The criteria for responsibility and irresponsibility - the verdict is final and not subject to appeal
January 9, 2011
Mental Disorders - a violation on the part of the brain, which deprives a person of the ability to properly understand and assess their actions and to behave in a given situation. This may lead the patient to such wrong actions, which on one hand represent a danger to the public, on the other exclusive legal responsibility for his actions.
Insanity - is a legal concept that refers to a painful condition of the person at the time of committing an unlawful act, which does not allow to put the (imputed), he is accused of the act.
In accordance with existing legislation responsible for the commission of a crime can be a person who is responsible. The law has a clause stating that a person who at the time the crime was committed in a state of insanity, then there could not be aware of his actions or was not able to lead them as a result of a mental disorder, is not subject to criminal liability. The man declared insane, is not subject to criminal liability to him by the court can be applied only to medical measures.
The question of sanity or insanity of a person forensic psychiatrists decided by the court. The variety of different symptoms and severity of mental disorders made it necessary to use two criteria for insanity - medical and legal.
The medical criterion of diminished responsibility
The medical criterion of diminished responsibility - a list of mental illnesses
Mental illness - ashamed to ask for help?
Which are divided into 4 groups: chronic mental illness, temporary mental disorder activity, dementia, and other disease states.
- The group of chronic mental illness consists of a continuously flowing or recurrent (in the form of recurring seizures) progressive mental illnesses that cause deep and persistent personality changes. This group of diseases include schizophrenia
Schizophrenia - to blame civilization
, Senile dementia, senile psychoses, and others.
- By the time of mental disorders include acute mental illness, ending recovery. This alcoholic psychosis, reactive psychosis (occurs in response to some external stimulus), symptomatic psychosis (psychosis is one of the signs of a disease, such as jaundice), and so on.
- A group of patients with dementia brings together all cases of different origin states reduce persistent intelligence, particularly the level of judgment and criticism. This group includes patients with reduced ability or inability to adapt to society.
- The group of other disease states including cases of non-mental illness, but there are certain violations of mental activity - psychopathy (deformities of character), mental infantilism (immature) and some cases of deaf-mutism.
The task of the judicial psychiatrist - the correct diagnosis. But the diagnosis itself does not solve the question of sanity. Most mental illnesses are manifested variety of symptoms - from mild, not disturbing public life, to very severe, leading to disability. This wide range in the manifestations of mental disorders are, for example, epilepsy
Epilepsy - a sacred disease
, Mental disorders, traumatic and vascular origin, after suffering encephalitis, with mental retardation.
The legal criterion of insanity
Actually forensic psychiatric assessment, based on certain identified disease severity of mental disorders
Mental Disorders - when life is fun
Yield using the legal criteria of insanity, which is described in the law as "the inability to be aware of their actions and guide them." Legal criterion characterizes a degree of severity of the disease, which excludes sanity.
Legal criterion includes two features: intellectual (the inability to be aware of their actions) and volitional (inability to control his actions), which provide a more complete characterization of a comprehensive mental disorders identified the person who carried out the examination. Legal criterion - a common definition, the generalized characteristic of mental disorders in terms of their severity, which excludes sanity or, on the contrary, diminished responsibility.
The application of the legal test is carried out by analyzing the mental disorders (after diagnosis) and is the responsibility of mental health experts. The final decision on sanity - insanity belongs to the court.
Luvox - to relieve depression
April 15, 2010
Depression is often the result of severe mental stress and the huge flow of information that constantly accompany modern man. Depression - is not just a bad mood, because that's what depression is the cause of most suicides: a man can not withstand a prolonged state of depression and despair. For removing a person from a state of depression, there is a special group of drugs - antidepressants.
Causes of Depression
Depression - a melancholy, heavy feeling of emptiness, which is accompanied by a lack of interest in life, and obsessive thoughts about their own inferiority. Severe depression is often accompanied by some mental disease, but can occur in healthy people under the influence of certain circumstances that can cause a nervous breakdown.
As a result, effects on the central nervous system of certain factors in the body stock is depleted of neurotransmitters - bioactive substances, through which information is transmitted (i.e., nerve impulses) in nerve cells. The main mediator, who is responsible for a person's mood is serotonin, this substance comes over our lives emotionally supports the will, regulates mood and sleep. Serotonin increases the feeling of happiness and self-confidence. And as for the synthesis of serotonin need light, depression often occur in autumn and winter, when sunlight is not enough. When susceptibility to depression and withdrawal from this state appointed special drugs called antidepressants.
The mechanism of action of Luvox
Luvox (INN - fluvoxamine maleate) - is an antidepressant that belongs to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors nerve cells. The selectivity of action suggests that fevarin acts primarily on the neurotransmitter serotonin, without significant impact on the rest of the neurotransmitters that are responsible for other effects on the central nervous system. This is important especially because the effect of the drug is almost not affect the other, no less important for the body's neurotransmitter - noradrenalin, which is called the stress hormone - he cites the human body in a state of full combat readiness in the face of danger (increased heart rate, respiratory movements, accelerated exchange processes and so on). That norepinephrine can cause side-effects of antidepressants.
Serotonin is transmitted from cell to cell in place of their connection, called synapses. But there is a mechanism and serotonin reuptake of the cell that it has transferred. It is this mechanism blocks the reuptake and Luvox.
After ingestion of the drug is absorbed into the blood, it constant plasma concentration is reached within two weeks. Then it decomposes in the liver and excreted in the form of the decay products in the urine and feces.
Indications and Contraindications
Luvox is appointed:
- for the treatment and prevention of depression, occurring on a background of mental illness
Mental illness - ashamed to ask for help?
- to relieve depression, occurs against a background of various diseases of the internal organs, particularly difficult to treat;
- elevated anxiety
Anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease?
Which often leads to depression.
Luvox is not assigned:
- when you are hypersensitive to the patient;
- while taking other antidepressants, tranquilizers (sedatives) or receive alcoholic beverages;
- with heavy human liver and kidneys;
- Pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding);
- under the age of 8 years;
- older people, if they can not tolerate the drug;
- during seizures;
- with frequent bleeding against the backdrop of blood clotting.
Since fevarin impair concentration, when it is not recommended driving transport and other activities that require attention.
Luvox overdose and side effects that can occur when receiving
Luvox may cause the following side effects:
- the central nervous system: fatigue, weakness, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, insomnia, anxiety, motor and mental excitement, fear and trembling in the hands, legs and the whole body;
- the part of the digestive system: nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, poor appetite, dry mouth, disturbances of the liver;
- on the part of the endocrine system: insufficient production of antidiuretic hormone (allocation of large amounts of urine and salts necessary to maintain the correct water-salt metabolism), sweating, sexual dysfunction;
- the part of the circulatory system: increased heart rate, decreased blood pressure;
- on the part of the musculoskeletal system: pain in the muscles and joints;
- Allergic reactions: rash, pruritus, angioedema, allergic reactions to sun exposure.
With an overdose of Luvox
Luvox - a cure for the crisis?
It enhances all its side effects, which may result in loss of consciousness and coma. In such cases, an urgent need to wash out the stomach, take activated charcoal
Activated carbon - old but indispensable
(20 tablets - it absorbs and removes toxins) and call an ambulance - in the future will require a doctor's help.
Luvox - a drug that can be administered only by a physician.