- Taking care of the skin and joints in psoriatic arthritis - the right treatment and care
Until recently, the problem of psoriatic arthritis was given very little attention, and to this day many people are unaware of the existence of this disease. But if you are suffering from this disease, you need to know what kinds of treatment and preventive maintenance can help you avoid the appearance of painful, debilitating body symptoms.
In recent years, many new ways to treat psoriatic arthritis, and today is possible to control the disease - reduce the risk of damage that can cause pain for a long time.
Medications used in psoriatic arthritis
In the world of many people with psoriasis, and in some cases the disease develops into psoriatic arthritis
Arthritis - a variety of forms and complications
. Both diseases are themselves an autoimmune disorder that causes damage to healthy cells of the skin and joints. Letting the disease take its course in the future, you doom yourself to the emergence of severe pain and irreversible deformation of the joints.
The choice of treatment depends on psoriatic arthritis symptoms present.
The most commonly used drugs are the following groups:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
They have a sedative effect, relieve swelling and inflammation. Drugs in this group to help ease the tension in the joints, this phenomenon is most often observed in the morning. These funds are released under doctor's orders, but some of them, such as aspirin, ibuprofen
Ibuprofen: anti-inflammatory drug
or naproxen sodium may be purchased over the counter without a prescription.
- Means, disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and basic
The principle of action of these drugs is based on blocking certain processes in the immune system
The immune system - how it works?
and slowing the growth of skin cells. The composition of this group of drugs include methotrexate, sulfasalazine, cyclosporine, leflunomide and biological agents such as anti-TNF-alpha (tumor necrosis factor alpha).
- Blockers of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)
TNF blockers facilitate the symptoms of psoriatic arthritis, and to prevent long-term damage by blocking certain processes in the immune system. Take the medicine in this group can be in the form of solutions or injections, depending on what kind of medication you are taking. The structure of TNF blockers include etanercept (Enbrel), infliximab (Remicade) and adalimumab protein (Humira).
New products development
The latest products are designed to improve the condition of patients, contributing to striking improvements; they leave less and less chance of pain affect the normal daily life.
Tumor necrosis factor blockers were first used in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis in the early 2000s, research is ongoing and scientists do not stop on the achieved results. Many people are greatly relieve the symptoms of disease, and restore energy and reduce the ability of this effect is particularly noticeable in the early stages of taking these drugs.
Sometimes the effect of the drug over time becomes less pronounced at the beginning. In such cases, doctors are trying to find new ways to help the patient, complementing treatment with other medicines, or recommend other therapies based on TNF blockers.
- It is very important to your health professional involved, understanding the nature and characteristics of your disease. You can not do without the help of a doctor, a rheumatologist, who will monitor the condition of your joints and dermatologist - for skin care is also very important. The therapist will help you to control the overall condition of your body.
- If you experience emotional discomfort and difficulties with social adjustment, you will come to the aid of a psychologist or a social service representative.
- Ask for help from people familiar with the disease, they can give good advice and recommend qualified professionals.
- At a reception at the doctor did not hesitate to ask questions. You may wonder how long he has been treating this disease is how many patients he has helped, ask objectively evaluate your condition, find out about the latest trends in the treatment of psoriasis
Advances in the treatment of psoriasis
and psoriatic arthritis, about the latest updates in the field of skin care and joints used in this disease.