the food he consumes, pass through the throat. Tonsils, together with other bodies of immune protection are involved in the destruction of bacteria.
When organisms are tonsils, they are recognized by the immune system. Thereafter starts a cascade of reactions involving the formation of the immunity to these bacteria. Then, special cells called macrophages destroy infectious agents.
Tonsils are showing the highest activity in childhood, so in this period of the disease of the tonsils are the most common.
If the air or the food in the body gets too many pathogens and the immune system is weakened due to hypothermia or other reasons, the glands can not cope with its task. In such situations, they become inflamed, that is developing tonsillitis. This disease can be acute or chronic.
Acute tonsillitis (angina) is a common infectious disease that most often cause Streptococcus, Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pneumoniae. The first signs of sore throat are throat pain at rest and during swallowing, expression gradually increases. Body temperature rises, deteriorating health rights. His mouth an unpleasant smell.
There are several forms of acute tonsillitis:
- Bluetongue in which the tonsils become swollen and reddened;
- Follicular when surface glands are seen as points festering follicles;
- Lacunar, while in the gaps (depressions on the surface of the tonsils) are visible purulent cork or liquid pus.
Sometimes the inflammation spreads to the lymph nodes under the jaw and in the upper neck. The person experiences unpleasant sensations in these areas. There can be felt sore and swollen lymph nodes.
Treatment of angina have to start with the use of antibiotics. Typically prescribed tools such as amoksiklav
Amoxiclav - an effective tool against infections
, Bioparoks. Simultaneously need to use antiseptic agents, which are applied topically. They have analgesic effect and reduce inflammation. These tools include Hexoral, geksasprey, stopangin, tamtum Verde.
Chronic tonsillitis usually develops after suffering last angina or other infectious disease that affects the mucous membrane of the pharynx (eg, scarlet fever, diphtheria or measles). But in some cases, a chronic inflammation of the tonsils occurs without prior acute process.
The presence in the body of chronic foci of infection, such as sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses) and carious teeth, promotes the development of tonsillitis. Frequent exposure to cold, poor nutrition, deviated septum, and a predisposition to allergic diseases also play an important role in the formation of long-term inflammation of the tonsils.
In chronic tonsillitis
Chronic tonsillitis - inflammation of the tonsils
periods of exacerbation alternating with remissions (periods when the symptoms of inflammation of the tonsils or disappear completely). Due to the fact that the symptoms most often are mild, many for a long time I did not go to the doctor. But if chronic tonsillitis is left untreated, can develop kidney damage, rheumatic fever, hyperthyroidism, skin diseases.
Symptoms of chronic tonsillitis:
- Redness and thickening of the roller edges palatine arches;
- Scar adhesions that occur between the tonsils and palatine arches;
- The increase in the amount of glands, and they become loose. In cases where the tonsils are very large, they have difficulty swallowing and breathing, voice changes;
- Accumulation of "cheesy" plugs in the gaps of the tonsils. They have an unpleasant odor, and sometimes self-allocated from the glands;
- The increase in cervical lymph nodes;
- A slight increase in body temperature, which persists for many months;
- Frequent sore throat (more than once a year).
When compensated form of the disease, when dominated by local symptoms, conservative treatment is carried out. In order to increase the body's defenses, the food must contain a sufficient amount of essential vitamins. Also, to correct immunity appointed drugs such as bronhomunal, ribomunil, taktivin, prodigiozan, levamisole. At the same time you need to start the treatment of carious teeth and sinusitis.
The direct impact on the glands - another important part of treatment. The patient at home should gargle with special solutions, which are sold in pharmacies.
It is recommended to lubricate the tonsils Lugol's iodine solution, oily solution hlorofillipta, propolis tincture
Propolis tincture: obvious use
with butter. Washing is carried out to remove the gaps are traffic jams and pus. The procedure is carried out using a syringe, and the solutions used antiseptics, antibiotics, enzymes, antiallergic drugs and antifungal. The same drug with a needle can be introduced into the tissue of the tonsils.
When you need to remove the tonsils
Surgical treatment (tonsillectomy) is carried out in the following cases:
- Frequent sore throats caused by streptococcus. If repeated courses of antibiotic treatment ineffective, and in the blood is determined by the increase in the number of antibodies to this microbe, then tonsillectomy is performed is mandatory. This is necessary due to the fact that in this situation significantly increases the risk of rheumatism.
- The patient suffered a peritonsillar abscess
Abscess - why it is so dangerous ulcers?
(purulent inflammation of the tissues, which are located behind the amygdala).
- If a patient with rheumatism, impressed heart, joints or kidneys.
- A significant increase in the size of the glands, because of what disturbed breathing and swallowing.
Chronically inflamed tonsils not only protect people from microorganisms, but also themselves become a hotbed of infection. After removal of the tonsils their function is performed by other tonsils and adenoid tissue, which is located in the mucous membrane of the pharynx.